Macerators not working properly.

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
rygy9

Macerators not working properly.

Post by rygy9 » 16 Jul 2012, 13:59

Ever since making a macerator, I have been noticing that they produce dust WAY too slow. This is definitely a bug, because I have played both Technic singleplayer and Tekkit multiplayer (with friends on a private server) and the macerator is much faster. The problem is that it goes regular speed and produces noise until about 3/4 of the way along the bar, where it promptly stops for 10 seconds, then resumes at a much slower pace, taking up about 30-40 seconds per ore. This causes the generator I use to use up about 1 coal per ore, which is terribly inefficient. I'd appreciate if somebody could explain to me why this happens and/or if this is being worked on or fixed. Thank you. :)
People say practice makes perfect. They also say that nobody is perfect. So I say, why practice?

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Macerators not working properly.

Post by Invunarble » 16 Jul 2012, 15:58

Get a better power source i.e. HV arrays.

Problem solved.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

rygy9

Post by rygy9 » 16 Jul 2012, 16:13

:P Well once I get some solar panels or a power source of some sort it won't be as important, but it still takes forever, and time is money.
People say practice makes perfect. They also say that nobody is perfect. So I say, why practice?

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 16 Jul 2012, 17:06

Its likely lag, as the sound file they use is for 100% speed unmodified macerators. When you add in server lag your adding extra time to how long it takes ( but same number of ticks) but the sound doesnt play for the full period because of that.

Getting an unfueled power source is important, I'm sure somebody will give you a solar flower to get you started. If not i shall tonight if your on.

Also overclockers to speed it up?

rygy9

Post by rygy9 » 16 Jul 2012, 21:07

Oh, I know all about tekkit and all those overclockers and stuff, I just don't quite have the resources yet. I'm currently getting up solar panels, so it won't matter soon. I was just curious about it. Thanks anyway. :)

Shiganaru

Post by Shiganaru » 19 Jul 2012, 13:09

Try a Rotary Macerator, it's the AdvancedMachines upgraded Macerator.