What inspired your Username ?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Zinrius
Retired

What inspired your Username ?

Post by Zinrius » 25 Apr 2011, 19:29

The title is pretty blunt about it.

My username "Zinrius" was developed by me at around the tender age of 12 when I played FFX the main antagonist was called "SIN". That being the case, I used every ounce of wittyness to switch the "S" to a "Z" thus creating "ZIN"

Then I thought that wasn't witty enough because people might figure me out!

So I was watching street fighter and I thought of the protagonist "Ryu". Now, I had to exhaust every ounce of wittyness earlier when I made "ZIN" so I had to borrow some of the earth's vital life force in order to produce "Zinryus"

I wasn't happy with it, it looked too cheesy. So I sacrificed my left leg and 1 finger to the Gods of [insert native tongue here] and changed the "Y" to an "I"

And that's the story on how I came to be "ZINRIUS" :D

I've been Zinrius for about 9 years since then and have been so in almost all the MMO RPG's you could ever encounter.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

aflycon
Retired

Re: What inspired your Username ?

Post by aflycon » 25 Apr 2011, 19:30

A is the first letter of my name, "fly" is part of my surname, and "con" is me trolling. That's about it. :3

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 25 Apr 2011, 19:34

I first made the name Milo Windby in a game of D&D for my Halfling Treasure Hunter.
At some point I added Hugo as his middle name and later on in the game he was knighted by Lord Oifur, a Dark Angel.

Ever since playing as Milo I started using that as my Online name and have used it for seven years... give or take.

I have changed it up a bit from time to time as well, going from Milo Windby to Neko Milo (Neko = cat) to Neko Prince.
I then went back to just Milo Windby and use Neko Prince as a title instead of name.

I have another two names from D&D that I love to use as well, Guy Garret (Used for my Human Fighters/Paladins) and Storn Stoneshield (Dwarf name)
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Apr 2011, 19:39

My username isn't very original. Whilst I was born His Serene Highness Prince Louis of Battenburg, the family name and titles were anglicised due to anti-German sentiment during World War One. I was made Lord Louis Mountbatten, more commonly known as Lord Mountbatten. Tada!

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 25 Apr 2011, 19:53

first made the name Vallorn for a warhammer Dark Elf general. seemed like a good name for other stuff so i kept it and used it for the internet.

im pretty glad with how it turned out. :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 25 Apr 2011, 21:14

"Jake" Is usually taken on most forums.
The staff here are all trolls

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 25 Apr 2011, 21:51

I had a band in the early 2000s. This was the name of it, though it quickly disbanded. I kinda just kept it; it makes for a very cool handle. We had just made it up then, but in retrospect, apparently it's a Russian surname. Goes to show that, no matter what you make up, someone has already done it.

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 25 Apr 2011, 21:54

Someone else had the name I wanted on gmail.... you think I'm joking but I am really not
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 25 Apr 2011, 22:00

Well my name has a bit of a story behind it. It originally came from the word Tomato, which I messed with until it was "Tametou" and then grew into Tomenaki. When it was Tomenaki, it fused with a first name "Adio" which came from a license place from when I lived in Germany back in 2004 (in this case, it was "AD:EO" and I made it into Adio). And I've used Adio Tomenaki/Tomenaki ever since. Also, for those who know my other name, Toki, that came from a character of a story I wrote years ago named Toki Kumo (translated as Time Cloud/Spider in Japanese.) Seeing as I hate spiders, the last name was meant as Cloud lol. Just as a sidenote, I don't mind people calling me either, though, I'm a bit partial to Toki. ^_^

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 25 Apr 2011, 22:15

Snagged the name from Unforgotten Realms.

What? Charles Pinmissile is a funny name.

I also go by the following aliases.

