Changes To Creative

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Flux04
Retired

Changes To Creative

Post by Flux04 » 09 Jul 2011, 20:16

Hey guys, as you may know, I now play a major part in running the creative world, I like to see things moving along smoothly with player creations, but if there was one thing I would like to see changed it would be where people want to build their labs. I don't like to see redstone scattered everywhere with columns of pistons. I know you guys love your pistons, but please can experiments with redstone stay in the zone given for experimenting. There are 2 gates situated by spawn, one for if you like to build art in a landscape and another gate leading to an area for labs/bases, please use these! It is a good place for building underground aswell as above. If you have already built a lab on the flat area, please ask a OP+ or admin to move it to the designated area.

Futhermore, I would like to change Landclaim. I would like to see a landclaim surrounded in fences rather than signs or any other material, its easy to do in creative and it really helps protect your landclaim. All the other rules concerning landclaim still apply however, i.e the building within 20 blocks of someone else without permission, still applies.

I do not tolerate the building of potentially offensive structures, they will be taken down if deemed so. Also if landclaim is not followed, your land may be up for someone else. So please use fences and signs that have your name on it! :)

I hope everyone enjoys there time spent building here and I hope that people can build more efficient contraptions and wonderful achitecture in peace in this world. :)

Any Questions or Suggestions? Please let me know! :D

vallorn

Re: Changes To Creative

Post by vallorn » 10 Jul 2011, 02:39

i have a piston testing/ room designing area outside my Box O Doom (i actualy need this for said Box) at the very end of the North Rail... can i keep it for a bit longer? i can remove it once the Box is done.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 10 Jul 2011, 08:56

My castle project has a obby and sign going around it, should I also place fence on top of the obby?

also <3
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:39

Milo_Windby wrote:My castle project has a obby and sign going around it, should I also place fence on top of the obby?

also <3
Placing fences down really protects your land from people who could say, 'Oh I didn't know this land was taken' A fence will stop players just randomly wondering in and building on your landclaim. It could direct them to a sign, they can't miss, with your name on it :D

On a side note, Any HUGE landclaim must be approved with me, the flat land is not infinate, so be nice and just take what you need and not what you want!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Jul 2011, 00:26

Sure thing Flux. Thank for trying to keep creative organized!
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 14 Jul 2011, 13:33

I'm just gonna bump this, I have noticed Labs still being built around, so please direct your redstone towards the lab area pleeeeeease :3

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 31 Jul 2011, 11:37

Bump! A lab is anything to do with 'playing with' or 'testing' with redstone and other reactive blocks. please build in the right area :3

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 31 Jul 2011, 12:57

Just wondering, could we build a lab room/area on the flatland then get it pasted to the lablands? Flatland is very helpful when it comes to labs. Not that i've made and :s
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 31 Jul 2011, 14:08

Wildwill002 wrote:Just wondering, could we build a lab room/area on the flatland then get it pasted to the lablands? Flatland is very helpful when it comes to labs. Not that i've made and :s
Helpful? You can spawn items, use 2 mins and make a flat platform
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 01 Aug 2011, 07:04

Okay, I'm not gonna be around as much as I used to for a little while, so I'm passing Director over to Milo. He will be seeing over creative to make it a nicer place :). Please ask him before you want to start a mega project (and I do mean Mega). He will handle anymore queries you may have. Thank you Milo :3

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 01 Aug 2011, 13:41

Flux04 wrote:Okay, I'm not gonna be around as much as I used to for a little while, so I'm passing Director over to Milo. He will be seeing over creative to make it a nicer place :). Please ask him before you want to start a mega project (and I do mean Mega). He will handle anymore queries you may have. Thank you Milo :3
Your welcome =3 Happy to Help.
I will make sure its nice and cozy for when you get back <3
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Milo_Windby
Retired

Creative Update!

Post by Milo_Windby » 01 Aug 2011, 15:36

Creative Update!

As Flux has stated before Redstone labs are not allowed in the Flat Map Section of Creative.
We have a portal that leads to an area that they can be made and they should be made there.
I have begun a system wide search and destroy (leaving signs behind for the players to know why the lab is gone)
of labs in the flats. I don't do this to be mean or to hurt any feelings.

Next... this also is about Labs... Do no act like a Witch Hunter looking for labs. Trust me I am working on this and you do not need to burden yourself with this job. Please just enjoy Creative =3

And last I would like to talk about Player Towns in Creative. I don't think this has happened yet (Though I am still doing a look around in Creative) However it is a topic I think should be talked about.
I am for the moment going to say yes to this... However... You need to talk to me about it first. I don't want Creative filled to the brim with Towns because that is not the purpose of Creative... however since you can spawn items this gives a clear advantage to survival towns... which is to say they can look really awesome and... Creative.
Again... Do not just go and make a town.. you need to talk with me first.
If this does not go well I will change my stance on this.
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Aug 2011, 16:46

Milo me and Flux had an agreement about my temporary Labs outside my Event Build. one the build is done they're going and until then its my responsibility to keep them clean and remove unfinished/failed bits from them.

i hope you will maintin this as the said labs should not be around much longer :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 25 Nov 2011, 06:55

Bump.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 25 Nov 2011, 13:45

Shouldn't this just be stickied?
WWTDD

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 25 Nov 2011, 16:40

You guys may want to look at the stickies, you will notice the announcement ;D about creative