Is this server still alive?

Discuss the grand old digital Lego game.
random980

Is this server still alive?

Post by random980 » 28 Jan 2016, 03:28

G'day, Some of you may remember me from years ago, but looking at the names of the current mods, most of you will not. As of typing this i have just tried to get back into playing on this server with a friend, however after looking on the now single server map that has not changed in years, we realised there is no secluded, available and easy to get to room to build. Not only that but after 15-20 minutes not a single other soul was on, no mods and no response from IRC.

So my question is, is this server alive? Is it still active and does anyone actually moderate it? Or is it more of a graveyard, an empty shell, compared to how big the server once was, left running?

I would like to come back to this server though! So i'm also wondering if there any plans to restart/ add another map or kick the community up the butt and get people back onto the server through voting rewards or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

asi1998
Retired

Re: Is this server still alive?

Post by asi1998 » 28 Jan 2016, 21:49

Redownloaded minecraft. I may just have to start coming back haha. Send me a kid message at THEASI1998 when you wanna play and I can log on with you, missed this game.....

Is the TNA world gone? Is it only our horizons server?

Update: I logged back on and I feel like I was the last survivor of something haha. Lets play together sometime man. Want to create a new USSR or something? From what I've noticed, this new map is huge. It has plenty of empty room to build so we can have some fun
-asi1998
~John 3:16

random980

Post by random980 » 29 Jan 2016, 07:35

asi1998 wrote: Is the TNA world gone? Is it only our horizons server?
Think it's only been the Horizon server for quite some time.
asi1998 wrote: Update: I logged back on and I feel like I was the last survivor of something haha.
I know right! It's so devoid of activity, it's a ghost server now.
asi1998 wrote:Lets play together sometime man. Want to create a new USSR or something? From what I've noticed, this new map is huge. It has plenty of empty room to build so we can have some fun
Wouldn't mind that, I'd need to convince Vol, Byroe and Dis for it to really be USSR though :P however my other friends and I are on far greener pastures Aussie servers and compared to those servers, this old map is on the small side.
Eekum Bokum

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 02 Feb 2016, 20:59

We had quite a few people playing for a few months. But then some of us got busy with "life".

I'm hoping to have time to play some time this month. But I'm not sure yet.
--Tulonsae

Stygian_Inquirer

Post by Stygian_Inquirer » 02 Feb 2016, 21:23

Yeah. It was kinda slow in September with school starting but by December the server was bustling. With January being the end of term and February being the start of the new term, I expected there might be some lower attendance during those times. "Life" can be a real kick in the pants sometimes. I know that I have been much more busy lately than I was in 2015. I am going to look into the space issue because while there is space left, it can be hard to get to. Thank you for your suggestions.

Mixizm

Post by Mixizm » 08 Feb 2016, 10:29

I've been keeping my eye on the server for a while. I even took a trip down memory lane and downloaded Escapecraft 2, Escapecraft 3, Borjan, and TNA. It was fun and I'd love to get back into the server again.
If a fancy new map were introduced (preferably not another bland old vanilla generated map.) I would totally be on board. I also have a few friends who would happily join me.

I guess with Escapecraft 2 being the first Minecraft server I ever played on... I'm feeling a little homesick.

Here's to the future of EC.

Aerobotic

Post by Aerobotic » 13 Mar 2016, 11:32

Yeah... life

To the future of EC!
Learn from your mistakes!

motormaniac
Retired

Post by motormaniac » 10 May 2016, 16:21

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 13 May 2016, 19:06

Poop.

Aerobotic

Post by Aerobotic » 21 May 2016, 09:31

Excrement.
Learn from your mistakes!

random980

Post by random980 » 01 Jun 2016, 07:50

The last announcement was from about half a year ago, not even an ETA on the server update. I've even got in contact with people who are meant to be maintaining EC a few months ago, saying i'm more than willing to help out. No action or plans even from the horses mouth.

I'm afraid someone has to call it. Escapecraft is properly dead.
Eekum Bokum

arizons

Post by arizons » 01 Jun 2016, 19:12

Slow yes...dead no, I still lerk about on the weekends and there was a group of us on this weekend
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 02 Jun 2016, 14:02

A number of us are still lurking, but just don't play the game.

And then there's those who do play the game, but don't lurk here.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 04 Jun 2016, 04:52

Damn, I remember some amazing times in this community. I suspect (hope) some of you still remember me from years ago. I kinda just left, which I'm angry with myself about, but coming back now, all these years later brought a lot of fond memories back. It's sad to see Escapecraft die down like this, but I think we can all agree, we had a pretty fantastic run.

