Railcraft (The Tekkit Train Transit Project)

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Maykxor
Site Contributor

Railcraft (The Tekkit Train Transit Project)

Post by Maykxor » 18 Jun 2012, 23:53

Just making an official thread for this project.

While some of you in tekkit have chosen to taint the land with radioactive vats of nuclear reaction chambers, or drown yourselves in diamonds made from the power of the sun, I have started tampering with the Railcraft portion of this wonderful pack and have found it to be quite entertaining; containing the perfect mix of danger, awe, skill and amusement. Therefore, I have decided to take it upon myself to create the first Tekkit world transportation system. This 'around the world' style train ride will begin at the group spawn and will transport those of you who are otherwise too tired to walk on your own to various major locations. (Most likely established towns and nations.) Should you request not to have your town as a part of this transportation system, please let me know and I shall take you off the list of intended destinations. (And vice versa should you not be on the list and would like to.) This list will be put up at a later time. For those of you who would like a station by your town, I would like to ask of you to message me or post below with the coordinates of your preferred location for the stop-to-be and if you're feeling up to it, decorate it any way you like.

This will however be a continual work in progress as I foresee many new town additions to this new world.
(Construction is scheduled to commence sometime mid next week)

In answer to Robi's note:
RobipodSupreme wrote:Will it be underground? I think that otherwise it may disrupt peoples buildings and stuff, that's all. But I don't know how you plan to arrange it, so probably just ignore me :)
This is still up for planning and could potentially be a mix between a sky rail, ground rail, and mineshaft rail due to the nature of Railcraft and its' ease of changing the height of the rail. So one town that plans to build up can have a rail lower on the ground which can easily shoot to a sky rail for a town that intends to build underground.
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Quotes from cool people I've met over the years:
sobamushi "Maykxor your avatar makes me wanna dance ._.! "
MissKatieKillU: "WHAT THE F***ING F*** IS GOING ON IN MY F***ING ROLEPLAY?"
"I think you may have problems, my friend."
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

BigC_1

Re: Railcraft (The Tekkit Train Transit Project)

Post by BigC_1 » 19 Jun 2012, 00:45

Sounds quite useful. I've seen your rail testing grounds, and I have to say the rail abilities were quite a sight. It allowed me to see how easily you would be able to increase the rail height, as you have mentioned. I believe it could really benefit the tekkit server itself. It would be very fast too if you use those speed boosting tracks on it. However I would like to ask where you would get all of the supplies you shall need. I could probably supply you with some supplies myself. Anyways I like the idea.
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 19 Jun 2012, 09:31

supplies would be fairly easy to get considering both speed booster rails and regular rails can be obtained from EMC. The specialty rails however have to be manually built but that shouldn't be an issue as I already have automated machines creating all the materials. There is, however, one ingredient thats rather annoying to obtain. Creosote Oil. It takes a long time to make and runs out fairly quickly but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 25 Jun 2012, 04:00

I've got a Coke Oven running that's (slowly) producing Creosote Oil. Contact me to purchase some.

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 27 Jun 2012, 08:46

Great! I'll probably buy some from you when I run out.

After having gone out of town for a bit, this is now officially going into motion as I now gather names of locations for stops.

oli4uk

Post by oli4uk » 27 Jun 2012, 09:06

Stop by my place, doesnt have a name yet, but it is close to spawn :)

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 27 Jun 2012, 10:17

Inspired by this thread, I also built a coke oven. Holler in game if you need creosote.
Which leads to this:

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 27 Jun 2012, 22:40

oli4uk wrote:Stop by my place, doesnt have a name yet, but it is close to spawn :)
Cords or a town name on the map, otherwise I wont know where to make the stop :P

Heres the list so far of planned/scheduled stations that I will build: (location name : Owner)

Confirmed list:

Underhaven x:1370 y:86 z:944 : BigC_1
DharmaInitiative : Aeroeng15
BeardTec : BeardTec
Seahaven : Stalke
Houses of x -263, z -292 : Tekkiters

Intended list:

Oli4uk's place when cords are given.... : Oli4uk
Oasis (The one near spawn) : Godavari
Emberidge : haxxorzd00d
Armitage_II : F81TZ
Oasis (one at edge of map) : Godavari
New_Draconax : arogon343
Hidey_Hole : Tjololo12
Feaville : Fealuinix
Pwntopia : Pwnsaucier
Motormaniac_Inc. : motormaniac

Again, this is only the list of established towns or major areas of travel. I will only build to these locations should the owners agree. Again, if you specifically do not want a stop to be made at one of these locations, please say so. Similarly, if your place is not on this list and you would like it to be, please say so and either get your land a town so that I may see it on the map or tell me the cords of where you want your station to be.

