The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
trovo22

Re: The USSR general discussion thread!

Post by trovo22 » 10 Jun 2012, 09:51

Guys, get me your extra sand, cobblestone, and clay and I'll smelt it all. I have too many items to smelt with...
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!

random980

Post by random980 » 10 Jun 2012, 09:59

@tanis have done all that :P
We REALLY need sandstone and glass right now, if you can spare?
Also, Mixizm is back!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 10 Jun 2012, 10:02

Well if you could get me sand I'll smelt every last bit.
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 10 Jun 2012, 10:22

UPDATE:

The town hall is under contruction.

The wall is destroyed.

And the boardwalk is mostly finished. Next is designing the first row of plots directly next to the boardwalk. It's difficult to explain the process here. If I see any of you on we can work then.

As for the rest of you, what we really need now is sand or sandstone. So if you have some to donate or you find the time to harvest it, please do.

Just don't take it from the landclaim please.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 10 Jun 2012, 10:29

just poke me or Iron when you want to get started over in Wfyra.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 10 Jun 2012, 12:22

Hi people i found out you need lots of sand and i thought about this:i will give you guys sand if you guys give me light planks so 64 sand for 64 light planks.
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 10 Jun 2012, 13:07

Oh hey, so I thought about it, and I'm joining the Ussr again. Hopefully permanently :P
~The Fulk
ImageImage

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 10 Jun 2012, 13:23

random980 wrote: We REALLY need sandstone and glass right now, if you can spare?
Yep, got some extra. I'll drop it off.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 10 Jun 2012, 14:23

:P Tanis. I wonder how you got some of it.. :)
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 10 Jun 2012, 16:26

I have decided to communicate entirely with emoticons.
Dominikvl9965 wrote:Hi people i found out you need lots of sand and i thought about this:i will give you guys sand if you guys give me light planks so 64 sand for 64 light planks.
:|
powerfulkingt wrote:Oh hey, so I thought about it, and I'm joining the Ussr again. Hopefully permanently :P
:o :D :mrgreen:
tanisjihanis wrote:
random980 wrote: We REALLY need sandstone and glass right now, if you can spare?
Yep, got some extra. I'll drop it off.
:)

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 10 Jun 2012, 16:57

Yay mixizm and powerfulk are back :D
you know what that means?
Power is the FIRST mod in the USSR :O
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 10 Jun 2012, 17:55

Hello USSRians.

I would like to propose the idea of Fort Tusk becoming part of the USSR, considering that I have not seen your faction have any holdings in Borjan.

If you'd like to talk about this, please see me ingame ;)
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 10 Jun 2012, 19:05

They are building a brand new town in borjan atm, but yay for more empire expanding funs :D

For sandstone and sand, I have tons. Just ask me in game if u see me.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 10 Jun 2012, 19:50

So when are we going to have the meeting?
and when we do, i think it should be open so that everyone can join in,
and if they blab, they get booted.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 10 Jun 2012, 20:55

Erm, how about tomorrow at 4PM EST approximately?

And erm, at the moment I am sort of banned from USSR chat for some odd reason :\
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 10 Jun 2012, 22:30

Invunarble wrote:Erm, how about tomorrow at 4PM EST approximately?

And erm, at the moment I am sort of banned from USSR chat for some odd reason :\
We are actually building something in Borjan right now. But we'll get back to your offer.

UPDATE: The town is coming along nicely. Several buildings are up and we are currently digging out part of the slope surrounding the coast.

@Random - This post is mostly devoted to you. I received a couple of complaints that you were not open to other people's ideas and that you only valued your own opinion. Specifically with the construction of the town. I know you started the project but you certainly don't entirely run this faction. You making design choices and not telling or consulting with us at all is not acceptable.

We talked yesterday about building two streets at different levels. This is fine and was discussed but then you said that we are not building out to sea at all. So basically, your asking for a two street town. That was never agreed upon.

My point is, you have to be more open to others' ideas. You can't design the whole place yourself. I want to have fun with this project not have it turn into argue and business.

