Starting up a floating town

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Dtman25

Starting up a floating town

Post by Dtman25 » 21 Aug 2011, 19:51

Well my arena post isn't getting many replies so since it relates to this, I would like to propose building a dock town. A town that will float on water and have coastal style buildings. The point of this is because I am building a mob vs player arena and I don't think it would be used if people had to travel to it. So maybe I thought that there could be a town next to it for people who would constantly like to make use of it. My arena is situated in the ocean near Fyra spawn. Anyone interested?

MrJKapowey

Re: Starting up a floating town

Post by MrJKapowey » 28 Aug 2011, 15:34

What's this arena like?
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 28 Aug 2011, 15:54

Dtman25 wrote:Well my arena post isn't getting many replies so since it relates to this, I would like to propose building a dock town. A town that will float on water and have coastal style buildings. The point of this is because I am building a mob vs player arena and I don't think it would be used if people had to travel to it. So maybe I thought that there could be a town next to it for people who would constantly like to make use of it. My arena is situated in the ocean near Fyra spawn. Anyone interested?

Hmm.... There are many players, including me, who like the ocean being an ocean. And we have a LOT of towns near your mob tower. Is this close to that?
--Tulonsae

Dtman25

Post by Dtman25 » 28 Aug 2011, 16:50

Depends, if you guys don't want to see things in the ocean like a town, I could make it an underwater town. Like glass domes containing miniature biomes and houses but preserving the ocean view.
But if I do this on water surface I would make it be very dock themed so it wouldn't look like just a floating large platform with houses. It would look nice.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 28 Aug 2011, 17:29

If you make it above the surface, do try and make it "dock themed" and interesting, with a consistent 'on the ocean' vibe. Make it unique, and make sure residents keep the theme.

I really love oceans staying oceans.

Dtman25

Post by Dtman25 » 28 Aug 2011, 19:33

"I would make it be very dock themed"
Yes, I would impose strict rules on building styles.