4-Sapling Trees Sapling Rate

Discuss the grand old digital Lego game.
Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

4-Sapling Trees Sapling Rate

Post by Tulonsae » 20 Aug 2017, 22:50

So, I just started playing again after a long while.

And my Jungle tree farm used to give me slightly more saplings than I need to replant. So I was able to slowly grow it to my 6 tree space.

Since I've come back. I chopped down the 6 trees and only got enough saplings for 5. I just chopped down the 5 and only got enough saplings to replant 2.

I'm seeing similar with my Dark Oak tree farm. I had around 28 (or maybe 30). Now I'm down to 25.

Anyone else seeing this?
--Tulonsae

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: 4-Sapling Trees Sapling Rate

Post by haxxorzd00d » 21 Aug 2017, 02:12

Strange, I've not knowingly changed the sapling drop rate, so this could be a setting changed by another plugin (don't think this is the case), a setting in Spigot itself (maybe?) or just plain bad luck.

Whatever it is, I can write a little script to tweak the drop rate so I'll fix it for ya.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 21 Aug 2017, 21:49

odd. I know that the jungle trees can be hard to sustain(even the giant ones). I had many large trees back in Horizons that decided to only give me 2 saplings. Dark wood on the other hand should give you plenty of saplings. strange that dark wood is giving you issues.
Opportunity knocks but once, Temptation leans on the door bell.

The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 26 Aug 2017, 14:51

haxxorzd00d wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 02:12
Strange, I've not knowingly changed the sapling drop rate, so this could be a setting changed by another plugin (don't think this is the case), a setting in Spigot itself (maybe?) or just plain bad luck.

Whatever it is, I can write a little script to tweak the drop rate so I'll fix it for ya.
Well, my drop rate improved after I posted that. My question is, did you get around to writing the script or did I just have bad luck?

Also, I have redesigned my tree farm - to fix some other changes/issues I've discovered.
--Tulonsae