If any of this is wrong please say so.

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 10 Jun 2012, 23:17

Dear lord, SO much confusion! Trovo cant handle it AAAARRRRGGHH. My suggestion is restarting the post soon and start fresh. :/
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 11 Jun 2012, 02:58

trovo22 wrote:Dear lord, SO much confusion! Trovo cant handle it AAAARRRRGGHH. My suggestion is restarting the post soon and start fresh. :/
No

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Jun 2012, 03:14

Volstag9 wrote: @Random - This post is mostly devoted to you. I received a couple of complaints that you were not open to other people's ideas and that you only valued your own opinion. Specifically with the construction of the town. I know you started the project but you certainly don't entirely run this faction. You making design choices and not telling or consulting with us at all is not acceptable.

We talked yesterday about building two streets at different levels. This is fine and was discussed but then you said that we are not building out to sea at all. So basically, your asking for a two street town. That was never agreed upon.

My point is, you have to be more open to others' ideas. You can't design the whole place yourself. I want to have fun with this project not have it turn into argue and business.

If any of this is wrong please say so.
Wut? .-.
The only person i know to have complain was Mixizm, as he wanted free building and no plots like Saphiri originally had, i said no because we already have plans for the layout of the town, then he built a house on the ocean anyway >_>. I then put up a sign saying dont build ON the water, build facing it. Mix then helped dig out room for houses to face the ocean, like we had planned. Im not making selfish decisions or anything, im going with what we have already discussed and planned. I though we agreed not to build out/on/in the sea and would have all houses/buildings behind the boardwalk facing the ocean. (the exception of Mixizm because he already built his without really knowing.) As far as i know i havent even slightly argued with anyone else.

@THE FULK
YAAAAY FULK IS BACK, we need to organise a welcome back party for Fulk and Mix :3

@Invun That would be cool to have fort tusk under the USSR, The other leaders will need to agree, pleae provide some information on fort tusk though (like a link to your thread if you have one)

@Byroe We were going to have the meeting yesterday (1pm for me it was) Vol and I were online and you werent :| We should organise a day soon (Not on my Thursday though i have a GAT and a doctors appointment :? ) As for people sitting in im ok with it as long as they dont interrupt or talk over us and things like that, otherwise yes a booting they will get.

@Dom 1 stack sand for 1 stack light-wood planks? I have light planks so next time i see you on we will make the deal (ill give you that red and yellow dye too)

@Vall i cant speak for all of us, but we are rather busy making the new town and ironing out miscommunication problems, once things calm a bit we should get to work on that LL embassy.
Eekum Bokum

Mixizm

Post by Mixizm » 11 Jun 2012, 03:25

The only person i know to have complain was Mixizm, as he wanted free building and no plots like Saphiri originally had, i said no because we already have plans for the layout of the town, then he built a house on the ocean anyway >_>.

Okay, to start, I assumed you were sticking to the traditional way. (Like when we started saphiri). You had NO guidelines put up ANYWHERE at all until I made the info board. Also, I had already built on the water BEFORE you explained your "No building on the water" rule. You complained that my mine (and future house) was in the way of plots you were going to give out so I moved off the land.

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Jun 2012, 04:21

Mixizm wrote:
The only person i know to have complain was Mixizm, as he wanted free building and no plots like Saphiri originally had, i said no because we already have plans for the layout of the town, then he built a house on the ocean anyway >_>.

