The Escapian Olympics!

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
michaeld20

The Escapian Olympics!

Post by michaeld20 » 27 Dec 2012, 12:34

Hello ladies and gentlemen, Athletes and Patrons. Today, I bring fourth a plan, to reinvigorate towns across Escapia, this plan. The Escapian Olympics.

The Escapian Olympics will be a group of events, which do not exactly have to be sponsored by the server, But by patrons who choose to sponsor "Athletes" and some of the towns. There will be a flurry of events, ranging from Ice Skating, to Archery, to Spleef, and to Boxing! The Olympics will rotate from town to town, every(2 months?) And either a stadium will be built, or a unused building will be converted to the events. This is meant to reinvigorate(As stated above) towns across Escapia, by bringing many to the towns where these events are to be held. Showing them how big the world really is. I would like help managing this very much so, if you have ideas, or would like to apply for a position, be my guest. The following positions are as follows.

Field Referee, for the games.

Scorekeeper(3 total)

City Council(5 Total)

More to come!
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: The Escapian Olympics!

Post by Invunarble » 27 Dec 2012, 14:37

Don't mean to be nitpicky, but I think this sort of event-recommendation material belongs in the event sub forum instead of in the clusterfuck of topics within General Discussion. It'd probably help your suggestion receive a more formal response from the events team.

Also, I recall sirrus suggesting something similar to this, an Olympic-style event where everyone is represented based on what major city they belong to. The only problem with his idea, however, is that there are players who don't want to associate themselves with a certain town, and such wanted to enter the event independently. Do you intend to do something similar with this, or would you allow players to enter your event represented by themselves?
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 27 Dec 2012, 15:06

Doesnt really matter where it is especially since it would be related to towns and groups, and after all this is General Discussions aka its a generic forum.

Random tried doing this, as did sirrus. If you could actually get this to work that would be awesome :D if u need any help just ask and I'll see if I can do it. Don't really want a position atm though.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 27 Dec 2012, 17:52

Invunarble wrote:Don't mean to be nitpicky, but I think this sort of event-recommendation material belongs in the event sub forum instead of in the clusterfuck of topics within General Discussion. It'd probably help your suggestion receive a more formal response from the events team.

Also, I recall sirrus suggesting something similar to this, an Olympic-style event where everyone is represented based on what major city they belong to. The only problem with his idea, however, is that there are players who don't want to associate themselves with a certain town, and such wanted to enter the event independently. Do you intend to do something similar with this, or would you allow players to enter your event represented by themselves?
I would allow players to enter a set of Independant groups and such.
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 27 Dec 2012, 17:53

LS13 wrote:Doesnt really matter where it is especially since it would be related to towns and groups, and after all this is General Discussions aka its a generic forum.

Random tried doing this, as did sirrus. If you could actually get this to work that would be awesome :D if u need any help just ask and I'll see if I can do it. Don't really want a position atm though.
Thanks for the offer, I'll be working on this, as it is my 5 or 6th attempt at this, but I gave up other times. I'm working something out at the moment. But If I need anything, i'll contact you.