Creative - The Big Sweep

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Flux04
Retired

Creative - The Big Sweep

Post by Flux04 » 26 Oct 2011, 11:39

Hello Everyone

I would just like to say that me and Milo will be doing a sweep of Creative. The sweep is needed because we have noticed a few unauthorised structures in the flat area that fall under these critereas;

Labs, we have a lab area in the hills and even a portal for you to use to get there. Labs are ugly and usually only temporary in the first place. The flat area is for creative work.

Towns, towns are for Survival and honestly the only reason to have a town there is for a template for survival and should therefore not be for permanent homes.

Landclaims, we ask everyone to fully surround their work with fences and fence gates with a few signs with your name. If we spot a structure that doesn't do this, we will remove it. that way other players can use that space properly. Also, if you claim a HUGE amount of space, you need to contact me or Milo for permissions with what you plan to build there. This is usually considered for claims that are more than 50x50. The 20 block space between claims still stands. If you wish to build directly next to someone, ask their permission first. If we hear any complaints, we may need to move certain structures.

Random Rails, we have rails at the spawn area to get to places in creative, we don't want players to build rails out in the middle of nowhere unless the land, it is made on, is claimed by the owner. I.E. If you own the land, you can build rails on it. It could be an idea to build rails around your own creation to help show it off ;). But rails leading from near spawn will not be tolerated.

Just to clarify, you are allowed to use redstone and pistons in creative structures for doors or other creative things. But just don't make it into a lab.

The sweep will begin in three weeks time from 25/11/2011 , giving you plenty of chance to move or properly claim your structures. We will not make any exeptions.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Re: Creative - The Big Sweep

Post by Milo_Windby » 29 Nov 2011, 19:22

Bumping this as a reminder to everyone about this sweep we are going to be doing.
Make sure to read what Flux said and make sure you do what she said as well.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 29 Nov 2011, 19:50

Is a cuboid a valid claim?

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 29 Nov 2011, 19:54

Spyboticsguy wrote:Is a cuboid a valid claim?
Yes.
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

jsdsparky

Post by jsdsparky » 30 Nov 2011, 11:18

I have a diamond platform in the sky in lab area. It is my lab. Would this be considered a landclaim? Also, It is hanging off the side of the cliffs a little bit. Is this ok?
Ask me if you want a house in JAMES_QUAL and I's colony.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 30 Nov 2011, 12:24

Flux04 wrote: Landclaims, we ask everyone to fully surround their work with fences and fence gates with a few signs with your name.
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

jsdsparky

Post by jsdsparky » 30 Nov 2011, 14:28

Got it. Ok. I will go do that now.
Ask me if you want a house in JAMES_QUAL and I's colony.

bomono3

Post by bomono3 » 06 Dec 2011, 20:54

im going to need a lot of 50X50 landclaims, so yah if any of these are not worth it feel free to destroy it, so here is the stuff: my unfished megaman pixel art and all art near it are part of the neo arcadia creative area, if you want to find my 200X200 when done pixel art just load up the creative map, and any buildings or art near it is part of neo arcadias creative building area, and also i need one for my rainbow scout, right near the neo arcadia building area, i would be perfectly fine if you get rid of it, but just pointing that out there..

TheBaldr

Post by TheBaldr » 12 Dec 2011, 00:54

Why is this not posted on the main page? I just read it today as I am not a forum regular, I get all my news from the main page of the website.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 12 Dec 2011, 10:58

And the reason you can't just go inside the forum is?

If you don't bother to read all important updates... and this includes everything that is posted in the forums and not just the front page... we are not responsible if anything happens that you don't like.
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 12 Dec 2011, 11:28

Plus signs at the entrance of creative warning about it.
WWTDD

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 15 Dec 2011, 12:12

The sweep will be beginning tommorow.

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 16 Dec 2011, 04:23

The sweep has begun folks, over the next few days, we shall be cleaning Creative up the best we can.