Beorn & Tulonville & Foreon Official Thread

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
derigin
Retired

Beorn & Tulonville & Foreon Official Thread

Post by derigin » 09 Sep 2011, 14:12

Welcome!
Hey all. I am Derigin, the founder and current mayor of Beorn. I would like to welcome you to the official thread for the towns of Beorn and Tulonville. This thread is open to all residents of both towns, and of anyone interested in either location or in news regarding them. I (and the other leaders of the town) will be using this thread to work out plans for the towns and the areas surrounding them. We are entirely open to any ideas from the public on how Beorn and Tulonville can be improved upon.

What is Beorn and Tulonville?
Beorn and Tulonville are sister towns located in the south hemisphere of the Fyra world (at the first railway stop south). Back when Fyra was created in April, two individuals (Derigin and Tulonsae) claimed land that others had an interest in settling on. Over time, the population of both towns has skyrocketed. With a collective population of well over 130 residents, Beorn and Tulonville together represent the single largest populated area on the entire server. Despite the high population, the town is spread out and plots range from small apartments to large estates. Both towns provide amenities: tree farms, mob towers, farms, trading markets, banks and other services.

Both towns have focused on developing a friendly, creative, and understanding atmosphere. I envisioned Beorn as a "town with an ocean view," that would facilitate the creativity of its citizens; Tulonsae imagined Tulonville as a countryside of large estates. Both towns host a number of beautiful buildings and landmarks, including two decorative lighthouses, grand halls (including one modeled off of Beorn's Hall from Lord of the Rings), a house made of diamonds and gold, decorative bridges, statues, ships, castles, fountains, vast natural parks, boardwalks, entertainment facilities, a museum, and a district dedicated to a re-imagining of the Shire from Lord of the Rings. Because of the efforts of their citizens, both towns have prospered and remain active.

Along with its neighbors, some of which have joined in a federation of towns (known as the Corinth Federation in Fyra), the region hosts a vast transportation network of subways and highways. The goal has been to facilitate the movement of peoples across the region, from town to town, neighborhood to district. Walls separate Beorn from its neighbors, but grand gates freely welcome anyone who wishes to visit or settle in either town.

It costs nothing to have a plot in Beorn or Tulonville. Simply ask Tulonsae, Derigin, or any designated citizen to help you find a plot and create a house. For Tulonville in particular you will need Tulonsae's approval, as the entire town is cuboided (protected). I am more than glad to provide goods from the vault of Beorn for the creation of buildings and structures.

Rules
Forthcoming. Sorry.

Map
Below you will find a map of Beorn only. It is NOT COMPLETE. When I have more time, I will fix the numbers and add on more. This is also a map that takes into account plans for Beorn, so please ignore the drawn lines. I will update it on a regular basis.

A very important note. The orange line is the border of Beorn. Some of that border is defined by walls, while the rest is defined by an obsidian line. The red lines encompass two districts of Beorn, which are considered separate from the town administration itself. Foreon is a district (a suburb of Beorn) that will be built by Stalke. It is undergoing terraforming. The Shire was purchased by Derigin in September, 2011. The area within the red box is considered a landmark, and (with some minor beautification) will go unchanged, and will remain as it is. It is one of the oldest areas of development on Fyra. It is a historical, heritage town that is not associated with the Corinth Federation.

