Ajax - Fyra

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
The_Fuzz22

Ajax - Fyra

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 21 Apr 2011, 18:13

I've begun some very basic (and lonely) work on a town one Minecart ride south of the station at Fyra, left on arrival.
I understand The Shire has since been built nearby since my claim and roads to both areas are laid out and well sign-posted.
Feel like being part of a small-ish, simple (with room for expansion if needed) settlement in Fyra? I could definitely do with a hand. There are trees to cut down because I was stupid enough to set my eye on a rainforest biome (they're about half gone), a wall to finish building (foundations laid), land to level, further roads to lay etc etc.

I've already got daviejjd on board, my girlfriend'll be getting Mineraft soon (username Twist3d) and she'll be helping too. The idea is to be an easy-going Roman fort style place. Cobble is fine, lots of wood-plank usage would be good and obviously no dirt houses. Not to be a snob but I don't like one-material boxes for buildings so anyone here would have to use their imagination just a little bit to keep the place interesting.
Shops/taverns/churches/libraries/town hall at the front, houses at the back.
Think that's about it. Nothing grand, but quality over quantity.

For those of you who want to know, the town's name is based on Ajaccio, a place in Corsica where my grandfather was born and grew up.

EDIT: The settlement rules can now be read here - http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=5&t=697

EDIT: Walls done (spider-proof), main roads done, well-lit and more or less mob free (minus the occasional creeper). Several residents have already moved in and built some very nice properties about the town. We also now have a main watch tower, tavern, shop, church, public mine, small tree farm and the road out the back of town leads to a large keep courtesy of cjdabomb and daviejjd.
AJAX is officially open and welcoming residents. PLEASE read the rules AND speak to me BEFORE setting up!
Last edited by The_Fuzz22 on 18 May 2011, 23:36, edited 4 times in total.
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Thoughts on How Crap the World is
My Music

aflycon
Retired

Re: Ajax - Fyra

Post by aflycon » 21 Apr 2011, 19:48

I will be there to help when I am able to access the server.

-Afly

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 21 Apr 2011, 21:08

Cheers Afly!

I'm working all this week/weekend anyway, is your inability to access as a result of updating or are you occupied?
Either way I won't be around for a few days.
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Music

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 21 Apr 2011, 21:39

I wouldn't mind helping.

How far south is Ajax, Fuzz? I have a project down there. If it's quite nearby, I'd be glad to integrate it into your new town. Otherwise, I will gladly be of assistance.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 21 Apr 2011, 21:49

The_Fuzz22 wrote:Cheers Afly!

I'm working all this week/weekend anyway, is your inability to access as a result of updating or are you occupied?
Either way I won't be around for a few days.
Well, I can access the server but my chunks don't load and my chat doesn't send. It probably is a result of my updating; I downloaded a 1.4_01 jar (shhh) and singleplayer works fine, but SMP won't. Either way I'll be back on the server next week, and I'll be glad to help.

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 21 Apr 2011, 21:56

derigin wrote:I wouldn't mind helping.

How far south is Ajax, Fuzz? I have a project down there. If it's quite nearby, I'd be glad to integrate it into your new town. Otherwise, I will gladly be of assistance.
You basically take one Minecart ride South before it stops at the first stop, take the left exit and follow the road in a completely straight line.
There's a bridge across some shallow water and the beginnings of a town.

I originally overstepped the intended boundaries, to be honest it's pretty difficult to see even on my map whether the revised boundaries are right or not. It's up for debate, not like the land around there is hugely competed for yet anyway.
The old wall foundation and new wall are currently both still there, need to remember to remove the old one at some point.
Either way it's pretty easy to work out if you walk around it enough!
My Music

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 28 Apr 2011, 20:32

Have now added town rules to the Settlements and their Rules thread.
My Music

daviejjd

Post by daviejjd » 15 May 2011, 02:24

Town is looking good so far, was thinking of building a statue somewhere, if you've got a good location or any ideas for what it should be a statue of.... ideas would be good : :roll:

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 15 May 2011, 11:57

daviejjd wrote:Town is looking good so far, was thinking of building a statue somewhere, if you've got a good location or any ideas for what it should be a statue of.... ideas would be good : :roll:
You know how on the road across the water there's a tower on the left? I think if we put some sand in the water on the right and built a statue that's equidistant from the road as the tower is, it'd look pretty cool. You get me?
My Music

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 23 May 2011, 19:11

We now have a pretty spiffy Keep leading out of the back of town, and if you take a left you'll find the awesome "Castle Ajax" courtesy of daviejjd who worked very hard on it.

Be sure to check it out!
My Music

daviejjd

Post by daviejjd » 23 Jul 2011, 09:43

Have built an underground rail link from the railway to the new town hall which i also built, please keep an eye on the minecart numbers in the chests.

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 19 Aug 2011, 13:12

daviejjd wrote:Have built an underground rail link from the railway to the new town hall which i also built, please keep an eye on the minecart numbers in the chests.
Your system appears to have been messed with at the entrance leading off from the main Southern Fyra track.
Was this you or do you need it followed up?
My Music

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 04 Sep 2011, 08:03

I noticed you added a path that goes right behind my house, am I allowed to add a back door onto it?
WWTDD

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 07 Sep 2011, 16:46

SMWasder wrote:I noticed you added a path that goes right behind my house, am I allowed to add a back door onto it?
Yeah, go for it mate!
My Music

daviejjd

Post by daviejjd » 11 Sep 2011, 03:16

If anyone has any iron then i would greatly appreciate any donations as i need more to finish the underground network

thanks guys!