Flower tower 2.0 =updated=

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
herpmyderp

Flower tower 2.0 =updated=

Post by herpmyderp » 29 Feb 2012, 03:16

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Want to help by designing some windows or something? Come to creative at: x=420, z=-600. There are flat and rounded practice walls, DON'T delete another players work. And please sign your own work.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!
Anouncement
*******************************************************************************************************************
With the new height restrictions in 1.2 Mydrox and I are going to be designing and LEGITIMATELY building a new Flower Tower. That means bigger, flashier and mob killing-er then the last one. Also it won't be a stupid looking octagon shape either.

This thread is only an announcement at the moment and will be updated with more information and pictures soon. Here we can share ideas and designs, organise the resource gathering, organise the actual building of the tower and getting a roster of people who are going to help build/supply the new Flower Tower.

Oh and everyone who helps will be credited in the sign wall of honour and be allowed to use the mob grinder. Also note that I won't be purchasing any supplies or using creation for the building.
*******************************************************************************************************************

=====================
Current ideas/designs/prototypes
========================================================================
Okay now for the design propositions (If Mydrox or any of the other mods wish to edit this with ideas or whatever please go ahead)

Current plan/prototype is vines surrounding the tower getting thicker as they go higher and holding something awesome at the top. Whilst at the bottom of the tower the vines battle a foe of gigantic proportions. Perhaps a GIGA PUDI WARRIOR?

4/3/12 (d/m/y)
Thanks to a suggestion from 697 On the inside of the tower we can have redstone controlled mob attractions! Like mazes, piston operated things where you can push random mobs in to lava or whatever.
Accepting interesting ideas for mob attractions.

OH! mob gladiator arena sounds nice. -herp
========================================================================

Please don't mind the bad grammar and poor layout of this post. I'll edit it soonish and keep it up to date.
Last edited by herpmyderp on 04 Mar 2012, 01:24, edited 6 times in total.
Achievement unlocked: Banhammer Hat-trick.

random980

Re: Flower tower 2.0

Post by random980 » 29 Feb 2012, 06:00

Id like to help with designing a bit of it if i could. Also ill ask the USSR about supplying you guys with some materials!
Spoiler! :
When i read this my jaw was here ---->

it is now down here ---->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Feb 2012, 06:53

if you need Endstone or Stone Bricks Lords Landing would be happy to supply you. :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

herpmyderp

Post by herpmyderp » 29 Feb 2012, 08:02

random980 wrote:Id like to help with designing a bit of it if i could. Also ill ask the USSR about supplying you guys with some materials!
Spoiler! :
When i read this my jaw was here ---->

it is now down here ---->
Yeah the windows are going to be a very important part of the design. I'm thinking of having 2x2 block think jungle tree 'vines' snaking in and around the FTV2. I'd love for you to help. If you can come to creative and design something awesome I'd be pretty happy :P I'll post the location when the practice window walls get built.
vallorn wrote:if you need Endstone or Stone Bricks Lords Landing would be happy to supply you. :)
Awesome, working on the basics at the moment in creative. Once we figure out what we're building it with I'll tell you.

But no matter how many blocks people have I doubt It'll be enough. The current prototype will be able to fit about 18 flower towers..
Achievement unlocked: Banhammer Hat-trick.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 29 Feb 2012, 08:37

lol legit :3

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 29 Feb 2012, 11:14

The Daedra will have his netherrack at your disposition, and maybe my very rusty pixel art/designy skills will be to some kind of help.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 29 Feb 2012, 12:38

I'll help!

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 29 Feb 2012, 14:19

Sounds rather like my tower that I'm working on solo :P Only i got an ocean in the way first XD

random980

Post by random980 » 02 Mar 2012, 09:42

herpmyderp wrote:
random980 wrote:Id like to help with designing a bit of it if i could. Also ill ask the USSR about supplying you guys with some materials!

Yeah the windows are going to be a very important part of the design. I'm thinking of having 2x2 block think jungle tree 'vines' snaking in and around the FTV2. I'd love for you to help. If you can come to creative and design something awesome I'd be pretty happy :P I'll post the location when the practice window walls get built.

But no matter how many blocks people have I doubt It'll be enough. The current prototype will be able to fit about 18 flower towers..
Cool! cant wait to start designing shiz. One question though, can we make the tower twist? like the TTT? :P
Times like this you also REALLY need stained glass in minecraft...
Also for maximum inefficiency (if this ludicrous idea is even possible) i propose having a MASSIVE base tower, with several normal towers on top. These normal towers will be located each in several different chunks allowing more mobs to spawn in the tower/s from more than 1 area and have single collection in the large base tower.
If its already going to be 18 flower tower's big, then my idea doesnt seem to obscure. (also will you wait for the height addition before building?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

StealthyCake
Retired

Post by StealthyCake » 02 Mar 2012, 10:35

if you need any help! dont hesitate to gimme a shout :)