Cyberpunk genre city

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
F81TZ

Cyberpunk genre city

Post by F81TZ » 26 Aug 2011, 08:37

Looking for anyone that loves the Cyberpunk genre and plans on being an active player for a longterm project.

The location at the moment is on the border of Terra, so... very far away. I do however have rails running around 1500 blocks closer to the spawn to the site. The basic idea at the moment is a 100x100 or 200x200 square in the middle of the ocean that will run straight down to bedrock. The city will then be built in multiple layers from the bottom to the top with multiple railways and levels for living areas (e.g. slums being bottom level or bedrock).

The building process would run like this:
  • Step 1. Strip mining to extract all minerals (only on the levels with diamonds) underneath the future build site.
  • Step 2 TnT blast down to bedrock after walling off the ocean so as not to enter.
  • Step 3 begin layout from bottom to top and come to an agreement amongst the founders. e.g. roads, buildings, lighting and the material selection they will be made from.
  • Step 4 would be finishing up the surrounding areas outside of the build site which would for the most part, creating ocean where there previously was none.
All in all this project will take no less than 3 weeks to complete. Anyone who contributes to this project by just working on it will of course become one of its founders. That doesn't mean work on it for an hour then afk till it's done either. Since the location is so far out in Terra I doubt it will have a thriving community, but I know after it's done it will look awesome. Msg me in game if you want to work on it, F81TZ is my ingame name, or just post on here if you have any questions.

F81TZ

Re: Cyberpunk genre city

Post by F81TZ » 27 Aug 2011, 08:22

Wait, did i say 3 weeks? i meant 3 months =(. This project will be much bigger than i thought. It took me 40 TnT just to get one tiny corner blasted down to bedrock lvl. But the advantage to being in the middle of nowhere is that no one has to see my eyesore of a pit while i continue to work on it over the next few months. Another advantage to the project being larger than expected is that the 100x100 pit will be more than enough for the city i plan to build inside of it. in the meantime its free cobble to whoever wants it.

F81TZ

Post by F81TZ » 29 Aug 2011, 15:04

Just an update, the site for the city moved from the outskirts of terra to close to the fyra spawn, kinda. Blasting started a few days ago and is moving along nicely with help from some friends from HT. There is still a TON of digging / minning to do. So if anyone wants a spot to do some mining feel free to msg F81TZ.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 08 Sep 2011, 13:44

How's the project coming, and what are the coordinates please?
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 08 Sep 2011, 13:54

The best way to tnt mine is to dig the area flat, then dig 2 blocks down, place a tnt 2 block space and dig 2 block down and place tnt and so on and on and on, then take your flint and steel and set it all up and RUN :D
I just cleared out a area of 40x60 with that way, I used about a chest or a dobbelchest of tnt.

I used only a few days on that ;)

I have my tnt mining experience from months of IC mining ;)
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

F81TZ

Post by F81TZ » 15 Sep 2011, 09:12

Sry havent checked this in awhile. Heres the update on the pit, I have nearly completed the first building that will be on the surface. This will be a building for donators to live free of charge, atm its temp housing for some people that are helping. I changed my plan for "slum housing" to be at bedrock lvl, as to many slimes appear down there to safely live =(. Bedrock lvl ( or lvl 1 ) is now the farming lvl. As of now it will be totally enclosed greenhouses connected by catwalks so as to safely farm. All digging/blasting for lvl 1 is 95% complete roughly, and it already includes 5 farms and an animal spawn pad.
I never gave out the coord's because it wasnt cubed at the time, but it is now =). Anyone is welcome to tour the site at -2525/3275 -2425/3175 in west Fyra. For added convience there is a rail that runs directly to the site from the new area of HT, or for easier directions, take the west rail from the fyra spawn, get off at the HT sign above the tracks ( you cant miss it if your looking up ), take a right or go north into the new section of HT ( theres some houses, and its mostly a sandstoney area ), go to the railstation there and look for the rails that say "The Pit". Take that and enjoy the ride =).
Anyone who has seen or goes and walks around my project, id love to hear some feedback about how its progessing or any ideas. ALSO! if anyone is good with asian style buildings, I NEED YOU =), one thing i insist on being included in the city is a china town district, let me know who you are if interested, and plz be able to show some of the work youve done as examples.

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 19 Sep 2011, 17:15

Sorry, I just had to comment on your awesome avatar. Rude Dog was the shiiii-