Resident Plots (in white)
1. Aenir_bEPU's House
2. Tulonsae's House
3. mccormmackal's House
4. tyshatley's House
5. cleggfamily's House
6. darkcaster16's House
7. Stalke's House
8. Bobby's House
9. jice's House
10. Todttag's House
11. oklah0maXC91's House
12. Jman's House
13. Zypher232's House
14. SMWasder's House
15. Cult of Cthulu Building
16. strnad's House
17. youngmandog's House
18. Slashcross360's House
19. shamisenhero's House
20. Jagorrax's House
21. cooldudepoke's House
22. Andy25100's House
23. Angelgirl's House & Shop
24. Ramza's House
25. Minazen's House
26. Baardz' House
27. The_killerman and heleniscool's House
28. oaf12's House
29. RiffRaff1's Hotel
30. shrinkwraps's House
31. TheLone13's House
32. Mojo333's House
33. ???
34. Ghost's House
35. Soap's House
36. The Leaf Man Club
37. AVAILABLE PLOT
38. s0cc3rb3ast333's House
39. SirBackup's House
40. iamalicefool's House
41. Fealuinix's House
42. Wassoncrane's House
43. justinsells76's House
44. KiddieWish's House
45. UnownTLM's House
46. UnownTLM and Kiddiewish's Grand Hall
47. AVAILABLE PLOT
48. slvrsurfer's House
49. ???
50. M3W2's House
51. RoughSausage's House
52. Flame_Dark8761's House
53. SYMETRYK's House
54. StellaFart's House
55. Saxaphonepwn's House
56. Badalligator's House
57. PLOT AVAILABLE
58. Aflycon's House
59. Arithel's House
60. Flux's House
61. oIxMonKxIo's House
62. ???
63. Megavici's House
64. AVAILABLE PLOT
65. MKindy's House
66. jakeeboy's House
67. ???'s House
68. makkaal's House
69. PLOT AVAILABLE
70. killerfiddle97's House
71. ???
72. Rockbeefchest's House
73. HOUSE AVAILABLE
74. ace19E8's House
75. iinote's House
76. blackfang82's House
77. aronh's House
78. gamefrak218's House
79. tobra's House
80. Racyro's House
81. ???
82. bzcoconut's House
83. roflcopterbkaer's House
84. PLOT AVAILABLE
85. Yabai_Ninja's Airstream Park
87. Necrontyr1800's House
88. mjkaufer's House
89. oliverelbee's House
90. Suzzy Ninja's Pub

Public Buildings/Parks/Landmarks (in red)
1. Beorn Mob Tower (public)
2. Beorn Hall and Farms (public)
3. Beorn Town Hall (public)
4. Beorn Vault and Bank
5. Aenir_bEPU's Piston Project
6. Beorn London Bridge & Apartments
7. Stalke's Statue of Hope
8. Beorn Wishing Well
9. Beorn Park
10. Gift of Corinth Tower
11. Beorn Campground and Dog Park
12. Beorn Pool
13. SYMETRYK's Watchtower of the East
14. Corinth Park
15. Beorn Hospital
16. Hospital Park
17. Cpt_Harlock's Zombie Pirate Ship
18. Saxaphonepwn's Ship
20. Beorn Lighthouse
22. Tulonsae Gardens
23. Beorn Boardwalk
24. Bob's Beat Box
25. Beorn-Tulonville Bridge
26. MKindy's Inn

Plans
The Yellow Line represents an expansion/creation of a 6 block wide highway. One that goes to the district of Foreon (in the North) and one that goes down towards the district of The Shire and the neighboring towns of Ajax, New Buckinghamshire and DistortedStu's land. The Yellow Boxes are railway stations. I intend to redevelop the area around these stations, to be more open and "station-like."

The Purple Boxes will be secondary tree farms to the main one found in the center of town. The one in the west will serve that area of Beorn. The one in the south will serve that area of Beorn, along with any neighbors. Both will be smaller than the one found in the center of the town (at #2).

The Cyan Box is my own personal estate. I will be developing this area to host a large building with surrounding parks. It will serve as an in-game meeting place.

The Black Lines represent where roads will tentatively be. Along these roads will be plots and parks. It is my intention to perhaps look into other creative projects, such as arenas or citizen art as space permits.

A subway still must be built through the town itself. This will require a bit of meandering passed land claims. Along with that, I am preparing the town farms for 1.8, by expanding it. The vault is undergoing some security measures to protect it from griefing, but to allow the public areas to be public.

