You monster.

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

You monster.

Post by SneakyPie » 18 Apr 2011, 15:13

So Portal 2 will be released this evening by the looks of it and I know that myself and several other staff members will be MIA for the next few days. :D

You guys play nice. I don't want to see anything resembling Children of the Corn when we get back. :P

DuplicateValue
Retired

Re: You monster.

Post by DuplicateValue » 18 Apr 2011, 15:18

Looks like I'll be one of the small minority of Ops left to hold down the fort.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 18 Apr 2011, 15:23

Me and Dupe and the few other mods will keep the peace =D

/me no pants
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Hahsime

Post by Hahsime » 18 Apr 2011, 15:27

You mean one of the small group of mods to hold the fort.

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 18 Apr 2011, 15:28

So tempted to get Portal 2 right now..... But I'll try my best to help hold down the fort while the rest of you are gone. lol

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 18 Apr 2011, 15:33

Hashime wrote:*snip*
No, I meant our hover-fort. It's in a rather obscure part of the map, you probably haven't seen it.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Hahsime

Post by Hahsime » 18 Apr 2011, 15:46

DuplicateValue wrote:
Hashime wrote:*snip*
No, I meant our hover-fort. It's in a rather obscure part of the map, you probably haven't seen it.
Eh, I was just being a dick.

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 18 Apr 2011, 15:51

Hashime wrote:You mean one of the small group of mods to hold the fort.
There are literally no words for how much I love you for posting this.
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Thoughts on How Crap the World is
My Music

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 18 Apr 2011, 16:21

I'll be sticking around aswell. So without the higher up's hanging round I'll be trolling more then usual :P
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 18 Apr 2011, 17:18

Try not to burn down the Vent server while I'm gone, please.

Actually, now that I think of it, I may want to set up some Portal 2 co-op rooms on the vent server.

Now then, it's nearly time to proceed into ANDROID HELL.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 18 Apr 2011, 17:57

Although I am 100% guaranteedly buying Portal 2, I have had to spend my money on family and pet-related things for the past 3 months. This means I won't be able to get Portal 2 (for the 360, not PC) until May. Also means my broken Wii can't be replaced until June! :'(

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 18 Apr 2011, 18:27

I'll be there to hold the ford till Thursday, since i go on family-holiday on Friday :mrgreen:

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 Apr 2011, 19:18

im no Mod but as my PS3 is a brick of plastic till i get the Disk Drive repaired you can count on me to be around to help newbies.

VallCo holds no responsibility for newbie deaths due to Lava, Slimes, Creepers, Zombies, Spiders, Skeletons, Spider Jokeys, Cliffs, Fire, TNT, HeroBrine or Acts of God while being introduced by Vallorn.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 18 Apr 2011, 19:58

I wish I could help monitor the server, but lets cross our fingers everyone will keep tight.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 Apr 2011, 20:14

Lol wut iz portal 2?
-
I shall still be on daily, really not impressed with valve right now and the whoreing out of there rather dedicated fan base. I wont get portal 2 for a while. That said though kudos to the marketing team, you suckered most people.

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Frostfeuer

Post by Frostfeuer » 18 Apr 2011, 20:23

Blackadder51 wrote:Lol wut iz portal 2?
-
I shall still be on daily, really not impressed with valve right now and the whoreing out of there rather dedicated fan base. I wont get portal 2 for a while. That said though kudos to the marketing team, you suckered most people.
Yea I know what you mean. I had already preordered the game on thursday before the countdown. But the whole premise that they set up this huge arg that people spent days upon days figuring out after having to buy the potato sack, with the hope to unlock the game early, only to have valve basically spit in their face and release it (at the earliest) midnight of the tuesday is a bit annoying.

Yea thats probably incoherent, TLDR Valve's arg was a huge money grab that screwed over a huge amount of people.

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 18 Apr 2011, 20:49

Well about the whole Potato Sack thing... I already had the games I wanted from it before the thing even came out, and there was very little I wanted left in the Pack anyway so... Valve didn't get me with that, they got me by putting out Portal 2. It didn't really matter when it came out, I was just happy it came out. This coming from someone who hardly even played Portal despite getting Steam for it.

