Poll - How do you feel about hard mode?

Discuss the grand old digital Lego game.

Go for Hardmode

Poll ended at 30 Nov 2017, 22:18

Yes!
55%
No.
36%
Meh - Don't care
9%

Total votes: 11

wokka1
Server Owner

Poll - How do you feel about hard mode?

Post by wokka1 » 23 Nov 2017, 22:18

Several/many players have asked for more challenge.

We are considering changing the Magna and Vildare worlds to hard mode. (For how that feels, go to the mining world - which is hard mode.)

If we do this, we'd give a week's notice so that players could redesign their homes to handle the fact that zombies could break doors. (Not because it would take that long, but because not everyone plays constantly.)

We do not plan to change Horizons to hard mode, mostly because we have too many inactive players with builds on that world.

Thoughts?

Halloffameboy10

Re: Poll - How do you feel about hard mode?

Post by Halloffameboy10 » 24 Nov 2017, 06:50

Thanks for the poll, I too have voted for the hardmode, but have you looked into the options of removing the door breaking aspect as I can see this being very frustrating for builders?

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 27 Nov 2017, 14:36

Hall, yes, we did find a setting to prevent the zombies breaking doors. And that's something we're considering.
--Tulonsae

Elcquid
Retired

Post by Elcquid » 27 Nov 2017, 17:40

Maybe I just speak for myself, but I kind of feel like the lack of difficulty doesn't really stem from the *game* difficulty. I think the problem is more that all players who remain on the server are basically game experts, geared to the teeth, and only gathering resources for aesthetic purposes, not survival. I'm not stringently opposed to this change, but I just don't know if it would address the underlying problem.
Me: I shot 15 rounds into your mom
Demonnaruto21: die