On the backburner are some arenas - a spleef and zombie fighting one - which still must be discussed and organized.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Re: Beorn & Tulonville Official Thread

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 09 Sep 2011, 14:27

Neato, my house got mentioned, -and- is #1 on the list :P

Also, you don't have Public Buildings/Parks/Landmarks #s 19 and 21 in the list.

But geez, nice to see a comprehensive list of everything. And the "PLOT AVAILABLE"s are nice :)

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 09 Sep 2011, 14:39

Of course you would be mentioned! :D

There are still some numbers I have to add, and some I have to remove. #19 and #21 are not on the list as they've been changed since I originally made this map. Adding numbers takes time. I expect that you will see the resident buildings numbers to increase to at least 100-120 all depending upon how many new plots are made soon, and the public buildings to increase to 32 or so.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 09 Sep 2011, 14:45

hey deri can you do something about the houses of matthews and wolfzero in the shire it ruins the landmark
and i will continue with it's walls

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 09 Sep 2011, 14:53

I'll politely evict them, Iron. The walls will need to be adjusted, and I'm going to plot out where they should go. But once that is done, I'd be glad to have your help.

For The Shire I have a few plans. I will be shortening its land area to just include the area already built up. There will be a north wall, some of the current wall will need to be removed. I will be extending the river to look more natural. Grass/Flowers will be added where it seems they should work. I'll also just be cleaning up any griefing and the farms. After that is done, I plan to cuboid the area. The residents will all have access to the cuboid, if they desire, but nobody else will.

I like to picture the relationship between The Shire and Beorn like towns that have historical forts inside them, or like neighboring ghost or heritage towns.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 09 Sep 2011, 14:58

cool, i would like to help as much as possible with the development of the shire =)

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 09 Sep 2011, 15:32

I'll help with any project if anyone needs help.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 09 Sep 2011, 22:47

There are 2 and a half weeks max left for Foreon to be built and ready. We will have a nice grand opening with cake (Especially a lot of cake).

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 10 Sep 2011, 11:55

Hey Deri i've got a friend called aidan25 who's new and looking for a place to start to i was wondering if i could get a plot to give to him?
Last edited by andy25100 on 11 Sep 2011, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 10 Sep 2011, 12:20

The map is black-and-white. ._.

Awesome job with organizing this Deri, your visions of "the Corinth of Fyra" really have come true, huh? :D I remember telling you I'd help out when you first suggested starting Nokomis, so I'll be around a lot more often now to really help.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 10 Sep 2011, 12:21

aflycon wrote:The map is black-and-white. ._.

Awesome job with organizing this Deri, your visions of "the Corinth of Fyra" really have come true, huh? :D I remember telling you I'd help out when you first suggested starting Nokomis, so I'll be around a lot more often now to really help.
Enlarge it, you foolish derp! :lol:

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 10 Sep 2011, 12:36

.-.

Derp.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 11 Sep 2011, 17:00

Work on the highway expansion/creation is underway. I'll be needing help with the area around the shire shortly. I'll keep you all posted. I will need to install a wall in the south.

I am also going ahead, and working on a library attached to the town hall in the center of Beorn.

Andy, feel free to bring in your friend. If you would like your friend close to your place, have him take up the land at the red "19" on the map there.

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 11 Sep 2011, 17:30

Awesome to see the map. And I love the label of my ship lol. I also have an idea for a project if we're able to. The bridge behind Stalke's statue of hope. Do you think we could come up with a really awesome bridge to replace it? If not let me know. I'd be happy to work on it and come up with ideas with you.

But good work!!

edit: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! My sandstone tower is unmarked!! lol, jk. Whenever you get around to editing it =)
Or... you could always demolish it since you hate it so much....

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 11 Sep 2011, 17:51

Haha, it shall be labeled soon.