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 18 Apr 2011, 23:27

Guys. You can make the game come out faster by PLAYING the games, not by buying them. You're seriously kiddding right? Valve has done a MASSIVELY wonderful thing for indie game developers with this countdown. Let's say you make a game. It's pretty good. You have about 1000-10,000 copies sold. But you're not that big. Valve comes along and says HAY GUYS WANNA TEAM UP!? As well as offering to use one of their most anticipated, and well known game to promote YOURS. Not to mention the amazing advertising they're doing with Portal 2 itself which only helps the indie developers even more. Even for the indie games not involved in the Potato Sack, the amount of people who are playing these games who don't generally buy indie games is rediculous. Lots of these people will say "Hey, I like this indie game... I'm going to buy more!" therefore helping the indie market even more.

All I can say to you people is to remind you that science rhymes with complience. You know what doesn't? Neurotoxin.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 19 Apr 2011, 03:45

SneakyPie wrote:I don't want to see anything resembling Children of the Corn when we get back. :P
What about "Lord of the Flies?"

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 19 Apr 2011, 07:32

MKindy wrote:
SneakyPie wrote:I don't want to see anything resembling Children of the Corn when we get back. :P
What about "Lord of the Flies?"
I'd say that's a viable option.

Hahsime

Post by Hahsime » 19 Apr 2011, 09:15

Lathania wrote:Guys. You can make the game come out faster by PLAYING the games, not by buying them. You're seriously kiddding right? Valve has done a MASSIVELY wonderful thing for indie game developers with this countdown. Let's say you make a game. It's pretty good. You have about 1000-10,000 copies sold. But you're not that big. Valve comes along and says HAY GUYS WANNA TEAM UP!? As well as offering to use one of their most anticipated, and well known game to promote YOURS. Not to mention the amazing advertising they're doing with Portal 2 itself which only helps the indie developers even more. Even for the indie games not involved in the Potato Sack, the amount of people who are playing these games who don't generally buy indie games is rediculous. Lots of these people will say "Hey, I like this indie game... I'm going to buy more!" therefore helping the indie market even more.

All I can say to you people is to remind you that science rhymes with complience. You know what doesn't? Neurotoxin.
I would never have played a game like "The Ball" or "Defense Grid: Awakening", or even "The Killing Floor" without the pack. Plus there was the excitement of the ARG. Valve hit the nail on the head with this one.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 19 Apr 2011, 09:36

Aaaand I am now finished Portal 2.

Saladus

Post by Saladus » 19 Apr 2011, 09:58

Good lord, that's why I'll be waiting for the price drop before buying.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 19 Apr 2011, 13:47

It wasn't a particularly long game, but I was playing it from about 2 AM EDT until noon or so.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 19 Apr 2011, 17:40

DuplicateValue wrote:Looks like I'll be one of the small minority of Ops left to hold down the fort.

*lolsnip*
There is so much win in this post, I want to give you a hug.

Anyway, while Sneaky is trolling GLaDoS, I will WBM the hell out of Escapia if you want. :D

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 19 Apr 2011, 17:52

Lava Vents Ready. Operation F*** the World is a go!
(for those not versed in Dwarf Fortress i am reffering to the Lava based Doomsday Device built in the Boatmurdered Succession Lets Play (ominous name is ominous)
also some art of the machine being fired and the aftermath.
for_boatmurdered FTW.jpg
aftermath.jpg
just dont give Blackadder an activation key...

EDIT:
found the exact first page FTW is mentioned. (VERY NSFW ITS A NUCLEAR F-BOMB) anyway. here you go.

please note that its a lot funnier if youve read the entire thing. had me on the floor at some points.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 22 Apr 2011, 07:26

Milo_Windby wrote:Me and Dupe and the few other mods will keep the peace =D

/me no pants
Not quite. Due to lack of funds, I will be on minecraft instead :P
I can't wait :twisted:
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy