The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
rbk95

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by rbk95 » 31 Oct 2011, 14:01

Guys ive decided that USSR has caused me to get into fights that id rather not even start and it has caused me a good bit of stress so i will no longer be part of it on this server, ill still do the faction server. Im sorry but i really feel like USSR is holding me back and so ive already started to move out of the city and ill be out by the end of this week. I had a lot of fun but i really cant stay. Goodbye USSR.

arbykay95
PS. Byr i wanted to talk to you about this first but since you havent been on im just going post it here.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 31 Oct 2011, 20:43

rbk95 wrote:Guys ive decided that USSR has caused me to get into fights that id rather not even start and it has caused me a good bit of stress so i will no longer be part of it on this server, ill still do the faction server. Im sorry but i really feel like USSR is holding me back and so ive already started to move out of the city and ill be out by the end of this week. I had a lot of fun but i really cant stay. Goodbye USSR.

arbykay95
PS. Byr i wanted to talk to you about this first but since you havent been on im just going post it here.
i understand, that feeling seems to be very common amongst the leadership, and i dont blame you for not wanting to deal with it.
Last edited by Byroe on 31 Oct 2011, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 31 Oct 2011, 20:45

rbk95 wrote:Guys ive decided that USSR has caused me to get into fights that id rather not even start and it has caused me a good bit of stress so i will no longer be part of it on this server, ill still do the faction server. Im sorry but i really feel like USSR is holding me back and so ive already started to move out of the city and ill be out by the end of this week. I had a lot of fun but i really cant stay. Goodbye USSR.

arbykay95
I think this is a case of taking the game too seriously. When Minecraft becomes too serious it changes from a quirky game about placing blocks to like managing the U.N. You have to remember that it's just a game. When i first started Saphiri, i became the leader by accident. The idea of it slowly ate away at me with everyone complaining and getting into fights. I became so disheartened by the game at this point that i tried shutting down the USSR.

I like to think that i got a bit better and now i take the game a whole lot less seriously. Sure i get less things done and I generally assumed to be lazy, but at least i have fun.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 31 Oct 2011, 21:17

Volstag9 wrote:

arbykay95
I think this is a case of taking the game too seriously. When Minecraft becomes too serious it changes from a quirky game about placing blocks to like managing the U.N. You have to remember that it's just a game. When i first started Saphiri, i became the leader by accident. The idea of it slowly ate away at me with everyone complaining and getting into fights. I became so disheartened by the game at this point that i tried shutting down the USSR.

I like to think that i got a bit better and now i take the game a whole lot less seriously. Sure i get less things done and I generally assumed to be lazy, but at least i have fun.
A lot of good points Vol.
You need to take this game with a pinch of salt... Just because someone leaves the town is no reason to act like they killed your whole family.
I have mentioned from time to time that back in ver2 everyone acted as part of a whole community... not just to a town but the whole server as one single community. It would be nice to have this feeling again... and the first step is to stop acting so serious all the time when someone leaves the town... treat them like they are still part of the community... oh wait... they still are.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 31 Oct 2011, 23:11

Then again, in Ver 1 and 2 there was one central settlement everyone was aligned to in some shape or form.

And I agree that getting all serious about settlement and group fights is frankly ridiculous.

random980

Post by random980 » 01 Nov 2011, 01:18

Byroe wrote:

arbykay95
i understand, that feeling seems to be very common amongst the leadership, and i dont blame you for not wanting to deal with it.
1st off, (if im allowed to ask) what fights have been stressing you out? As far as i know we (the ussr) havent had any major problems and if we are having problems why do i not know about any of this? I am one of the leaders after all and telling me important stuff may be a good idea. If ANYONE is having problems (even those outside of ussr) come talk to me, im always good at defusing situations like this. (example, i persuaded Vol to keep the USSR going, and told him to look at this from a much more satire point of view :D)
byroe wrote: i understand, that feeling seems to be very common amongst the leadership, and i dont blame you for not wanting to deal with it.
2nd. I feel really out of place now. I wasnt aware that anyone else (except maybe Volstag) was feeling stressed and bored and had 'common' negative feelings toward leading the USSR. I have never had doubts about my position and have always found it fun, why though? Because ive never taken this position seriously, i dont see any point in it. From naming towns Las Doshgas to building a giant battleship over Saphiri and to leaving a bag of flaming wolf poop on volstags doorstep then running away. I dont see how any of this could have been taken all that seriously, we even called ourselvs the freaking USSR!
We are a satire group doing silly things with friends, thats how ive always seen it, thats how i thought everyone else saw it and ill be damned if some idiot(s) causing a fight, and making our army general and one of our leaders leave, goes and ruins it!
Rbk95, before you leave us for good, PLEASE talk to me about it all first, and PLEASE reconsider leaving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 01 Nov 2011, 03:27