Cpt, you can do whatever you wish with that old bridge. Tear it down and replace it with your mind's creation. I didn't have any plans for it other than to see it changed for the better. By all means, go ahead and if you need materials let me know. Make it out of whatever you want (sandstone, even! :P)

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 12 Sep 2011, 10:20

Well, I am back although not on as much as I used to be. My inspiration has returned and personal problems dealt with. I am going to begin a project that I've been wanting to do for a while now, but have not had the time. I planned on making it within the vicinity of Beorn, but i notice there is clearly not enough room to make it. Most of there doesn't seem to be any free land around outside Beorn either. I'll update you guys when I begin my project.

I'm also going to be that guy, and say that I absolutely despise that massive pony thing.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 12 Sep 2011, 10:30

derigin wrote:Andy, feel free to bring in your friend. If you would like your friend close to your place, have him take up the land at the red "19" on the map there.
I'll tell him immediatly then
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 12 Sep 2011, 15:04

jagorrax wrote:Well, I am back although not on as much as I used to be. My inspiration has returned and personal problems dealt with. I am going to begin a project that I've been wanting to do for a while now, but have not had the time. I planned on making it within the vicinity of Beorn, but i notice there is clearly not enough room to make it. Most of there doesn't seem to be any free land around outside Beorn either. I'll update you guys when I begin my project.

I'm also going to be that guy, and say that I absolutely despise that massive pony thing.
Thank you... Someone had to say it lol.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 12 Sep 2011, 16:09

Some quick updates:

1. The land claim abandonment I put up on an abandoned estate in the south has been lifted, and now taken over. This will be torn down, and replaced with the project that Jagorrax wishes to work on. Rest assured, Bobby's estate will remain perfectly fine. :)

2. The new railway station at Beorn, and the Beorn Library are now up and functional. I have also gone ahead and fixed up Beorn's Town Hall. It is now how I originally intended to have it. I am continuing to work on the highways. Cpt, if you're up for it, I have another bridge that could use you. I'll show you next time I'm in game.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 13 Sep 2011, 02:16

The new railway station at Beorn is awesome :D I've yet to have a look at the library but I'll take a look at it soon.

Edit: Just checked out the library, pretty sweet. The new town board is very nice and the tree with some important names are cool too. It'll also help out anyone who seeks someone that could help them out in Beorn.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 16 Sep 2011, 21:11

The construction of Foreon begins today. If you'd like to help just find me when I'm online and I'll point you in a direction.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 17 Sep 2011, 18:53

I'll be on monday night to finish up that thing.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 17 Sep 2011, 22:53

Derigin and I have made some progress on Foreon today and here are a couple pictures. I've got 4 plots ready but not open untill Foreon is actually complete. Derigin has claimed the mountain that I took the pictures from and I've got a nice big plot for special reserve at the moment. Also we had around 15 creeper attacks while working on Foreon. Creepers have definitely declared war on us for taking their HQ. Just now I was working on the town hall when a creeper tried attacking me. I thought I was safe after it blew up but then another one came and blew up in same spot.
Spoiler! :
Beorn and Foreon Crossroad.png
North Beorn, Foreon Station.png
Special Reserve Plot.png
The Wall 1.png
The Wall 2.png
The Wall 3.png
Town Hall and 4 Plots.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

derigin
Retired

Re: Beorn & Tulonville & Foreon Official Thread

Post by derigin » 18 Sep 2011, 12:45

Beorn Progress Update - September 18th

In the South:
1. I have finished the main stretch of the highway going south from Beorn and ending at DistortedStu's Winlake and the second station south. A gate has been built where Beorn's boundaries in the south end. I am considering making a nice looking station for the second stop south. The highway from the station to Ajax needs to be completed, still. Cpt_Harlock was kinda enough to build a pretty awesome bridge for the south highway.

2. The Shire has now been walled in from all four sides. I have started a general clean-up of the area. My plan is to beautify what can be beautified, to fix Farmer Maggot's farm, to create a lake at the top of the hill that feeds the creek in the hamlet, and to add a vast field of flowers near that lake. This is slated to be cuboided, as a heritage town.

