Port Royal Official thread of piratin' bizness

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
random980

Re: Port Royal Official thread of piratin' bizness

Post by random980 » 06 Oct 2011, 01:02

Byroe wrote:hello, i would very much like to see port royal, when ever your one wanna show me? :D
(its a 30 second walk from the back of the Twisted Twin Towers, hard to miss)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 06 Oct 2011, 09:22

Due east of the towers, not far. I can show you around at some point, just ask me in-game. Should probably make a path...

Anyway, here's a picture from inside the mine entrance, now without any ugly cobble!
Spoiler! :
EDIT: Mine entrance has vines added, now infinitely cooler!
WWTDD

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 07 Oct 2011, 05:57

SMW, I'm loving all the work around the mine entrance, its top quality, and really adds to the atmosphere. And I love the Winchester! Now we just have to figure out how to mount a deactivated shotgun above the bar, rofl rofl rofl!

As for a train station, I'm happy to add that to my list of things to build, eventually. All the iron I mine is being made into rails, I currently have 2 stacks of 64 rails ready to go. My only question on the rail line is this: Is there enough room to be able to lay the line on the ground, around peoples houses and the Twisted Twin Towers, or will it have to be a subway line? I would like us to be able to make it an above ground line, showing off the quite beautiful scenery around Port Royal and the TTT.
Tabi no tochū.
Proud Queenslander, reminding the New South Welshmen exactly WHY they keep losing the State of Origin.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 07 Oct 2011, 08:35

cheers :D

I think the rail will have to be a subway, if only to reduce griefing. Someone's moved in slightly west of us and I don't want to encroach on their land. I think it could be made above ground, but it would probably be griefed more. Perhaps having it underground most of the way but rise up shortly before the town and into the station.

Oh, and I still have a load of mats for the walls that honeydewiscool kindly donated. Quite a lot of stone brick and sandstone, I'll give it to you at some point.

Images of the mine entrance, now finished (I think):
Spoiler! :

The last one is under The Winchester down to the mine.
WWTDD

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 07 Oct 2011, 21:59

Ok, I'm happy with the rail being a subway most of the way. I have started construction of the Station, its the big stone brick skeleton with sandstone pillars. On teh far side of teh station is a chest, furnace and crafting table, that have been unlocked for you and me, feel free to drop the sandstone and stuff in there. I've left the roof blank for teh moment as I want the station to have a giant glass dome.

For the rails, we should have one inbound from the North Fyra line, and one outbound to the North Fyra Line, and maybe a third that goes around Port Royal as a sightseeing trip or as a subway for quick transport.

And now, off to work with me!
Tabi no tochū.
Proud Queenslander, reminding the New South Welshmen exactly WHY they keep losing the State of Origin.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 08 Oct 2011, 05:41

I like the idea of a rail around the town. Perhaps we could add one that goes under the sea and out to the island?

I've started work building out on the island now, so far there's only a small watchtower. It will look more fitting when there's more there; I'm going to build some jetties and things.

Oh, and Jakeman has been promoted to second-in-command (that's first mate in piratin' speak), so if anyone needs anything you can ask either of us.
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Oct 2011, 06:09

I would suggest making the rail system under ground (under the island) then it surfaces as it travels across the frozen lake past the TTT or something.
Having a rail system in the town will look kinda crappy and it can take up valuable space, by making it under the town it is out of the way.
Eekum Bokum

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 12 Oct 2011, 00:28

UPDATE 12/10/2011:
I have built the Port Royal King's Station, apart from the roof which shall be a glass dome. Preliminary rails have been laid to the North Fyra line, but only as far as the sea around Port Royal. I think I'll have to mine to 20 blocks below to avoid the settlements around the North Fyra Line, but we'll cross that when we get there.

I have also been hard at work mining far below ground and I have finished the subway excavations. I still have to lay all the rails (Need Moar Iron!) and actually build proper looking subway stations both above and below ground, but I'm slowly but surely getting there.

Currently there are four stops on the subway, starting at King's Station, then to Island Station, to Lighthouse Station, to Winchester Station, then back to King's Station. In the near future I may add more stops as needed.