Okay, to start, I assumed you were sticking to the traditional way. (Like when we started saphiri). You had NO guidelines put up ANYWHERE at all until I made the info board. Also, I had already built on the water BEFORE you explained your "No building on the water" rule. You complained that my mine (and future house) was in the way of plots you were going to give out so I moved off the land.
Im so confused.
How was i meant to know you would build on the water? I told you not to build a mine on the land as plots where going to be put there. I had no objections to you actually making a house where the mine was, nor did you mention making a house for that matter, you just proceeded to build where you wanted which was in the way of what we had planned. We have already been over this in-game anyway. You didnt know the USSR changed the way it did things since you left and i said fair enough, i get that. We didnt have any guidelines up since everything we had planned was shown here, on this thread and everyone else at least roughly knew what was going on so guidelines in-game wasnt necessary.
Eekum Bokum

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 11 Jun 2012, 04:24

Why can't we all love eachother and let past be past and let us look forward and just love.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Mixizm

Post by Mixizm » 11 Jun 2012, 06:57

Hytro wrote:Why can't we all love eachother and let past be past and let us look forward and just love.
All for it.

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Jun 2012, 07:36

Mixizm wrote:
Hytro wrote:Why can't we all love eachother and let past be past and let us look forward and just love.
All for it.
Me too, we have previously resolved any issues in-game anyway :D
Also, UPDATE

Mix has dug out and filled in a lot of land for us (i helped a fair bit) The bridge mix made made i spruced up a bit (with his permission), it fits in with the land better now to. WE have stairs going up the 2 layers of land now and the hall area of the town centre has floors now and the glass roof is all done, just have to get sandstone to finish the lighthouse now!
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 11 Jun 2012, 07:47

So it seems to me that this is a terrible instance of mishearing things.

Generally I hate the idea of a preplanned anything (they don't always lead to maze like streets plus I do like them) but in this case it looks like we should simply plan everything ahead of time.

So. Starting with this post, we'll start a little blueprint of what [Unknown] will look like.

EVERY parentheses is a question I need answered or at the very least an opinion on. Everyone can participate.

Design Doc. V1

Road outlay

One "boardwalk" surrounding the coast.
One sandstone wall at the cliff. (The question is whether this should be at the cliffs edge or not as in should the plot be at the edge or the road)
Other sandstone roads leading away from the cliff side (We need to decide where and how they should run. My idea is for all of them to run to a specific point, perhaps a circle or square in the approximate middle of the our land where we can post a rule board and a notification/message board. Each one however, will be a specific street that can contain plots).

Plots
(All I want to know are some dimensions. The roads should take some priority).

The Water
I'm fine with building on it but I don't really have any ideas for it right now. We are very close to an underwater town of some sort so we'd have to be careful.

I'll add more later. Please post if you disagree with any of this I will change it. If you do have a problem don't talk to us about it in game 20 hours from now. Thanks.

Mixizm

Post by Mixizm » 11 Jun 2012, 07:57

Im okay with this design choice.

I plan on making the roads out of sandstone slabs now that i have sponges and we can mine sandstone from the oceanfloor. All of this IF its okay with everyone. I planned on sandstone features to fit with the whole theme.

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Jun 2012, 08:17

Vol and I have agreed that no one is to build out/on/in/ the ocean. FOR NOW (These letters big enough vol? :P) The only exception to this is Mixizm's house and the public farm as they are already there.
I also 100% agree with Vol's town plan/idea. Also agree with the roads being sandstone
Eekum Bokum

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jun 2012, 08:27

You guys should really think about having, I dunno, one leader. Your leadership structure leaves you open to all these constant arguments. It's really quite unproductive.

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Jun 2012, 08:31

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:You guys should really think about having, I dunno, one leader. Your leadership structure leaves you open to all these constant arguments. It's really quite unproductive.
On the contrary, have 3 leaders (despite problems we have) strengthens our decisions and can lead to many great things. Having 3 opinions can also balance out biased opinions. It may seem dysfunctional at times but it does work rather well in the end.
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 11 Jun 2012, 08:35

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:You guys should really think about having, I dunno, one leader. Your leadership structure leaves you open to all these constant arguments. It's really quite unproductive.
We tried that didn't work out to well. There is a reason it didn't work out too well but that's a story for another day. It's also a story no one really cares to hear. We are more productive than it might appear as we hopefully just fixed one of our larger problems.

I don't believe the arguing has become an extreme problem just yet. It's stayed confined to our little group and it will probably continue to stay there.