3. Jagorrax, as per an earlier post, will continue to work on his special project.

4. I've decided that the south's tree farm will be underground, as I do not have any space for it above ground. It will be hidden beneath the Shire's hill, and also cuboided so that players can still take trees but not grief.

5. I will be connecting a small road along the seashore on the east of the Shire. This will be used for water/beach plots. I expect there will be room for 8 beach plots here.

In the East:
1. I have two plots open and available. I will also commence getting dogs for the dog park!

In the West:
1. The secret personal project that I will be working on will be Beorn Castle. Beneath the castle will run part of the highway, that will connect Beorn near Bob's Beatbox with New Bucks, The Shire, Ajax, Winlake and Tulonville. I'm hoping to have plots surrounding the area of the castle, including beach plots. This area is intended to remain mostly parkland.

2. I don't have much to report for the north west. I plan to fix up the wall, lay out roads, and work on the tree farm. This area looks a bit chaotic and griefed. It's a high priority for the town to get this fixed up.

3. I would like to expand the highway in this part to go towards dtman's land. If he permits, I'd love to connect it to his land. My hope is that Tulonville/Beorn can eventually build better connections with Harbortown. After having a walkthrough thanks to gigem, both towns would make friendly partners. Part of this will be subways, which are slowly being worked on for the entire town. I have begun to determine the best places for subway stations within the town. I plan to ask if I can build an embassy in Harbortown.

In the North:
1. Stalke and I have been working on linking the roads of Beorn with Foreon. We both agreed that Foreon is a district of Beorn. As such, a wall has been built to define where the borders are, and to creative cohesiveness between the two areas.

2. I will be building a Ultraluxe here, and moving the Hall of Heroes here as well. Afly, I would love for your design expertise for the Ultraluxe, next time I see you online.

3. Stalke also gave me a hilltop, where I will build my own house in Fyra.

4. Plots are being laid out in both towns. We're hoping to have people move in here once the server is updated to 1.8.

Other:
1. I am planning to fix up the farms and expand them in the heart of the city, along with the setting up of Tree Farms at the periphery of the city. With 1.8. coming out, there'll be many more farming opportunities. I will also be fixing up the pine tree farm, and trippling its size. I've been looking up youtube for new and interesting projects to implement in town.

2. I am going over plans for how the bank will work. I know for certain that there'll be a loan system - where you can take loans from Beorn's vault, but I'm trying to decide how to do so. For now, I am concerned with ways of making sure the vault remains grief free, and the way it shall work. I'm going to discuss this with a few people in town, to get ideas.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 18 Sep 2011, 12:54

A few things:

I'd like to request a beach plot, please. The first house I built in Beorn is.. too cramped for me, and I'd like a more permanent place to stay while in town.

I will gladly help you with the Ultraluxe and Hall of Heroes. :D I'd like to suggest that we make the walls and floors thicker as to allow customization of the rooms. Or shall we go with an entirely different design as to go along with the "homey" feel of Beorn? Let me know what you think.

I've posted signs at Xen_Malius' castle, asking him to contact me. I'd like to buy the land for Beorn (I'll negotiate a price with him). If I can find the time, I will develop the purchased land into a high-class district (think Bron-Yr-Aur, but done right this time).

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 18 Sep 2011, 13:11

Xen has been away for a while, I saw him on yesterday, also when are you going to start on the shire, I'd love to see it finished

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 18 Sep 2011, 17:39

If I have time, I'll see about working on the shire tonight. There's not too much left to do for it.

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 21 Sep 2011, 18:32

I can help with the library and/or the dog park. I have 20+ stacks of reeds just sitting around filling up chests

Sabalora

Post by Sabalora » 22 Sep 2011, 03:22

tulonville will be getting a dog park at some point, lots of stuff to do still ;)

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 26 Sep 2011, 15:17

Foreon is now officialy open! Town Hall and town services are yet to be done but plots are up. Just ask Derigin or me for one. Anyway back to the point... PAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAY TIME!!!! /me calls Blackadder to get it started. :3