The Escapian Courthouse

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
jagorrax
Retired

The Escapian Courthouse

Post by jagorrax » 30 Apr 2011, 23:35

The Escapian Courthouse is now complete and ready for use. This is a place for mods and players to settle disputes and be heard out. The honorable judge Lord Mountbatten will be handling all trials with a totally unbiased jury. If you want to sue a player or moderator, post in this thread. We will decide what cases are worth taking to trial.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

Korten

Re: The Escapian Courthouse

Post by Korten » 30 Apr 2011, 23:42

Sweet, thats awesome. I assume its in Version 3?

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 30 Apr 2011, 23:50

In Fyra, behind the mountain at spawn to the NE.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 01 May 2011, 03:40

What constitutes a valid suit? Or are they decided as they are petitioned?

marurder

Post by marurder » 01 May 2011, 05:37

What if I can't make it because of bad traffic!? (aka creeper in teh face!) Do I get fined?

Ohh... are there fines?!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 01 May 2011, 06:20

I'm suing the entire moderator team. Why? BECAUSE I CANNOT HAZ 9001 DIMUNDZ
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 08:13

im sueing wokka for some Lapis that i had spent ages mining. he could have chosen a better way to punish me (far east TP, kick, lightning strike. you name it) instead he /slayed me and wiped my inventory. within it i had all of my lapis lazuli, light blue dye and light blue wool.

im not even asking for the diamonds or gold or iron (there was a decent amount of each as i was in the middle of mining and stopped to come to the Hub) i just need those blue mats back so i can do my pixel art.

and yes i know i did wrong now. i didnt know you guys found me burning so annoying.

and you didnt even say anything to ask me to stop. wokka if you had chatted it i would have.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 01 May 2011, 10:28

vallorn wrote:im sueing wokka for some Lapis that i had spent ages mining. he could have chosen a better way to punish me (far east TP, kick, lightning strike. you name it) instead he /slayed me and wiped my inventory. within it i had all of my lapis lazuli, light blue dye and light blue wool.

im not even asking for the diamonds or gold or iron (there was a decent amount of each as i was in the middle of mining and stopped to come to the Hub) i just need those blue mats back so i can do my pixel art.

and yes i know i did wrong now. i didnt know you guys found me burning so annoying.

and you didnt even say anything to ask me to stop. wokka if you had chatted it i would have.
This would be considered a valid suit. It is now up to Lord if he will take the case.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 10:57

jagorrax wrote:
vallorn wrote:im sueing wokka for some Lapis that i had spent ages mining. he could have chosen a better way to punish me (far east TP, kick, lightning strike. you name it) instead he /slayed me and wiped my inventory. within it i had all of my lapis lazuli, light blue dye and light blue wool.

This would be considered a valid suit. It is now up to Lord if he will take the case.
its aslo a valid semi rant! (gotta say i feel a bit better for saying it)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 01 May 2011, 11:59

I claim Parliamentary sovereignty. Lord, I trust you will throw this case out due to this fact.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 12:10

Wokka Parliamentary sovereignty does not make one immune to prosecution either by the state or a private individual. ergo as you seem so busy with trying not to pay up and not with refuting any of my evidence or claims i think this puts my side in a far more favourable light.

it is against the Mod rules to kill a player (i assume this is null within PVP) henceforth you broke the rules with your /slay which not only killed me but also wiped all the valuables i had mined in MagmaVale from my inventory.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 01 May 2011, 12:53

The server, and hence myself, are sovereign on this server, same as Sneaky or Collin.

Sneaky did say several times to stop making the noise, you were obviously just goofing off, regardless if you knew that it made noise to everyone else. You've played this game long enough, you have heard other people burn, so you knew it made noise, whether you thought of that at the time or not.

You were interupting the fireside chat, and while players could have easily turned down their MC sounds during the chat, there is no reason why 20 people should have to adjust their sound for 1 person.

I could have warped you elsewhere, and i could have kicked you, but /slay was the fastest command that came to mind, and a suitable punishment... a bit of server lag would have done the same thing, burning you to death before the food took effect.