Doctor Bass, Because it's a funny randomly generated name.
Used Tree, Same reason as above.
Bikkie, Because a friend dared me to level a druid named Bikkies to level 80 in WoW. It kind of stuck.
Mormon Jesus, 'Cause I'm born on the 6th of April, which is coincidently the same day the Mormons celebrate the birth of Christ. According to Wikipedia. I make it a habit of introducing myself as your lord and saviour. Great at parties.
The Swenglishman, because I've got this stupid fake English accent I can't get rid off.
Ponymissile, I need no explanation.
Last edited by Pinmissile on 25 Apr 2011, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

SisterCreep

Post by SisterCreep » 25 Apr 2011, 22:19

Sister Creep is a character in the book Swan Song; one of my all-time favorite books. I can't really explain Sister Creep, you'd just have to get to know her yourself.

It's also a play on the word creeper; it's pronounceable and easily shortened to a conversational nickname for text and chat; it's a name with an unassuming title which adds character; it indicates gender with out introducing sexuality, and fosters mixed human emotions of familial trust and protectiveness with a taint of uneasiness.

Yeah, I over-think like that.

~Sister

Edit to add:
Dnlvickers5 wrote:Someone else had the name I wanted on gmail...
And I'm spitting mad that that it's taken on gmail and youtube.
Last edited by SisterCreep on 25 Apr 2011, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 25 Apr 2011, 22:20

Mine mainly boils down to my laziness/lack of creativity.

I was making an account for Battlefield Heroes one day, and they wouldn't let me use the name I wanted because "a duplicate value exists". So, due to a lack of any other ideas, I decided that I would be the duplicate of the duplicate value that apparently already existed.

I took a bit of a shine to it, and use it for most things now.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Apr 2011, 22:28

Pinmissile wrote: The Swenglishman, because I've got this stupid fake English accent I can't get rid off.
Fake? :o

Stupid?!? :cry:

notbob1

Post by notbob1 » 25 Apr 2011, 22:31

I originally picked this name because people would always use the name bob for things in the 5th grade. It was stupid how much I heard the name so I kind of parodied it. So I decided one day to make a TribalWars account. But notbob was taken, so, I added a 1 to it, and called it my own.
----My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/notbobtekk----
"You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels" -Bill Murray
I don't go on my MSN much, so don't be surprised when I don't reply for like a decade.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 25 Apr 2011, 22:41

I being very imaginative had jut found out about the magic of Blackadder, and Need for Speed Wanted, needed a name so I chucked that in saying oh yes and the 51 for like aliens and shit.

Thus it was born

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

notbob1

Post by notbob1 » 25 Apr 2011, 22:43

Blackadder51 wrote:I being very imaginative had jut found out about the magic of Blackadder, and Need for Speed Wanted, needed a name so I chucked that in saying oh yes and the 51 for like aliens and shit.

Thus it was born
How can you say shit Ponies and I can't say dammit Unicorns without the forum deleting the word from my sentence.

~Fixed by Zinrius, you're welcomed.
----My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/notbobtekk----
"You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels" -Bill Murray
I don't go on my MSN much, so don't be surprised when I don't reply for like a decade.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 25 Apr 2011, 22:50

Infesord, and every other concoction of names I have come up with are basically created by the use of random words from various games and movies, and words chosen at random chosen from the dictionary. Infesord is of the latter.

Infesord is merely a combination of the word Infest and Word. I put the two together after removing the 't' and 'w' and liked it enough that I decided to use it. I use this method to get names for characters and usernames because I REFUSE to acknowledge the existence of numbers, that and some games (ie. World of Warcraft) are very keen on making sure your character name would be an actual name and not just some arbitrary bunch of letters and numbers (and god forbid if any system allows symbols/special characters in).

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 25 Apr 2011, 22:52

I was trying to come up with an account name for WoW. I tried like...50 different usernames.... Then I just randomly typed Givemeabreak432, it worked, and I've stuck with it since.

Lord_Flashheart

Post by Lord_Flashheart » 25 Apr 2011, 23:27

dammit

EDIT by Black:

It works fine for normal users, maybe its your browsers,
"I could sell Diamonds to an Eskimo "

WOOF WOOF

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 26 Apr 2011, 00:53

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Pinmissile wrote: The Swenglishman, because I've got this stupid fake English accent I can't get rid off.
Fake? :o

Stupid?!? :cry:
Still love it, though. Makes me sound classy and educated.

