The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
random980

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by random980 » 21 Apr 2012, 03:33

Volstag9 wrote:I'm back from my vacation. Did I miss anything?
Not really, the Olympics are going to be held closer the actual London Olympics, Trainreqx2 is back on the server, byroe had a birthday and my gothic church is pretty much finished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 21 Apr 2012, 18:41

And the church is epic.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

random980

Post by random980 » 22 Apr 2012, 00:46

LS13 wrote:And the church is epic.
:3 thank you
Btw with your labyrinth, i think i found it but i cant be sure it is yours. Also dont forget to make it so multiple people can go through it at once.
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 22 Apr 2012, 12:47

Check with a wooden sword, its inside my cuboid (mostly). And yeah, I think I may need to go back and change a few things to make it so it can be multiple people. Any chance that people on the same team can go through at once, so they are helping each other finish, and then just take the total time it takes them to finish and compare it to other teams? Or do you want me to make it so that people can compete at the same time?

random980

Post by random980 » 23 Apr 2012, 03:51

LS13 wrote:Check with a wooden sword, its inside my cuboid (mostly). And yeah, I think I may need to go back and change a few things to make it so it can be multiple people. Any chance that people on the same team can go through at once, so they are helping each other finish, and then just take the total time it takes them to finish and compare it to other teams? Or do you want me to make it so that people can compete at the same time?
The initial idea was for it to be a race of sorts, to solve the labyrinth and escape before your competition. People from the same team weren't meant to enter together. If its easier at this stage, make it so teams work through it and the best time wins.
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 23 Apr 2012, 15:43

Ok, I'm thinking that'll be easiest. Any specific team size?

random980

Post by random980 » 24 Apr 2012, 00:53

LS13 wrote:Ok, I'm thinking that'll be easiest. Any specific team size?
3 or 4 people would be good. Maybe add a section where they get split up for a bit too ;)
Also id like to see a tour of it if possible, to see how things work ect.
Also post back into the Olympics thread if you have more news about the labyrinth
Eekum Bokum

disarmedfetus

Post by disarmedfetus » 26 Apr 2012, 00:30

random980 wrote:
Volstag9 wrote:Huzah! So...

Just so everyone knows, were trying to restart a little building project we started many months ago. Basically were trying to recreate the SR2 Normandy from the (once?) popular Mass Effect series. It's mainly for fun. We'll see if we can get it done.

Also... it looks like the difficulty is going to be changed for MC. It could mean a spike in popularity for towns and cities. When it comes to active worlds, fyra is definitely the most active. So i guess the point of all this, is we might need to work on defenses for somewhat unfinished metropolis. A will certainly help as the whole city is kind of unsafe. Just saying.
Or we can restore Saphiri like we were going to and pull players back into terra?
OR we can all pitch in and help pay for Solar City to be moved higher and possibly into Borjan! (Money on Borjan becoming the most popular map, over fyra) Or we can leave our old cities and all come together to start a brand new town somewhere that can attract a lot of people.
I have a town in borjan that can attract a lot of people or we could make a new one a little closer to the spawn. saxophone made a landclaim near it and you could possible move solar city to there he mentioned it to me once or twice.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Apr 2012, 09:11

disarmedfetus wrote:
random980 wrote:
Volstag9 wrote:Huzah! So...

Just so everyone knows, were trying to restart a little building project we started many months ago. Basically were trying to recreate the SR2 Normandy from the (once?) popular Mass Effect series. It's mainly for fun. We'll see if we can get it done.

Also... it looks like the difficulty is going to be changed for MC. It could mean a spike in popularity for towns and cities. When it comes to active worlds, fyra is definitely the most active. So i guess the point of all this, is we might need to work on defenses for somewhat unfinished metropolis. A will certainly help as the whole city is kind of unsafe. Just saying.
Or we can restore Saphiri like we were going to and pull players back into terra?
OR we can all pitch in and help pay for Solar City to be moved higher and possibly into Borjan! (Money on Borjan becoming the most popular map, over fyra) Or we can leave our old cities and all come together to start a brand new town somewhere that can attract a lot of people.
I have a town in borjan that can attract a lot of people or we could make a new one a little closer to the spawn. saxophone made a landclaim near it and you could possible move solar city to there he mentioned it to me once or twice.
When the time comes to move Solar City we will definitely look into this further, i think the topic of Sax's land claim has already been talked about. If you need help with your town anyway though just ask :)
Also the subject of making an embassy in Beorn has come up, i suggest we build an official one there (The tesseract design) if the rest of you agree. Ill be happy to build it myself. Oh and my Gothic Church in creative is complete! 8-) Ill ask Draconax if they want it copied over as a gift :D
Eekum Bokum

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 05 May 2012, 16:43

Hey, can the seasons community become part of the USSR? I really need the help

Thanks,

Mattybcd
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

random980

Post by random980 » 06 May 2012, 01:24

Mattybcd wrote:Hey, can the seasons community become part of the USSR? I really need the help

Thanks,

Mattybcd
Well, if you give us more information than just a name, then we will consider it ._.
Eekum Bokum

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 06 May 2012, 06:24

random980 wrote:
Mattybcd wrote:Hey, can the seasons community become part of the USSR? I really need the help

Thanks,

Mattybcd
Well, if you give us more information than just a name, then we will consider it ._.
Oh sorry, I was in a hurry here's the link:

http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =19&t=7028
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

random980

Post by random980 » 07 May 2012, 01:14

I am fine with the Seasons Community coming under USSR rule. The idea of it sounds nice.
You will have to wait for the other leaders to respond though.
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 07 May 2012, 14:14

Mattybcd wrote:
random980 wrote:

Thanks,

Mattybcd

I see nothing wrong with this, but that is quite a big community there, four separate settlements. Anyways, what specifically do you need help with?
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 07 May 2012, 14:29

I see nothing wrong with this, but that is quite a big community there, four separate settlements. Anyways, what specifically do you need help with?
[/quote][/quote]

Well as it sais on the post, summer town isn't to big, that's actually my friends project that hed building, Autmn village is not for building, and WinterFell Is finished, the hint I need help with is Spring city, basically building the main buildings., anyways, thanks guys! :D I always wanted my town to become Part of the USSR :D I just forgot to ask. So now do we wait for byroes oPinion?