I could also have easily banned you, so you got off light in my mind. Continue this suit and I'll countersue, on the part of everyone that attended the fireside in the hub, how about you cut your losses before this goes further?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 12:59

its not that i died that im taking offence to its that /slay wiped my inventory when it killed me so made it impossible for me to pick the stuff back up.

and im afraid i didnt hear anyone saying stop. i had about 3000+ ping at that time so it may or may not have gotten through. also i was trying to keep up with the Fireside and both chats at once. (not easy as you probably know)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 01 May 2011, 13:30

Pfft, you weren't lagging that badly, or the server would have killed you in the fire. And if you had died by fire, your items would have fallen into the fire and be lost anyway. It's not our fault that you didn't head Sneaky asking you to stop. Let this be a lesson learned, don't cause interruptions in a public place and not expect consequences.

Are you going to pursue this "lawsuit"?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 13:47

im merely asking you to think whether you may have been to hard using the /slay. it is against the rules for a player (i think it even applies to admins) to kill another player outside of PVP. i know i did wrong im asking about wether the sentence was correct not about whether there should have been one.

and i didnt stand in the fire i hopped in to light myself then stood outside. my items would have mostly not burnt.

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor.
Now think about it; that does not make sense!
Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks?
That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case!
It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a player prosecuting an Admin, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense?
Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense!
And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Mod Kill Rule, does it make sense?
No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must find guilty! The prosecution rests.

Here, look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey!
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 01 May 2011, 13:51

Is this thread the courthouse?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 13:58

MKindy wrote:Is this thread the courthouse?
cant get to the physical one and this seems more fitting (though Wokka did refuse to even talk to me about this in Vent when i asked him)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 01 May 2011, 14:07

I'll tell you why chewbacca live with the ewoks, Slave labor. I mean look at it he's 8 foot tall he can get them to do what he wants. Logic to your madness case closed.
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 14:14

Darktaint wrote:I'll tell you why chewbacca live with the ewoks, Slave labor. I mean look at it he's 8 foot tall he can get them to do what he wants. Logic to your madness case closed.
therefore you have just reopened the Sneaky VS Supagama case... care to continue?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 01 May 2011, 14:50

That case shall remain closed. A verdict was reached.

I would like to preside over this case. If the parties involved will consult their attorneys and appear at court within a reasonable amount of time, the sooner justice can be done.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 14:54

il be there at EXACTLY 9PM GMT tomorrow. sound good to you Wokka?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 01 May 2011, 14:59

No, I'll be at work at that time, if my attorney wants to attend, he can.

Lord, after this is complete, I'd like to file a countersuit, a class action lawsuit on behalf of all attendees at the fireside chat. Anyone that was in attendance that wishes to partake of any retribution won from this case, please sign up by quoting this posting.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 May 2011, 15:10

wokka1 wrote:No, I'll be at work at that time, if my attorney wants to attend, he can.

Lord, after this is complete, I'd like to file a countersuit, a class action lawsuit on behalf of all attendees at the fireside chat. Anyone that was in attendance that wishes to partake of any retribution won from this case, please sign up by quoting this posting.
considering i was already punished that seems overly harsh. i merely wish to get the mats back that i was going to build a public building with. your selfishness astounds me wokka.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 01 May 2011, 15:14

wokka1 wrote:No, I'll be at work at that time, if my attorney wants to attend, he can.

I wish to partake in this action =D
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 01 May 2011, 15:38

How am I being selfish? You interrupted a public gathering, in the real world, you would have been thrown out, possibly charged as a public nuisance.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 01 May 2011, 15:40

I take want to partake in the lawsuit.
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 01 May 2011, 16:12

vallorn wrote:considering i was already punished that seems overly harsh. i merely wish to get the mats back that i was going to build a public building with. your selfishness astounds me wokka.
Yeah im gonna say its a bad idea to call the guy taking time out to let you play a game selfish...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 01 May 2011, 16:20

I found the noise rather annoying, but I wasn't actually in the Hub to see you /slay him. So I dunno if I can participate here.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 May 2011, 02:31

well it seems more people found my burning annoying than i thought. okay il drop the suit.

i enjoyed that mental sparring though :D .
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 02 May 2011, 04:51

vallorn wrote:well it seems more people found my burning annoying than i thought. okay il drop the suit.

i enjoyed that mental sparring though :D .
Vallorn, you owe me 20 lapis that you never paid me for. Chop chop!
The Horrorterrors made the world while God was sleeping.