Branchscape

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
tanisjihanis
Retired

Re: Branchscape

Post by tanisjihanis » 30 Jan 2012, 13:34

Okay, thats fine Luke ^_^

LS, I'm not 100% certain... We would probably do it in creative unless we could gather enough materials that they wouldn't be a problem.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 30 Jan 2012, 17:17

y u make me regret taking a break tanis D=
meh >.>
Tluke the mushroom project has been taken over and its undergoing constuction so no need to worry =)
JOIN THE BRANCHSCAPE LOTTERY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DIAMONDS!

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 30 Jan 2012, 17:53

tanisjihanis wrote: *snip*
Okay, so we (the branchscape leaders) have talked about this for a while...
*snip*
lolwut, i heard about this yesterday :P
ImageImage
Bahhhh

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 30 Jan 2012, 18:20

And you guys were like... 'ya thats a pritty good idea :3'

We have talked about it before as well... specifically after the zombie fight club was opened. That discussion might have been just between me and venomm2 though.

Seru, I have no idea how we would implement the zombie fight club.... but I really want to do it. Could you PM me your ideas on that?

Also, my personal favorites: Slime Hunting + Treasure hunt (woopie treasure hunt!)

One more thing seru: Maybe for one of the big contests (like a building one for example) I will have a month of royalty as the prize. This would probably be a one time thing~ as I don't have infinite supplies of money... But just something to consider.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 30 Jan 2012, 19:47

GOD! I would LOVE a treasure hunt. Not for the treausre, but Ive always loved things like that!
Tanis, that sounds like a great idea, but once every week? That would be really hard to do for you.
Spoiler! :

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 30 Jan 2012, 20:38

Ah. This is true... It may end up being bi- weekly or possibly monthly because of that... We'll work something out ;)

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 22:18

Yeah tanis, you aren't exactly on a ton to set stuff up weekly and still play mc. I like anything building wise in creative cause that's where I'm at my best :)
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:24

The Branchscape Empire has been invited to join in the Empires of Terra Olympics! (ETO) The event will be in the near(ish) future as everything is still being set up and planned. Other possible participants include; USSR, DSSR, Solake and Corinth. Event ideas would also be helpful, please post them in the USSR thread :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 15:00

(Hear that guys? We're getting put on par with empires! Who would have guessed that such a small little town would rise to such heights?

Its not totally fair to call us an empire at this point in time tho~ We only have 1 town to our credit.)

Ahem* Back to formality

We would be delighted to join in this event... So long as we have members interested in participating. Who is interested in being a BR athlete? Venomm, I would appreciate it if we had you on spleef-- You're quite the champion of that department.

Point of Interest

So, apparently just endlessly cavern mining can get pretty monotonous and boring. Who would have guessed?

In the interest of keeping the town active and expanding, please direct anyone bored, or in interest of work to this post. Here I will be putting up a list of potential projects that town residents(not just the leaders) can work on. These will be building projects, but resource gathering and mining is always appreciated.

-Observatory
-Windmill
-Farms
-Half plank 'sky' bridges between the trees (These would be built in a design similar to the ones in the center of the cavern. See that for reference... If you make it properly, It should create a slight curve, with the lowest point of the bridge in the middle. The point is to make it look like rope bridges, not just long flat planks from tree to tree)
-Helping me build the wall around BR(I'm still working on a design, so just gathering smoothstone and vines at the moment)
-Guard towers(to be placed at key point on the wall)
-Lighthouse

Here is a map of Branchscape, with color coded locations for these things superimposed over it (Horray Paint!)

The colors are:
Dark green - wall
Light green - guard tower
Blue - windmill
Red - observatory (its on the top of that mountain)
Brown - proposed paths for bridges between trees
Purple - Lighthouse
BR map.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 15:32

ME: we could give a symbolic building name to my palace, maybe make it da vault
YOU GUYS: OMG AMAZING IDEA *everyone has an expression of awe and amazement due to my genius idea* :o

....and tanis, we need to continue work on WW, my awesomely amazing branches are done ;) *so modest*
....and i think we are an empire, vulpis is under construction as is WW and we have a ton of awesome stuff just concentrated in our valley. We are more like Cholocian empire or the Trojans when compared to what i feel are similar historical empires. Plus WW will be our 2nd city

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 31 Jan 2012, 15:49

venomm2 wrote:Cholocian empire
The what?

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 31 Jan 2012, 15:53

The Trojans weren't an empire.
--Tulonsae

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 31 Jan 2012, 16:18

Try the Roman empire or the Chola dynasty. And there is of course the British empire
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 17:10

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
venomm2 wrote:Cholocian empire
The what?
i has bad spelling its ... Colchis the place where the golden fleece was located

and yes i know the trojans were'nt an empire but it kinda fits, branchscape is far out and pretty much self contained and self sufficent for the most part

either way i never win an argument here when you ppl say this stuff so ima shutup :mrgreen:

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 17:16

Wildwill002 wrote:Try the Roman empire or the Chola dynasty. And there is of course the British empire
branchscape is nothing like either of those empires

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 31 Jan 2012, 18:12

venomm2 wrote:vulpis is under construction
I haven't seen any work going on there recently... yabai r u even still working on it?

