The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
random980

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by random980 » 09 Mar 2012, 06:21

LS13 wrote:Are the Olympics still gonna happen? If so I'll put more time into my labby. A lot of the outside is done, and I've begun work on the actual puzzles and traps.
Its still gonna happen, i just need a large amount of free time to set it all up/manage it. Doing this while also completing year 12 and a TAFE course isnt a great idea. Most likely i'll start organizing it 2 weeks before my next school holidays and the event should be held during the second week of said holidays. In other words the Olympics wont get a real move on until the 23rd or something. Sorry for the spontaneous waiting period :P

If youre thinking "Well if Random isnt organizing the Olympics now then what the bugger IS he doing when he logs on?" The answer is either; Finishing off my Gothic church in creative and possibly selling it to Draconax and as always expanding and adding to Solar City, if the height upgrade hits i may be doing more work on the Twisted Towers aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 09 Mar 2012, 15:27

Speaking of ur church, my landclaim is really close to it if u ever want to swing by and xheck out what i have been doing.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 09 Mar 2012, 23:56

anyone wanna do an ultimate build with me?

guess not
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 22 Mar 2012, 09:18

Today i visited Dwarf City for the first time in ages.
The pathway and train line from spawn is gone.
ALL of our valuables have been stolen and griefed to hell. (mystic input has some of his lapis-block floor left and warlock his obby and glowy room, seems i was hit the worst.)
2 names were found and banned (thanks to sach), most showed no-logs however.
Thought you should all know... :(
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 24 Mar 2012, 00:28

random980 wrote:Today i visited Dwarf City for the first time in ages.
The pathway and train line from spawn is gone.
ALL of our valuables have been stolen and griefed to hell. (mystic input has some of his lapis-block floor left and warlock his obby and glowy room, seems i was hit the worst.)
2 names were found and banned (thanks to sach), most showed no-logs however.
Thought you should all know... :(
Its a sad time when going on vacation means everything you know and love gets destroyed...
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

saxaphonepwns

Post by saxaphonepwns » 28 Mar 2012, 01:11

TO all who havnt heard from me for a while i am still playing minecraft and may be coming back to Escapecraft soon. We will see but just wanted to tell u all i was not just leaving u.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 28 Mar 2012, 15:32

saxaphonepwns wrote:TO all who havnt heard from me for a while i am still playing minecraft and may be coming back to Escapecraft soon. We will see but just wanted to tell u all i was not just leaving u.
yay our musical instrument has returned.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 29 Mar 2012, 19:45

Huzah! So...

Just so everyone knows, were trying to restart a little building project we started many months ago. Basically were trying to recreate the SR2 Normandy from the (once?) popular Mass Effect series. It's mainly for fun. We'll see if we can get it done.

Also... it looks like the difficulty is going to be changed for MC. It could mean a spike in popularity for towns and cities. When it comes to active worlds, fyra is definitely the most active. So i guess the point of all this, is we might need to work on defenses for somewhat unfinished metropolis. A will certainly help as the whole city is kind of unsafe. Just saying.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 30 Mar 2012, 00:30

Volstag9 wrote:Huzah! So...

Just so everyone knows, were trying to restart a little building project we started many months ago. Basically were trying to recreate the SR2 Normandy from the (once?) popular Mass Effect series. It's mainly for fun. We'll see if we can get it done.

Also... it looks like the difficulty is going to be changed for MC. It could mean a spike in popularity for towns and cities. When it comes to active worlds, fyra is definitely the most active. So i guess the point of all this, is we might need to work on defenses for somewhat unfinished metropolis. A will certainly help as the whole city is kind of unsafe. Just saying.
need moar golems

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Mar 2012, 01:36

Or we can restore Saphiri like we were going to and pull players back into terra?
OR we can all pitch in and help pay for Solar City to be moved higher and possibly into Borjan! (Money on Borjan becoming the most popular map, over fyra) Or we can leave our old cities and all come together to start a brand new town somewhere that can attract a lot of people.
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 30 Mar 2012, 15:34

random980 wrote:

Or we can restore Saphiri like we were going to and pull players back into terra?
OR we can all pitch in and help pay for Solar City to be moved higher and possibly into Borjan! (Money on Borjan becoming the most popular map, over fyra) Or we can leave our old cities and all come together to start a brand new town somewhere that can attract a lot of people.
It would take some sort of insane miracle to get people back to Terra. People seem to only go there for nostalgia and because there's still a few projects going on over there like Solar city (also according to a friend of mine terra horribly lags people.) I like the idea of building something in Borjan. I'm pretty sure we have exactly nothing over there right now.