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 07 May 2012, 14:30

Oh I accedently messed up the post above this.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 07 May 2012, 19:01

There's an option to edit posts u know, so if u wanted u could fix ur post.

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 07 May 2012, 19:29

LS13 wrote:There's an option to edit posts u know, so if u wanted u could fix ur post.
I ya I use that quite frequently, it was very messed up though

random980

Post by random980 » 08 May 2012, 01:59

Volstag9 wrote:
Mattybcd wrote:Oh sorry, I was in a hurry here's the link:

Well as it says on the post, summer town isn't to big, that's actually my friends project that hed building, Autumn village is not for building, and WinterFell Is finished, the hint I need help with is Spring city, basically building the main buildings, anyways, thanks guys! :D I always wanted my town to become Part of the USSR :D I just forgot to ask. So now do we wait for Byroe's opinion?
Yeah Byroe needs to respond to this (and i think Sax as well), where are they anyway?

So basically you just want to join the USSR so you can get help building your community, specifically Spring City. In return we can claim the Seasons community as under our empire?
Eekum Bokum

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 08 May 2012, 05:47

random980 wrote:
Volstag9 wrote:
Mattybcd wrote:Oh sorry, I was in a hurry here's the link:

Well as it says on the post, summer town isn't to big, that's actually my friends project that hed building, Autumn village is not for building, and WinterFell Is finished, the hint I need help with is Spring city, basically building the main buildings, anyways, thanks guys! :D I always wanted my town to become Part of the USSR :D I just forgot to ask. So now do we wait for Byroe's opinion?
Yeah Byroe needs to respond to this (and i think Sax as well), where are they anyway?

So basically you just want to join the USSR so you can get help building your community, specifically Spring City. In return we can claim the Seasons community as under our empire?
Yes

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 08 May 2012, 17:30

Im commander byroe, and i approve this message.
(Srry, i havent been on much)
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 08 May 2012, 18:41

Byroe wrote:Im commander byroe, and i approve this message.
(Srry, i havent been on much)
Thanks so much byroe!!! So were part of the USSR now?

disarmedfetus

Post by disarmedfetus » 08 May 2012, 23:34

ya you guys can go ahead and build an embassy in my town just ask where. i am having some builders come in and build a downtown area hopefully you guys can build it near there. also saxes landclaim is right near my town and would be more than happy to have solarcity moved there. ask me for help ingame to work on anything in the ussr i would me more than happy to help :D

disarmedfetus

Post by disarmedfetus » 08 May 2012, 23:35

to help pay for solar city moved there*

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 09 May 2012, 22:15

I made a "B" at inhumancity
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

random980

Post by random980 » 14 May 2012, 08:47

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:We don't move cities, not even for a price.
:( Solar City will be left behind in Terra when the retirement hits. I will be finding temporary land in borjan (possibly permanent depending when Interra comes out) This may or may not be a new city (which i already have several ideas for)

Oh and when i do move im going to need you guys to help carry about 14 chestfuls of items to a new location...
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 14 May 2012, 21:59

random980 wrote:Oh and when i do move im going to need you guys to help carry about 14 chestfuls of items to a new location...
Harder than it sounds. I know from experience :/

random980

Post by random980 » 18 May 2012, 04:12

Due to Terra going into retirement and many of the great empires now being (actively) homeless. I propose that we find new, easily accessible land in Borjan. Here is the twist though, we build it with the DSSR! A new super town designed by the best, built by the best and ruled by the best! I can move my Gothic church to this city too once ready! (cause you know it WAS going to be moved into Draconax). So how bout it? Want to make a new city with the DSSR?
Eekum Bokum

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 18 May 2012, 09:03

There is a lot of unclaimed land to the south of borjan. Branchscape would greatly appreciate it if the USSR would consider starting the construction of their new city in the southern portion of the map such that a road and more friendly relations could be established between our two great empires. Might I suggest the area to the east of the end south station where there can be found ideal land for a sea port city?
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

random980

Post by random980 » 18 May 2012, 09:40

tanisjihanis wrote:There is a lot of unclaimed land to the south of borjan. Branchscape would greatly appreciate it if the USSR would consider starting the construction of their new city in the southern portion of the map such that a road and more friendly relations could be established between our two great empires. Might I suggest the area to the east of the end south station where there can be found ideal land for a sea port city?
I already claimed a large (seriously large) landclaim in East Borjan (north if you look on the map) To get to it you just have to take the east rail from Nysta until the next station crossroads and you are there! Its an all desert area though...
Maybe we could move to south borjan? Or branchscape could always come help the U/DSSR build the future city too :D
We will have to wait to see what the others say, Oh and im against using Byroe/Sax's landclaim for a city because well to be fair, its kinda in the corner of the map and its a bit of a bitch to get to...
Eekum Bokum