i understand your decision rbk. im sorry that it came to this but you will always be a friend to all of us.
i also agree that this becomes to serious, which is why i propose a 1 week halt to all USSR activity. we get to caught up in this all so i think we should all take a break and enjoy minecraft the way it was meant to be enjoyed..WITH SILLIENESS! i say we start next monday and commence ussr activity again the monday after that.
i hope you leaders will agree (if not this post is invalid so dont even bother with it)

random980

Post by random980 » 01 Nov 2011, 07:49

ziggylord wrote:i understand your decision rbk. im sorry that it came to this but you will always be a friend to all of us.
i also agree that this becomes to serious, which is why i propose a 1 week halt to all USSR activity. we get to caught up in this all so i think we should all take a break and enjoy minecraft the way it was meant to be enjoyed..WITH SILLIENESS! i say we start next monday and commence ussr activity again the monday after that.
i hope you leaders will agree (if not this post is invalid so dont even bother with it)
personally i dont like this idea. We have no need to halt the USSR. Because what we do in the USSR is meant to be full of silliness. As i said before ive always understood the USSR to be a group of friends within the community who play minecraft together. I never saw anything serious about it. What ziggylord is suggesting we do in the brake is what should be happening in the ussr anyway.
Eekum Bokum

iwreckyouz

Post by iwreckyouz » 01 Nov 2011, 10:00

Can i be a part of USSR?

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 01 Nov 2011, 13:43

random980 wrote:Because what we do in the USSR is meant to be full of silliness.
The only time I ever noticed satire was when it was named the USSR. Ever since then, fighting. And this is why I only let a small group of people join CUT.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 01 Nov 2011, 17:18

i agree with mountbatten. although it is meant to be silly and fun it is getting moar and moar serious by the minute. but random is right. my statement before was but a suggestion. we do not need to do that...we just need to take everything alot less seriously.

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 01 Nov 2011, 22:24

i know how to fix all of this LETS THROW A CHRISMAS PARTY AT CHISMAS tho that will have to wait till chismas ( i dont know if i spelled chrismas right or not)
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 02 Nov 2011, 00:17

jonnybo72 wrote:i know how to fix all of this LETS THROW A CHRISMAS PARTY AT CHISMAS tho that will have to wait till chismas ( i dont know if i spelled chrismas right or not)
Can we make that a Christmakkah party? :lol: (mix of Christmas and Hanukkah (Jewish holiday also involving presents)
Also i have an idea, SCRAP our 'induction tests' we need to reformat the way we bring in new people. Screw tests and making sure people are 'loyal' it makes it all seem to serious. I reckon the 5 leaders should just have a majority vote when it comes to people wanting to join, also ALL LEADERS must cast a vote, non of this 'oh he already had 3 votes so we let him join already' bullshit. I dont even know who the last 4 people to join the USSR were. A majority vote lets it be more controlled and doesnt come off as so serious. Also if a member of the USSR has a problem with a new player wanting to join, their say is taken into account aswell. More regulated, better control of who joins, less serious.
I vote a yes for 'iwreckyouz' because ive talked to him a few times on the server and he's a decant and funny guy.
(also votes should probably come with a reason, doesnt have to be detailed)
Also after iwreckyouz application we should halt anyone joining for a while. If the majority of fights are due to people inside the USSR fighting each other we need to work on that first.
Also what is making us seem so serious anyway? whatever it is we need to get rid off it.
LONG LIVE THE USSR DOWN WITH CUT and as i said before, if anyone has a problem DONT keep it to yourself. We can and will help!
and to finish on a less serious note, Face + keyboard = yu vgff trgbvh
Eekum Bokum

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Nov 2011, 02:12

Iwreckz wanted to join the E-team .....

random980

Post by random980 » 02 Nov 2011, 04:03

Iron_Fang wrote:Iwreckz wanted to join the E-team .....
i do not see any relevance to anything in that post...
How does iwreckz wanting to join E-team effect anything?
Eekum Bokum

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 02 Nov 2011, 19:34

random980 wrote:
Iron_Fang wrote:Iwreckz wanted to join the E-team .....
i do not see any relevance to anything in that post...
How does iwreckz wanting to join E-team effect anything?
iwreck just posted his want to join and iron_fang is slightly confused by him applying to both team. if im correct...but im ussualy not :P

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 02 Nov 2011, 20:45

also rbk will you be fully demolishing your shop? if so i think we are going to need more buildings. as both rbks shop and jonnys hotel are going.