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 18:50

We need moar towns to be qualified to be an empire. (Not sure how construction on vulpis is going as I haven't been over there in a while, but pretty sure it has slowed. At anyrate, thats supposed to be a military outpost.)

Speaking of which, if you are in borjan and want to become a part of branchscape, (get us a little bit closer to that title of 'empire'... :3 ), feel free to ask about it.

Ima go with venomm here, branchscape in it's current state is much more like a nation state rather than an empire. (You are correct: I needs to get back on WW work. =P)

IF ANYONE EVER SEES JAGORAX ONLINE... pwease show him branchscape... He's the guy that provided me with the land and materials to get started on it. It would be good for him to see it as it is now as opposed to how it was when I started it. (god the lack of beauty in that original structure....)

Also, please direct anyone from BR that hasn't seen the forums topic to this page. I want to get people assigned to those construction duties. Boredom is bad.

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 31 Jan 2012, 19:14

Tanis, if I see him on, I can give him the full tour.

Also, I have a great new thing to add to br. It's a secret though, so tanis I will pm it. It could add to the whole contest idear.
Spoiler! :

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 19:33

ive been acting too leaderly tho im not a leader atm >>.<<

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 31 Jan 2012, 19:34

Lol venom, I at least still haven't got out of the "venom is a leader dont tick him of" feeling

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 20:04

THEN GET OUTTA IT NAAAAOOOWWW >.>

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 21:03

Hmmm, since you aren't a leader anymore venomm, you technically can't give an order like that and expect it to be followed to the dot. :P

A follow up on the 'join us' comment I made earlier: No the town does not have to be tree based, although private trees may be added.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 31 Jan 2012, 21:56

yes i can tanis I CONTROL YOU MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA. YOU DONT KNOW IT BUT I CAN CONTROL YOUR BRAIN :twisted:

but seriously, WW, needs to get done....

hey look uber geek :ugeek:

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 01 Feb 2012, 21:28

Wow, surprisingly (at least to me), there are people actually interested in joining...
I guess Branchscape Empire is a go.

The Birth of The Branchscapean(BR) Empire
TyreseEngineer wrote:A number of things:
...on the Branchscape thread it was mentioned that towns' consent was needed to form a Branchscapian empire. Due to my personal enjoyment of the BS project, I would be willing to submit Arley for consideration- as long as we don't get taxed into the ground or something, I think it would be mutually worthwhile. Thanks :)
LS13 wrote:Ok, ... i've been thinking. Frost is right in the middle of br stuff, maybe i could join? I have 9 residents now (including myself), that could boost the total br number and help it on its way to being an empire.
You have asked, and here is our verdict, as well as the terms and conditions of becoming a town under the Branchscapean Empire.

As of this day, Frost and Arley will join the list of BR towns, and these guidelines will apply to them:
  • The current rulers of towns within the branchscapean empire will retain ownership of their lands, although those rulers will become branchscape lords upon joining the empire, and thus be under the rule of the branchscape leaders. (BR leaders--> lords --> residents)
  • All towns under branchscape rule will fly the branchscape flag (as soon as we come up with one >.>)
  • All towns under branchscape rule will be added to the towns section on the BR website, http://www.serubin.net/br/, along with a small blurb about the town and a link to the forum's page topic for that town.
  • All residents join the BR vouluntary 'taskforce', and the town will have access to this taskforce for community projects.
  • All facilities at the town's disposal will become availiable to any other citizens of BR, and vice versus
  • All towns under branchscape rule will be subject to a monthly inspection; If the BR inspector finds faults(a.k.a. ugliness) in the town, then the lord of that town will be notified, and may deal with the fault(s) as they see fit.
  • Either a tree specific to the town, a tree styled district, or jungle trees in appropriate locations will need to be added to the town to give it that 'tree town' feel.
  • In the event that a town should wish to terminate their affiliation with BR, then that town will no longer be under BR rule, no longer have access to BR facilities and taskforce, or be able to fly the BR flag.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Feb 2012, 21:42

Yay! It's officially official :D gonna go remake the Frost thread again (god that's a pain, so much code its hard for me to find the actual text sometimes >.> )

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 01 Feb 2012, 21:50

LS13 wrote:...(god that's a pain, so much code its hard for me to find the actual text sometimes >.> )
You have no idea sir. No idea. I have edited the branchscape OP a total of... *checks* 91 times. I have over 15 changes in text size, 5 spoilers, over 6 changes in color, a video, 11 screenshots, and mixed in with this around 100 lines of text.

:3

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Feb 2012, 21:54

XD that must be confusing. Well, I'm not going to suggest anything such as a Frost tree/tree district or anything until I'm done with town hall. I need to finish that...

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 01 Feb 2012, 21:58

('Tis quite confusing)

And certainly, when I say that something that identifies the town as being part of the branchscape must be built, I don't mean immediately. I look forward to seeing the frost town hall. It looks very impressive from the models you put up on the frost topic.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Feb 2012, 21:59

Yeah, well it was easier made in creative :( plus the crossroad cuboid gets in the way. I will try to have it finished in the next week or two.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 01 Feb 2012, 22:06

Hey ther :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Byroe on 01 Feb 2012, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."