If you have any questions, PM me or leave an UNLOCKED sign by King's Station.
~Jakeman214, Second in Command, Port Royal Railways Manager.
Tabi no tochū.

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Oct 2011, 01:43

Well i visited port royal again and i have to say the place looks amazing.
The sea walls are a good addition even though they are cobble. (well most real sea wall ARE cobble anyway)
I like the Winchester to!
As volunteer owner of the pub, am i allowed to change it around a bit? Ill keep the overall design, but i just want to change the entrances and make the pub itself a bit more noticeable.

What i want to do is to knock back the wall that is in-between the pub's jukebox and the 1x2 stone corridor.
Making that corridor part of the pub and moving the entrance to the pub where the corridors entrance was.
If i can do this i can lower the floor a bit and widen the whole pub itself making it feel less cramped and make the pub itself more noticeable from the outside.
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 12 Oct 2011, 09:44

random980 wrote:Well i visited port royal again and i have to say the place looks amazing.
The sea walls are a good addition even though they are cobble. (well most real sea wall ARE cobble anyway)
As volunteer owner of the pub, am i allowed to change it around a bit? Ill keep the overall design, but i just want to change the entrances and make the pub itself a bit more noticeable.

What i want to do is to knock back the wall that is in-between the pub's jukebox and the 1x2 stone corridor.
Making that corridor part of the pub and moving the entrance to the pub where the corridors entrance was.
If i can do this i can lower the floor a bit and widen the whole pub itself making it feel less cramped and make the pub itself more noticeable from the outside.
Sure, sounds like a good idea. You still need to build a house though ;)
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Oct 2011, 10:50

SMWasder wrote:
random980 wrote:Well i visited port royal again and i have to say the place looks amazing.

Sure, sounds like a good idea. You still need to build a house though ;)
Whats a house?
can i make my house accessible from the pub?
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 12 Oct 2011, 12:56

Sure you can, but bear in mind my house sits literally on top of the Winchester.
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 13 Oct 2011, 00:15

I already told you my plans, im going to build my house/room soon.
Also is Port Royal in alliance with the USSR? or is the town apart of the USSR?
(If alliance we need to build our embassy, if its apart we want you to put up a USSR flag somewhere in town, will also probably be able to join the USSR without needing tests as well).
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 13 Oct 2011, 00:18

i like port royal, it gives off that wild feel. :D
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 13 Oct 2011, 16:57

Thanks Byroe, I can sort you out a plot if you like. :)

I'm not sure with the USSR, whether being an ally or being part of the USSR is best. I dunno what different things this would mean for the town. I'm erring towards part of the USSR, but I'm curious about what autonymity the town would keep. Besides from the flag, what else would I have to do?
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 14 Oct 2011, 01:24

SMWasder wrote:Thanks Byroe, I can sort you out a plot if you like. :)

I'm not sure with the USSR, whether being an ally or being part of the USSR is best. I dunno what different things this would mean for the town. I'm erring towards part of the USSR, but I'm curious about what autonymity the town would keep. Besides from the flag, what else would I have to do?
You would have to get up at 6am each day and force yourself and all residents to spend and hour worshiping us.
Being apart of the USSR means you get to be apart of our community within the community, help us build our wacky projects and take part in some of the silly events we hold. Because youre also a town owner our resources also become yours. (figuratively, we cant really merge inventories, but if you need help just ask). Joining us will mean that you may need to keep up with our actual USSR thread of nonsense.

Being an ally will mean that we will help if you ask for it, but if we are busy it may take a while before someone is able to move their ass. There probably will be less communication and involvement between the town and the empire.

Think of it as Family (join), or Friend (alliance), hope that helps :) The Winchester is close to completion, need a lot more wood. Is there a tree farm somewhere on Port Royal?
Eekum Bokum

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 15 Oct 2011, 20:00

UPDATE!!!
The Port Royal Harbour Bridge is now complete! However, now that the Island is a part of Port Royal, I'm not sure about the harbour wall and its placement. Should I make it go around the Island as well or just keep it where it is? If it stays put, I'll build a pair of Watchtowers either side of the Harbour Bridge to tie it in with the wall.