Also, the grand central station at Spawn is complete. Go and take a look. This is what my stations will be like should you want me to build them for your stops. But feel free to make your own stations and leave me the cords to hook the trains to so as to create some variety.
Last edited by Maykxor on 30 Jun 2012, 09:21, edited 8 times in total.

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 27 Jun 2012, 23:20

Can you add Underhaven to the list once its done? I will be running it. It will be over the ocean on a large island. You will see it once its made.

Cords:
x:1370
y:86
z:944
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 28 Jun 2012, 03:01

my place is just a testing area, and not a proper area, so probably best if its not on the list.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 28 Jun 2012, 15:45

My place is just near spawn: X +100 Z +0 ish, Demonnaruto21 also lives there, i'd really like it if it could be added to the list ;)
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 28 Jun 2012, 17:14

Theres already a station near spawn, no need to make another a simple 100 blocks away.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 28 Jun 2012, 20:42

Spawn isn't located at origin, it's around X -300 Z - 50 ish, and my house is X +100 Z +0

It's not that long of a walk with quantum armor, but only a few choice people on the server own it. Plus too, the old ice trail there is all torn up and broken, you are literally jumping across icebergs to get to my place, making it not exactly the best formal road.

Plus too, more tourists get to see the wonders of my legendary house :)
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 29 Jun 2012, 14:07

I approve of this. I will try to find a good spot to put it.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 30 Jun 2012, 02:31

At the seahaven stop could you add another continueing rail going to garrets place? if you look next to the residential area you should see a basalt cobble arch structure that is the tunnel.
Also, im working on the quad nuclear reactor... heh... which i was going to use to power the Ziggylord
Industries "Teleportation Station" as a way of getting from town to town, but seing as youre making this, i wont bother, also, once i set up my large workshop area i will pay you in creoastieo oil (forgot how to spell it) because the rail to seahaven may uh.... take a while.... considering you'll have to build a giant rail across the largest ocean on the map... but hey, HS rails and HS booster rails could get someone there quick, os it'll all be worth it. if you dont wnat the oil i can just pay you in CUT coins, diamonds, rm or i can just make enough rails to get there...
anyyyyway, seeya later.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 30 Jun 2012, 07:08

Yeah, Beard-Tec should be fine.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 05 Jul 2012, 16:09

There's a sign on the south side of the town where the station can go. You can build outside of the town, and I'll eventually add it to the town plots.

Pwnsaucier

Post by Pwnsaucier » 10 Jul 2012, 15:27

I've recently acquired the ability to produce a massive quantity of HS track and HS booster track, and I'm willing to supply this project or any similar rail project. I might just assemble some rails myself. Its about time we have a functioning high speed transit infrastructure.

PM me if anyone is interested in my offer :)
<3 The Pwny

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 10 Jul 2012, 15:39

Maykxor my town is now on the tekkit map cause it is official now. Hope that makes it easier.
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

zekesonxx

Post by zekesonxx » 28 Aug 2012, 11:22

I am going to be building a factory sometime soon and have workers at it. Would love to have a train in and out of the place. Will need it to go underground but close to the surface.

zekesonxx

Post by zekesonxx » 28 Aug 2012, 11:23

ziggylord wrote:At the seahaven stop could you add another continueing rail going to garrets place? if you look next to the residential area you should see a basalt cobble arch structure that is the tunnel.
Also, im working on the quad nuclear reactor... heh... which i was going to use to power the Ziggylord
Industries "Teleportation Station" as a way of getting from town to town, but seing as youre making this, i wont bother, also, once i set up my large workshop area i will pay you in creoastieo oil (forgot how to spell it) because the rail to seahaven may uh.... take a while.... considering you'll have to build a giant rail across the largest ocean on the map... but hey, HS rails and HS booster rails could get someone there quick, os it'll all be worth it. if you dont wnat the oil i can just pay you in CUT coins, diamonds, rm or i can just make enough rails to get there...
anyyyyway, seeya later.

Garret left that place.