I miss you guys, keep in touch!
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

ShadowCreator
Puzzle Master

Post by ShadowCreator » 04 Jun 2016, 17:06

Meep.

random980

Post by random980 » 07 Jun 2016, 00:42

Skunk_Giant wrote:Damn, I remember some amazing times in this community. I suspect (hope) some of you still remember me from years ago. I kinda just left, which I'm angry with myself about, but coming back now, all these years later brought a lot of fond memories back. It's sad to see Escapecraft die down like this, but I think we can all agree, we had a pretty fantastic run.

I miss you guys, keep in touch!
So, uhh... When's the next Prophecy of Escapecraft post? :P

Also tbf, lurking about and sporadic activity is akin to vultures circling and poking a dead body with a stick.
Eekum Bokum

motormaniac
Retired

Post by motormaniac » 07 Jun 2016, 15:59

At the start of this thread your topic could be answered sorta, now I would go out on a limb to say no

However as Skunk said, we've had a great run. I myself probably have 3+ months of playtime (including temp worlds, tekkit, etc), so it makes me curious how many cumulative years have been spent on the server.. as for myself, time well spent. It's weird thinking right about now 5 years ago I joined this server as a 13 year old. I turn 18 in 3 days. I've matured and seen others mature with me as I played here, and formed some unforgettable memories. To be saying that all that costed me is 20 dollars? Incredible. I thank you all for that. I'm still always in touch and wish you all the best.

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 11 Jun 2016, 04:25

It really saddens me knowing that this community isn't what it used to be. I remember when I first joined the server, back in 2010 or 2011, and just discovering the huge world of Fyra. It was just a huge mind opening experience for me, talking to people, making friends,... I do hope that maybe one day escapecraft can be as big and incredible as it used to be. For now, I wish everybody the best.
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

likehelly

Post by likehelly » 13 Jun 2016, 15:39

i just want to pop in and say that 1.10 has been released, and it has polar bears. it's magical.

unfortunately, i really do miss this place. TNA was when i joined, and i made a lot of friends. it was fun, this was really my only minecraft server experience, and it was a fantastic one, even though most of my time was spent annoying Furd because i was bored.

greenisbest

Post by greenisbest » 15 Jun 2016, 20:29

So, although I haven't been a server member since the beginning, I have been here for quite some time. I joined sometime around the TNA era (I think?) and it was the first time I had ever played multiplayer, hell, I'd hardly even played minecraft at that point. Anyhow, I quickly fell in love with the server and its community. And I gotta say, every day was an adventure whether it be literal or crazy antics with the people that hang around here. It does suck seeing the server "die" (I guess?) like this, and I'm probably not helping as I hardly play on it anymore or minecraft at all. This more than likely isn't goodbye forever, but I have had some great on this server with all the friends I've made through the years, and I hope this server gets some revival soon. Well, that's my speech, thanks for all the good times everyone!! :D

Thelepearchauns
Retired

Post by Thelepearchauns » 06 Jul 2016, 23:27

Yeah. I basically moved on from minecraft around the time horizons started. I tried rebuilding my castle, but the spark just wasnt there. I remember when I joined around the middle of Borjans life. It was my first server experience. The night I joined, I wandered all the way out to north borjan and near the edge of the map I died. I tried again to settle and couldnt get any food and died. A mod, though I cant remember who tried to help me get started and accidentally killed me. After a few tries I finally got started and built my giant ugly tower
Spoiler! :
From the ugly tower, my Tolteca manor was a thing of beauty. Around the same time I built that castle, I entered a silly video contest for wokkas birthday with an entry of a giant rabbit terrorizing a village. To this day its still the only "art" ive ever made in minecraft.
Spoiler! :
It got me enough recognition to be given the opportunity by wokka himself to make videos for the servers youtube channel. It was something I always wanted to do but the workload turned out to be just too much as I was starting my career. Ive always felt a little responsible for the downfall of the server. Maybe if I could have carried the load the channel could have promoted more server activity.

Ive really missed the community since ive left and I would love nothing more than to see the server come back to life, but I cant really say Id come back. Vanilla minecraft just doesnt do much for me anymore
Lep
Or its a key all the time...and when you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death
-Church and Caboose

likehelly

Post by likehelly » 11 Jul 2016, 23:47

Thelepearchauns wrote: Vanilla minecraft just doesnt do much for me anymore
i feel like this is the biggest thing. after playing with mods, even tame stuff like MCMMO makes me just not want to do vanilla stuff anymore. i can't live with having to fell trees block by block, or not having superbreaker, or being able to forge things.

even things like more biomes would be nice. or something totally crazy like that pokemon mod pack, who wouldn't want to play pokemon and battle their neighbor?

i will always appreciate my time here, though, but i do wish there could have been more.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 21 Jul 2016, 13:38

Sup. Seems most of you guys feel the same as me... ended up wandering back to the forum for nostalgia's sake. Spending 3 or so years playing minecraft for hours on end everyday burned me out so bad that I just can't get into it anymore.