Se7enty_Se7en

Post by Se7enty_Se7en » 26 Apr 2011, 01:35

Honestly this is the first time using the username Se7enty_Se7en, every other game I have my username is usually powerfulkingj but powerfulkingt being the creative person that he is stole it for minecraft... He made the account b4 I even got my minecraft...... So I got 77 off sudden attack from a really good player :P
PYLO <3
Starcraft 2 FTW
Im korean ;)
안녕하새요
나 조원석 입니다 ^^

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 26 Apr 2011, 01:43

My horrible username was made years ago when I was a child and I liked toilet humour. I was thinking...

Hah! Skunk's are smelly! That'll be funny! But it's not original enough...

Aha! I'll make it a GIANT Skunk! That way it's even more smelly! No... Still not original...

SKUNK GIANT! AHA!
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 26 Apr 2011, 03:42

derigin wrote:... Goes to show that, no matter what you make up, someone has already done it.
I'm the only "furdabip" in existance. My WoW character "Mallaken" was the only one in existance too (until someone else, I assume trying to troll me, made one on another realm). Go ahead and google "furdabip" - should come up with all the random stuff I've done over the years.

The name itself comes from before I had the internet. I swear that the sound effect for Final Fantasy 8's card game Triple Triad, when a card is flipped over makes a "furdabip" sound (say it really fast). My first and still often used username for stuff is "Beowulf," but since the movie, people use it more often than they did. The only reason I switched over to furdabip was because I needed a unique name that I knew would never be taken. There was a time when Google didn't return any results for "furdabip." :-)

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 26 Apr 2011, 04:41

Well, over the years, I've gone by such names as "WolfReaper14", and "NinjaGaylord" (Yes... It's true...), and I was in an RP, and needed a name for my character. Thus, I took the Romanji Japanese, for Chaos & Harmony, and slammed them together for a couple of usernames. I'll probably change it eventually, due to the fact that, as much as it's a nice oxymoron, No-one can pronounce it...

For the record, it's Ka-Oh-Sue Ham-Oh-Nee... Or you can just call me Jake, but people'll probably still call me "Chaos" or "Chao-sue"
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 26 Apr 2011, 04:44

KaosuHamoni wrote:Well, over the years, I've gone by such names as "WolfReaper14", and "NinjaGaylord" "

Wut?

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 26 Apr 2011, 04:46

Blackadder51 wrote:
KaosuHamoni wrote:Well, over the years, I've gone by such names as "WolfReaper14", and "NinjaGaylord" "

Wut?
Honestly, dude, don't ask.

However that particular username did cause much lulz...

Ninjawoman
Site Contributor

Post by Ninjawoman » 26 Apr 2011, 04:48

I'm going to pull rank here and say that 'Ninja' and 'GayLord' should never be used in the same sentence again- its a rather strange combo. And Ninja is too awesome to use with the likes of GayLord anyway..psshh.
Women who behave rarely make history.

Four for you Glen Coco...YOU GO GLEN COCO!!

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 26 Apr 2011, 04:49

Ninjawoman wrote:I'm going to pull rank here and say that 'Ninja' and 'GayLord' should never be used in the same sentence again- its a rather strange combo. And Ninja is too awesome to use with the likes of GayLord anyway..psshh.
What? I was like 11... :lol:

Ninjawoman
Site Contributor

Post by Ninjawoman » 26 Apr 2011, 05:08

Don't try and pull rank on me sonny jim.
Women who behave rarely make history.

Four for you Glen Coco...YOU GO GLEN COCO!!

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 26 Apr 2011, 06:12

Furdabip wrote: I'm the only "furdabip" in existance. My WoW character "Mallaken" was the only one in existance too (until someone else, I assume trying to troll me, made one on another realm). Go ahead and google "furdabip" - should come up with all the random stuff I've done over the years.
Yeah same with me. If I google Infesord I find all sorts of stuff from the past I did. I have yet to see it associated with something I am not aware of. The only time a name of mine I created got uses somewhere else is Revohm (A combination of Revving, as in Revving an engine and Ohm, the measurement for electrical resistance) is apparently someone has a Youtube account with that name. More than likely just a super crazy coincidence though.