STILL ON THE TO-DO LIST:
1. Build the Glass Dome roof of King's Station.
2. Finish laying Rails on the subway from Island Station to Lighthouse Station to Winchester Station.
3. Lay Rails to the North Fyra Line and back. Negotiate Rail Line to pass through other people's landclaims if nessecary.
4. Finish rebuilding Harbour wall with Stone Bricks.
5. Build Twin Watchtowers at Harbour Gate Entrance.
6. Build a wooden walkway around the Harbour wall.
7. Replace the cobble guardhouse by the Governor's Mansion with Sandstone Guardhouse.
Tabi no tochū.

random980

Post by random980 » 16 Oct 2011, 00:33

you forgot 8. Find a deactivated shotgun to hang up in the Winchester.
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 16 Oct 2011, 14:29

I've decided I'd like Port Royal to become and official part of the USSR. Should be a lark! Anyway, I'd rather the harbour walls didn't go around the island. I like the idea of making the part of the wall around the bridge a bit more developed. The island is going to be pretty awesome soon, I've come up with a really nice idea of what the town hall should look like (we'll need bricks though...) and I have a couple of ideas like a smaller lighthouse on the island atop a rocky outcrop, maybe some gardens and some water based plots. I might make a model of what I'm gonna make the town hall like in creative. I'm not entirely sure how it'll work out.

Oh, tiny modification to the watchtower. I like it!
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 17 Oct 2011, 00:45

Please post your request to fall under USSR commonwealth in our main thread
: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 849#p72849 (aren't i nice? i gave you a link!)
ooh, and be ready to put up the USSR flag! (if you dont know what it is ask in our thread)
Eekum Bokum

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 18 Oct 2011, 07:13

STILL ON THE TO-DO LIST:
1. Build the Glass Dome roof of King's Station.
2. Finish laying Rails on the subway from Island Station to Lighthouse Station to Winchester Station.
3. Lay Rails to the North Fyra Line and back. Negotiate Rail Line to pass through other people's landclaims if nessecary.
4. Finish rebuilding Harbour wall with Stone Bricks.
5. Build Twin Watchtowers at Harbour Gate Entrance.
6. Build a wooden walkway around the Harbour wall.
7. Replace the cobble guardhouse by the Governor's Mansion with Sandstone Guardhouse.

WOO! THE roof of King's Station is done, and only a small handfull of lag based glass errors! Also, WE NEED RAILS to connect to the North Fyra Line.

ONWARDS TO THE NEXT TASK!
Tabi no tochū.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 18 Oct 2011, 12:35

I like the roof! I'll try and get on at some point, but I've been really busy recently. I'll try and start work on making the island decent.
WWTDD

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 28 Oct 2011, 07:41

SMWasder! I showed Amazing128 and mantaget9 around today, and they both wanted a plot. I have marked out two south district plots for them, but told them to wait for your OK before they start building.

I've decided to scrap the subway. We have no need for one, its just as quick to walk. A cool idea, but useless at the current point in time. Also, as soon as I talk to Random980, I'll start work on the Port Royal to North Fyra Railway, via the USSR's Twisted Twin Towers.

Jakeman214, out.
Tabi no tochū.

mantaget9

Post by mantaget9 » 28 Oct 2011, 07:52

Port Royal is awesome

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 28 Oct 2011, 13:48

Sure, you can have plots :D . Just make sure you read the first post, it's where all the important stuff is. I agree that the subway is kinda a waste of resources, things are pretty easy to get to, especially when the walls are all finished. May as well keep the underground walkways open though, might think of a use for them at some point.
WWTDD

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 30 Oct 2011, 08:34

Couple of things, I cleared up the rules, they're now clear and at the bottom of the OP. Also, I've decided that I'm going to make the rest of the hill behind my house part of Port Royal. Won't take much work and I think we could do with the space.
WWTDD