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 02 Nov 2011, 23:32

anyways i never take ANYTHING seriously so when someone came crying TO ME for help one time it didnt go to well...
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 03 Nov 2011, 09:41

Hey guys, i think our next project should be the Luxor in Las Vegas.
It could be made out of obby, with toggle able soulsand at the top.
what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

random980

Post by random980 » 03 Nov 2011, 10:14

Byroe wrote:Hey guys, i think our next project should be the Luxor in Las Vegas.
It could be made out of obby, with toggle able soulsand at the top.
what do you think?
Wait wait wait wait... wait.
BEFORE we start any new projects can we PLEASE finish off our current 'to-do' list. Otherwise everything will just become unorganized and fall into half assed projects again. (im still working on the TTT! I swear!!!)
More importantly can our main focus be on the issue of our in-fighting and whining? We need to improve ourselves before we start building things again.

Now will all of you (even leaders) please answer this question.
Does ANYONE still have problems with other people in the USSR, being in the USSR yourself or other minecraft related stress/negativity issues? If so it is VERY important that you come forward with any issues you have with your peers. (publicly or via PM, your choice) It will help us all to function as a group of wacky minecraft players building weird shit. DONT keep this to yourself, otherwise whatever is wrong will just fester up and explode at some point. We dont want anyone to leave, especially if it is over something so trivial.

So last time before we all just assume everything and everyone is ok and happy, so as the only serious matter within the USSR.
Does anyone still have any issues involving the USSR, in any way, that need to be discussed?
(Even a simple reply of 'I'm good' is important)
I dont want to see anyone quoting me or suggesting 'new ideas' and pretending these matters dont exist (im not saying that anyone is yet) when they obviously do, until this has all been resolved.
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 03 Nov 2011, 11:57

@ Everyone - We really need to calm the hell down. Mount's right, its mostly fighting now. We need to take this less seriously.

@Jonny - i'm fine with a party, that sounds fun actually. Since it's minecraft we should build a giant Christmas tree. Or ChristmahaunaKwanzika tree, i guess.

@ Byroe - i'll fire up the obsidian generators.

@Random - I agree with the cutting of the entry tests. I believe i should also mention that while we do have a problem with fighting and i admire how your against it, take a look at your own post. Just don't fall down the same path as others had in taking this game too seriously.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 03 Nov 2011, 12:07

ye the luxor would be great, i was in Vegas a few weeks ago, it was massive

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 03 Nov 2011, 17:05

Hey guys, I thought I would offer some advice if that's okay. I've been reading through this thread and I'd say I have to side with Lord and Milo; everyone is taking this way too seriously. Volstag, you've got the right idea. Everyone does need to calm down, but think about it: How many times has this happened before? I think you guys need to come together and actually fix the problems you're bringing up (like the induction tests, or projects not getting finished, or people leaving, or all these petty fights) before you calm down, because if you don't, they'll just come back again.

On another note, I went to Las Vegas a few years ago and toured the Luxor. It's very cool, but very very eerie and creepy at the same time, almost like it's haunted. Have any of you been inside? It's a weird place, but a good project for you guys to take on. I'd be happy to supply some obsidian on behalf of Corinth (by the way, I still have that old gift I was going to donate to the treasury - I'll stick it in the Corinth Embassy in Saphiri).

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 03 Nov 2011, 17:18

@ Thank you afly, for the obsidian, and the advice i'll pick up that stuff later.

In the meantime...

I say that we Vote to take away the entry exam. Since i'm not sure about RBK's status and we can't do much about that i say we vote on this now. Random i see votes Yes. I Vote Yes. So were waiting on Byroe and Sax.

Also i will add the Luxor to the To-Do list. We also do not have an active project right now. So i say that we all work on Random's Tower project.

In the meantime i need to PM rbk about something.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 03 Nov 2011, 17:45

Another thing is projects... Do them however the frig you want =D
Is it taking a bit? Do people outside the USSR think you guys lazy? Tell them to sod off.
Have fun doing what you do and do what you make at your own pace... don't let others tell you what to do and when.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 03 Nov 2011, 17:54

you USSR guys are Lazy.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 03 Nov 2011, 18:06

Vallorn! You have 1 more post to 5000!

OT: It does take lots of time to organize people to make a large project. Just look at Imperial City. They've been at it so long, a sequels coming out soon
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 03 Nov 2011, 18:10

Wildwill002 wrote:Vallorn! You have 1 more post to 5000!

OT: It does take lots of time to organize people to make a large project. Just look at Imperial City. They've been at it so long, a sequels coming out soon
Imperial City: The Griefers Strike Back?

And that Pure Obsidian thing sounds awesome.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 03 Nov 2011, 21:37

I vote an end to the tests, it never worked anyway.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 03 Nov 2011, 21:38

Did anyone new ever get admitted under those tests?