Branchscape

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
DuplicateValue
Retired

Re: Branchscape

Post by DuplicateValue » 24 Jan 2012, 19:07

wokka1 wrote:
Wildwill002 wrote:Oh and I'm now engaged. Just as a side note :D
Well, congrats to Will and Vallorn! You two will make a cute couple.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 24 Jan 2012, 19:35

DuplicateValue wrote:
wokka1 wrote:
Wildwill002 wrote:Oh and I'm now engaged. Just as a side note :D
Well, congrats to Will and Vallorn! You two will make a cute couple.
2:46 -- Hey look a window's Desktop background!
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 24 Jan 2012, 23:11

gah so much to do :|
JOIN THE BRANCHSCAPE LOTTERY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DIAMONDS!

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 Jan 2012, 11:03

Uhh did i get trolled by the server guru? Is that good or bad...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 25 Jan 2012, 13:22

tanisjihanis wrote:Hum...I don't really want to take on another project right now... If anyone is willing to step up to the plate and become the leader of the mushroom cavern project, I will offer 10 dia out of my personal stores for material costs. (This would mean that someone else would handle buying stuff and planning out the cavern etc...)

There is one requirement on this: Make it pretty big and spacious(feel free to buy tnt to this end). Oh and cool. Cool is good. I was also thinking that it would be good if we could put about 6 houses in the walls of the cavern.
I am voluteering for the project. I just need to know where you want the cavern. Houses in underground walls sounds alot like something I did in Zork. I'll up load pics soon.
I'm the Zork Town planner.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator

Generation 28 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

"Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
-Arthur Weasley

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 25 Jan 2012, 15:30

Fyi, silk touch works on all blocks obtainable using silk touch, regardless of the tool as of 1.0 (unfortunately it doesnt give u ice)
EDIT: I am setting up a mycelium farm in Frost, so i can supply much mycelium
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Jan 2012, 17:34

Great LS13
Tluke-- Go down into the cavern detailed in the post I made on the previous page. Pick one of the 4 sides of the cave and tunnel like 20 blocks in that direction to start the cavern.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 26 Jan 2012, 06:43

Thanks Tanis, thats what I was thinking too. But instead of wood and sandstone, can i do wood and just sand? Its alot easier. And the roof, leaves like the shop?
Spoiler! :

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 28 Jan 2012, 12:09

Yep.

Central cavern is almost done! Finished the bridges and overall sculpting (A big thankyou to serubin for helping with getting the symetry right! I didn't do a very good initial job of it... :/)
We started on replacing the walls with pine y(decided pine instead of oak to get a darker atmosphere)
It was lots of fun working on this with other members of the town. If anyone ever gets bored, we will definitely have some stuff for you to do down in the roots: Just ask!
2012-01-27_20.23.44.png
2012-01-27_20.29.06.png
Work on the mushroom cavern is going fast... (Thanks to everyone that has been helping on it! There are now two layers connected by a stone staircase in the corner, an idea implemented by 'magichippo'. If we mine out both top and bottom, then we can get a high ceiling when we finish.)
2012-01-28_11.21.04.png
However... there is a marked lack of a certain Tluke (at least while I've been on)who said he was interested in taking charge of that project...
Luke, what are you up to? Its fine if you're busy and can't work on it right now, just let me know.

Edit: Also, seru thanks you for making the cavern beneath his tree :P Its quite nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 28 Jan 2012, 17:08

Been doing some digging on the mushroom cavern, but what sort of size do you want it eventually?
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 28 Jan 2012, 17:24

I'm going for mega big... Let's see if we can get it to around 100*75 to start with... Don't worry, a bunch of people are working on it, myself included.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 28 Jan 2012, 17:44

That's going to take a while. Should be alright with lots of diggers though
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 28 Jan 2012, 17:51

Hey tanis, is there a height limit for my tree? Cause since its a pine I've been making it rather tall in ssp while designing it

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 28 Jan 2012, 18:37

Venomm and tanis, the mine should be done mid-end of February, there is a chest in my shack with cobble in It, please take as much as you need, If you haven't seen yet I have been focusing using on one corner, I have changed that system to flattening out the whole mine so I can go lair by lair.
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 28 Jan 2012, 21:14

LS: Only height limit is the sky limit ;P

Matty: Sounds good.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 00:54

OK, awesome

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 05:05

A known smp bug has caused my silk touch to disappear off my pick (not creative related. has to do with logging out with it in my inv). This means I can't be a supplier of mushroom blocks until I get another :(

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 29 Jan 2012, 10:24

Oh well.... :[

We did get a couple to start with, so I think that we can finish the one we started

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 13:43

Ok, im going to be spending quality time in xp towers for a while

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 29 Jan 2012, 15:30

Awesome, thanks :)

And a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL HELPING ON THE CAVERNS!
2012-01-29_14.03.46.png
We are going so much faster than I anticipated! This thing is huge already! The central cavern is also totally finished and looks pretty dang epic. We have breached the normal fog limit on length: its quite impressive.