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 12 Nov 2011, 10:19

Great news, the large island to the west has been donated to Port Royal by Stealthy Cake. Plans are pretty vague at the moment, but we're thinking skyport. I would like to have a slightly more fantastical area, but it's also separate from Port Royal main, so if residents wanted a more realistic town then that's still ok. It will fit with the feel of the rest of the town, but be a bit madder. It's the best of both worlds in my opinion. I'm not entirely sure how things are going to work, but what's certain is we'll need to build a whacking great bridge. I'm fond of the idea of having an inhabited bridge, a bit like old London bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_bridge). Anyway, it's all undecided at the moment. Feel free to add your suggestions.

If we go ahead with the Skyport idea I'll probably cuboid my skyship from creative to the port.
http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =14&t=4872

Oh started the town hall too. It's not that big, but it looks good. Probably going to add a tower to make it stand out a bit. It's at least going to be a few stories tall anyway. It's on the hill by my house, it'll be the first thing you'll see from the rails.

I'm gonna do a proper ordered post later, like last time. Should make it clearer what still needs to be done and if people have any suggestions. I'll also put up some screenies, because all the ones up at the moment are out of date.
Spoiler! :
Here's the hall, currently unfinished. it's actually rather small inside, but it has no real purpose anyway. I think it looks pretty damned good too, I'll sort out plots up there too.
WWTDD

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 15 Nov 2011, 15:49

Time for one big thread update!
Port Royal: Lookin' fine.

Done stuff
The town hall is finished! Just got to move the info board in and it's completely done. Many thanks to Byroe for the clay contributions. Also terraformed a little around it, bit classier now.

Stealthy Cake built a rather nice tree farm out on the east island. I moved the temporary farm, that room can be used for plots now.

Since the nether is open again all the lanterns now use glowstone.

Stealthy has also donated a lot of land to Port Royal, to the north and an island to the west. As for that...

Plans 'n' tings

On the island to the west, we're thinking of making a big skyport. I'm looking at cuboiding in my iron skyship from creative to it, and residents can build their own skyships in dock. Any more fantastical things for Port Royal will probably go on that island. Although it'll keep the piratey feel of main Port Royal, I don't want to break the more realistic feel of the main town.

On that note, thinking of adding a Nether district. The idea of a portal to hell being what it is, it's going on the west island (gonna have to think of a better name :lol: ).

Going to have the farms out on the east island, possibly making them underground too.

The area around the hall is going to turned into a classy square, with plots available.

Going to build a very large bridge over to the west island. Probably sandstone, but I'd like to build some apartments on it. I think it might be a good idea for newbies that come on asking for a home to be able to use them as temporary houses.

Rail line to the Twisted Towers is ready on our end, waiting on the TTT station to be built though. No rush.

Anyway, That's pretty much everything in as vague a way as I can put it and still sound like I know what I'm doing. You stay classy, Port Royal.
WWTDD

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 15 Nov 2011, 18:39

Loving the new Town Hall SMW! Did ya have to make it so tall though, it makes my Station look reall small now!

I like the skyport idea, so DO IT! As for the giant bridge, can we make it out of wood? Maybe with Sandstone supports but I like the idea of the main section being wood.

Oh and once you build the Nether Portal, post up the co-ords it leads to netherside, and I'll attempt to link in my city in the Nether, Toxicity!
Tabi no tochū.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 16 Nov 2011, 09:38

I think you might be right about the bridge. If nothing else, getting that much sandstone is a bugger.

And uh... serious terraforming around the hall. I built the square and the other three sides will be plots, so I need to raise the land :s.

EDIT: actually, I've changed the plan a little. The plaza (that's what it's being called until I give it a proper name) won't have any terraforming on the east side. I've raised the north side for a plot and on the west side I'm going to raise the land so there's room for two plots, with cliffs down to the beaches. Under the plaza is going to be resident utilities, including furnaces and cauldrons, accessible from the east side. Should end up looking rather nice in the end.

65 lovingly crafted and unlocked furnaces.

My brain died making it.
WWTDD