If you want to try to move solar you can, if it's actually possible and a mod is willing. Making something new though would be nice. Of course we're once again uprooting ourselves.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Mar 2012, 15:53

An insane miracle like Fya and Borjan spontaneously suffering a rain of fire and lava from the sky?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 30 Mar 2012, 15:58

vallorn wrote:An insane miracle like Fya and Borjan spontaneously suffering a rain of fire and lava from the sky?
yes. good idea.

Anyway i went randomly exploring through Borjan and found some some pretty good places to build stuff. Northeast and East Borjan are especially nice. By nice, i mean filled with canyons, rivers, insane drops, and other awesome things. It's also deserted save for one guy who built a very cool watchtower.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Mar 2012, 22:47

RAVINE BASED CITY
Few buildings on the cliffs, (like farming stuff and a railway station and what ever is easier to fit above ground)
Then everything else is built/carved into each side of the ravine with bridges connecting main 'roads'. Maybe have the end of the ravine open up into a big lake (if we can find that naturally).
Or ill see if anyone is willing to move Solar City in borjan. Terra doesnt seem to lag me though.
ALSO we should hold the olympics before we all start migrating. Ill hopefully get around to making the actual thread this weekend :D
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 30 Mar 2012, 23:25

im just gonna put it out there that sax and i claimed a Huge flat area in borjan awhile ago, just saying...

random980

Post by random980 » 31 Mar 2012, 03:22

Byroe wrote:im just gonna put it out there that sax and i claimed a Huge flat area in borjan awhile ago, just saying...
Y U no tell us sooner?
Post co-ords!
Also i found at that moving Solar City about 30 blocks higher and moving it to borjan costs the same amount, $10 (yes real dosh). So we have a few options.
We can: 1. Start new in Borjan with Byroe's/Sax's landclaim.
1b. Find a ravine and do my idea.
2. All Help pitch in for Solar City to be moved (this will be further discussed if chosen)
3. Stay in Terra and fix up Saphiri.
3b help move Solar City higher (maybe even move it over saphiri? way up high!)
So what do you all think?
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 31 Mar 2012, 09:21

But a flat area is so booooorrring.

But yes, post the coordinates i do at least want to see it.

@Random as for Solar City, that is going to be a definite maybe. We'd have to find a place to put it first. I'd be completely fine building in that canyon i found. There might be a ravine somewhere in there. If you don't want to build a town there i'll just build a house there. Why not? :D

As for Saphiri, as much as i love the old town there's not a whole lot we can do with it. We can fix it up for sure, but Terra is still unpopular and there's not much room left to build. That whole area is very overcrowded.

I'd go with your option 1 for now, with option two as a possibility.

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 02 Apr 2012, 05:27

random980 wrote:RAVINE BASED CITY
Few buildings on the cliffs, (like farming stuff and a railway station and what ever is easier to fit above ground)
Then everything else is built/carved into each side of the ravine with bridges connecting main 'roads'. Maybe have the end of the ravine open up into a big lake (if we can find that naturally).
Or ill see if anyone is willing to move Solar City in borjan. Terra doesnt seem to lag me though.
ALSO we should hold the olympics before we all start migrating. Ill hopefully get around to making the actual thread this weekend :D
Have you read the Dragonriders of Pern series? similar idea in them, huge settlements built into cliffs, so easily defensible etc. I like this idea.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

random980

Post by random980 » 02 Apr 2012, 08:55

RobipodSupreme wrote:
random980 wrote:RAVINE BASED CITY
Have you read the Dragonriders of Pern series? similar idea in them, huge settlements built into cliffs, so easily defensible etc. I like this idea.
never heard of that series :S, but yes i would imagine it to be easily defensible :P
Also due to a surprise cold that makes me want to glue plugs up my nose, im going to have to put off the olympics for a few more days :( sorry guys
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 04 Apr 2012, 03:28

OLYMPICS TREAD IS UP N RUNNING!!!
SHOOP DA WOOP!
check it here! http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 942#p97942
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 04 Apr 2012, 16:13

HOLY MONGOOSE ON A POGOSTICK!

