Where are you now?

Discuss the grand old digital Lego game.
derigin
Retired

Where are you now?

Post by derigin » 27 Jun 2017, 12:21

It's been a while since I've been back here, but I have pretty fond memories of this place and you guys. But, sadly, I haven't really kept in contact all these years. Where are you guys nowadays? What have you been up to? What is going on in your life?

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Where are you now?

Post by haxxorzd00d » 27 Jun 2017, 14:18

Hi Deri, it sure has been a while huh? Hope you're well, do keep us up-to-date on any exciting life things you've got going on!

Myself? I'm keeping extremely busy as a full-time graphic designer, web developer, marketer, copywriter and video editor for three telecom companies and a charity. Flux and I are in the process of buying a house together. I'm also working on a couple of gamedev projects but they're early days.

As for Minecraft? Flux and I still play modpacks every now and then, that's really where the game shines these days. MC is a game with a solid core but tired gameplay; it just needs that injection of new content to keep it fresh, and that's where modpacks provide in spades. I'm still working on my personal project for Escapecraft in stops and starts; I'd love to bring it to fruition this year (teased it a bit too early and had to stick it back in the oven for a few months) but as with most things I start, nobody's holding their breath.

Perhaps we should put a 1.12 server up. I do believe there are people out there in the woodwork missing Escapecraft, and it'd be great to see the community together again, if only for a short time.

Stay cool,
- Haxx <3

(also, what happened to the forums? they're all... moderny!)

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 29 Jun 2017, 15:33

Moving to Nevada and working on opening a new FedEx/UPS/Postal store. Other than that, still a serious addiction to Heroes of the Storm. I'd hop onto a 1.12 server now and then when I have time, haven't played Minecraft in ages.

Join the Discord Deri! https://discord.gg/Q72R2fq
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

arizons

Post by arizons » 18 Jul 2017, 18:26

Hiya STI, derigin and Haxx :-)
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

Stygian_Inquirer

Post by Stygian_Inquirer » 25 Jul 2017, 13:36

Howdy all! I have been busy at school and working but I am looking to be more present now. Glad to see the new server and people coming back.

arizons

Post by arizons » 26 Jul 2017, 17:01

Hey Sty :-)
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 05 Aug 2017, 18:35

Hey y'all. Just wrapping up my last year at College. Been working with a lot of VR stuff, including the minecraft port (although it's a bit of a stomach turner). Mostly just playing some Overwatch when I get a chance these days.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away