I think there was a total of 6 players on today helping out with the mining, and we had loads of fun with it!
As always I encourage anyone interested to come join us down in 'THE CAVERNS'. ^_^

If you aren't interested in mining, we will need supplies gathered, as well as landscaping aid for the completion of the mushroom caverns. The supplies needed are: TNT, Lightstone, 1 grass block, mushrooms, mushroom blocks, sand, and LOTS of dirt. There are chests for these on the tunnel into the mushroom cavern.

If you think you have an eye for what looks natural, try your hand at landscaping the space we've created with dirt, and small hills along with ponds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 29 Jan 2012, 19:24

tanis, ive thought about this long and hard and ive come to a conclusion. I really dont need to be an owner nor have control over the branchscape cuboids. I really dont do much and ive pretty much isolated myself from branchscape in general. Im not gonna stop doing things for branchscape, i will still work on the mobtower and WW, but i really dont feel deserving of the whole ownership executive status.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 29 Jan 2012, 20:09

If this is really what you want...
(I'm going to suppose that its because it will relieve you of certain duties and requirements, so you can do whatever you want as opposed to... blergh... Im just going to assume what I just said.)

Because of your extensive donations in time and resources to the town, I will honor your request, and you are welcome to join the ranks of the branchscape lords if you so desire.
Away from the nest.jpg
Now please excuse me while I go feel melancholy and curiously empty inside.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 29 Jan 2012, 20:21

i really didnt do much executive work, im still gonna continue what i normally did, however some1 else will have to take up evicting and the organization of sorts. i suggest u also take me off the temp vault box and off the cuboid owners as well as the website

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 29 Jan 2012, 20:52

OK so guys, My comp just completely died today. Im not sure what happened. It wont turn on, restart, or do anything. Its just dead. We will hopefully be able to fix it soon. I probably wont be on for a few days then. Definatly not today, probably not tommorow, if Im lucky we will be able to fix it tom. afternoon. Im not sure yet. So, thats why I might not be on for a while. :(

Venomm, we all love having you as one of the Owners of BR. DONT QUIT NOW!
Spoiler! :

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 20:55

1. DDD:
2. well... at least you'll be able to spend more time on your palace...
and 3. DDD:

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 29 Jan 2012, 21:21

Okay. I've come to terms with this a little bit more now. (I had a similar rection LS13)
Ttw, this is venomm's decision. If he wants to have a bit more time to work on his own projects, and doesn't really want to keep dealing with the day to day town problems, that is totally understandable.

I'll try and take over those jobs... for now. I'll ask seru to remove you from the cuboid as well as the website so you don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. Will you still be building the vault? I don't especially feel the need to remove you from the temp vault chest if you are. It's not as if this suddenly makes you not trustworthy all of a sudden. Besides: we all know how bad with money I am... heh.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 29 Jan 2012, 21:31

no ill still build your stuff its more an ethical issue ive been thinking about this for like 2 weeks, maybe a bit later ill take over organization and stuff, but im REALLY disorganized myself so maybe when the palace is done ill continue my duties

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 29 Jan 2012, 21:32

Ah that sounds better. We will just call this a break from duties for a bit then.

EDIT: New announcement

Okay, so we (the branchscape leaders) have talked about this for a while...
And we've all agreed that it would be fun and good for our little community if we had a different event put on each week(sort of like the one put on by the escapecraft server at large...except only for branchscape members for now)

Here is what is on the table in terms of event ideas:

-Slime hunting in Imperial City (possibly with a prize for those that bring in the most slime balls)
-A treasure hunt around Branchscape, with riddle clues hidden in certain locations that lead to the next clue and eventually to the treasure chest
-Zombie Fight Club! (details to be sorted out)
-Group cavern mining
-Tree building contest

We would welcome ideas/suggestions on what day and time of the week the event would be held, as well as other ideas for events and ways to conduct events.

These ideas are for the most part mine and I welcome criticism on them. If any of these dont seem like fun, or seem like they would be too complicated to put on, please do comment about it.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 29 Jan 2012, 22:23

Would the tree contest be in survival or creative? Cause if in creative, some pretty epic trees could be made vs survival where materials and space would limit creativity

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 30 Jan 2012, 12:58

Yeah, i won't be able to do any thing minecraft for a while. Too much going on. Some one else can take over the mushroom project.
I'm the Zork Town planner.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator

Generation 28 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

"Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
-Arthur Weasley