I'll put a link to the event's page in the main post.

Also! we should start making an official team!

Also! We need those coords for Byroe's landclaim in Borjan. It might make a good arena spot if we for whatever reason, can't build one in terra.

Also! If this happens during the next two weeks there is a chance i might not be able to participate. I'll be out of the country but more on that later.

Also! Wait... that's it.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Apr 2012, 01:17

Volstag9 wrote:HOLY MONGOOSE ON A POGOSTICK!

I'll put a link to the event's page in the main post.

Also! we should start making an official team!

Also! We need those coords for Byroe's landclaim in Borjan. It might make a good arena spot if we for whatever reason, can't build one in terra.

Also! If this happens during the next two weeks there is a chance i might not be able to participate. I'll be out of the country but more on that later.

Also! Wait... that's it.
ALSO its being held in Terra derpy, read the main post :P
and where are you going!!??!?!? Dont leave us :0 (lol jks f*** off, lol jks again)
And if we do somehow manage to get everything ready before you leave then im guessing all the leaders (including sax) will be apart of the USSR team? Also if you want to discuss stuff about the olympics PLEASE do it on the thread :P
Eekum Bokum

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 05 Apr 2012, 12:05

Think of Borjan as a backup. In case of fire.

Also! I still want to build something in Borjan at some point. A town, a monument to my greatness, or a gigantic replica of a blueberry pie.

Also! ... wait "also" is getting old.

*pulls out thesaurus*

uh... AH HA!

Moreover! I'll be leaving for England for about a week with my Senior class from school. I promise to not cause a ruckus.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Apr 2012, 12:19

Volstag9 wrote:Think of Borjan as a backup. In case of fire.

Also! I still want to build something in Borjan at some point. A town, a monument to my greatness, or a gigantic replica of a blueberry pie.

Also! ... wait "also" is getting old.

*pulls out thesaurus*

uh... AH HA!

Moreover! I'll be leaving for England for about a week with my Senior class from school. I promise to not cause a ruckus.
The Olympics will still be in 'setup' when you get back :P
Moreover! My house in Saphiri was griefed to shit, again (twice in 2 months apart) and did anyone give a plot to 'minecraftguy007' in portside saphiri? His house seems to be rather small... and new... and not on an actual plot...
In Addition (like that one? :P) m447 (from branchscape) suggested we contact rockbeefchest about using the server event map. I shall get back to you people on this
Eekum Bokum

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 05 Apr 2012, 12:33

Volstag9 wrote:Think of Borjan as a backup. In case of fire.
a backup. In case of fire.
In case of fire.
Fire.
Burning city.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

random980

Post by random980 » 06 Apr 2012, 01:15

Vallorn... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!? (also that is actually a really awesome picture)

Does ANYONE in the USSR want to help their fellow comrades in the upcoming Olympics? So far we only have the leaders participating. Cmon people, sign up and watch others tremble at the might of the USSR!!
http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=5&t=6760
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Apr 2012, 01:47

APPARENTLY ITS BYROES BIRTHDAY!!!1!1!11!!!ONE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYROE :D :D :D
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 08 Apr 2012, 12:43

random980 wrote:APPARENTLY ITS BYROES BIRTHDAY!!!1!1!11!!!ONE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYROE :D :D :D
:D
im 17 now believe it or not :D

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 20 Apr 2012, 18:30

I'm back from my vacation. Did I miss anything?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 20 Apr 2012, 19:19

Volstag9 wrote:I'm back from my vacation. Did I miss anything?
I visited saphiri. there were no survivors.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!