Be considerate of trees and your enviorment.

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Zinrius
Retired

Be considerate of trees and your enviorment.

Post by Zinrius » 08 Mar 2011, 20:45

We should seriously consider replanting the borders of each city to make it look appealing and rich and not so dull... I've noticed every city is just surrounded by water or a block or two of dirt.

I would advice trees richly planted around the borders of the premise at least 10 blocks away. Afraid of treepers and what not ? Then light the trees up like you would light up a regular building, you wont die doing so and you'll make nature happy.

I'm speaking out of love for forests enviorments which we lack due to the greedy nature of our players who can't seem to leave trees alone in their natural habitat... I suggest players make tree farms and stop HUNTING down forests without replanting them afterwards.

Seriously, go out there, walk a few miles and spot a tree near your cities, you'll find Zip, nothing, nada.

It's sad and I wish to raise awareness to our players to please take better care of your natural enviorments...

Everyone has the power to destroy... but also the power to heal and re-build.

Thank you for your time.

~Written by Zinrius, your tree hugging Elven friend.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

DuplicateValue
Retired

Re: Be considerate of trees and your enviorment.

Post by DuplicateValue » 08 Mar 2011, 21:00

You'll have to speak up, it's hard to hear you over the sound of my axe. :P

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 08 Mar 2011, 21:06

DuplicateValue wrote:You'll have to speak up, it's hard to hear you over the sound of my axe. :P
You monster!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 08 Mar 2011, 21:16

Solake is surrounded by mostly water, but we do have the west side that is hilly, not really my property, but I planted a lot of trees. Unfortunately, being close to spawn, noobs come through, mow down the trees, and don't replant.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 08 Mar 2011, 21:17

I love planting trees, currently have a large forest outside of my castle in fact.
Whenever I can I add more trees to the ever growing forest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 08 Mar 2011, 21:19

That must be a death-trap at night. :lol:

And... he's wonderful."

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 08 Mar 2011, 21:24

DuplicateValue wrote:That must be a death-trap at night. :lol:
Hell yeah, and that is exactly what I wanted :twisted:
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 08 Mar 2011, 21:28

Milo Windby wrote:I love planting trees, currently have a large forest outside of my castle in fact.
Whenever I can I add more trees to the ever growing forest.
wow! I must visit you sometime! :D This is exactly what I'm talking about! More people should take your example, this is perfect.
wokka1 wrote:Solake is surrounded by mostly water, but we do have the west side that is hilly, not really my property, but I planted a lot of trees. Unfortunately, being close to spawn, noobs come through, mow down the trees, and don't replant.
I understand your pain, we should seriously put some emphasis on the re-planting rule... It's serious business. But being so close to spawn and surrounded by so many illiterate people. Maybe signs that say "Do not cut trees" *shrug* Make it a general rule for the premise itself.
DuplicateValue wrote:That must be a death-trap at night. :lol:
It's a beautiful one none-the-less. We must learn to co-exist with the mobs, plus it "could" be lit up for the sake of keeping it safe.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 08 Mar 2011, 21:42

I normally reside far enough away that trees are in abundance where I am, and I replant regularly. I have a fair amount of saplings if anyone needs them; I'd be more than willing to be a "Johnny Appleseed" if desired.

It would also increase the amount of birch trees around; I remember hearing concerns about a lack of them around the cities.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 08 Mar 2011, 22:02

derigin wrote:I normally reside far enough away that trees are in abundance where I am, and I replant regularly. I have a fair amount of saplings if anyone needs them; I'd be more than willing to be a "Johnny Appleseed" if desired.

It would also increase the amount of birch trees around; I remember hearing concerns about a lack of them around the cities.
I wouldn't mind playing "Johnny Appleseed" for a while either. I think the server needs a few Johnny's dedicated to doing so and keeping an eye out. This goes out specifically to the leaders of the establishments who are inconsiderate of their city/towns surrounding enviorment and only focus on what's *in it*.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 08 Mar 2011, 23:09

There's no point in attempting to replant anywhere even remotely near spawn, due to the aforementioned noobs. We can't really stop them from cutting them down, either, since you need to cut down a tree just to get started in this game.

As for lighting the trees, that takes time and resources that most people just aren't willing to spend.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 08 Mar 2011, 23:15

SachielOne wrote:There's no point in attempting to replant anywhere even remotely near spawn, due to the aforementioned noobs. We can't really stop them from cutting them down, either, since you need to cut down a tree just to get started in this game.

As for lighting the trees, that takes time and resources that most people just aren't willing to spend.
Which brings me back to my point on how inconsiderate people are with their enviorments.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 09 Mar 2011, 03:11

Day1:players plant trees everywhere
Day2:Blackadder comes on drunk and sets the entire map on fire. thousands die.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 09 Mar 2011, 05:59

My 2,048 tree, tree farm should supply all of Corinth with enough wood to never cut down natural trees. That said, I LOVE flat, height 65 plains, with no trees, no hills, purely grass. It makes me drool. So I will murder any and all trees and "nature" to fulfill my dream. Muaha! Muahaha! Muahahahahahahahaha!

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 09 Mar 2011, 07:45

On any bit of land I own, all the trees (except tree farm trees) come down. I prefer my views unobstructed.
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 09 Mar 2011, 09:08

People! I come from the future, we dug up Ca11ex's TimeCart and used it to send back a warning.
vallorn wrote:Day1:players plant trees everywhere
Day3: The now homeless treepers destroy the remaining outposts of humanity,

day4: Those who hid deep underground are spared as fire and explosions cleanse the surface of all life, grass and seas evaporate. Lathania departs in her UFO.

day20: The all clear sounds, the survivors look out over the wasteland, and declare forests illegal.

day 22: Those who hid in vault 88 finally tunnel out after a malfunction with the lockdown system prevents use of the lift.

Granite 20: The Dwarfen caravan arrives, thinks it's taken a wrong turn and ended up at boatmurdered.

• Most cities are annihilated.
  • Out lying outposts suffer significant damage. All mob towers are inactive due to damage. Partial flooding of Atlanis dome
  • Landscape now consists of dirt and stone.
  • All hail CUT.
[/b]

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 09 Mar 2011, 09:19

tehbeard wrote:People! I come from the future, we dug up Ca11ex's TimeCart and used it to send back a warning.

day4: Those who hid deep underground are spared as fire and explosions cleanse the surface of all life, grass and seas evaporate. Lathania departs in her UFO.

day20: The all clear sounds, the survivors look out over the wasteland, and declare forests illegal.

day 22: Those who hid in vault 88 finally tunnel out after a malfunction with the lockdown system prevents use of the lift.

Granite 20: The Dwarfen caravan arrives, thinks it's taken a wrong turn and ended up at boatmurdered.

• Out lying outposts suffer significant damage. All mob towers are inactive due to damage. Partial flooding of Atlanis dome
[/b]

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 09 Mar 2011, 10:19

i love a great combined forest of trees flowers bamboo and cactus, i always replant and if it fits i terraform the complete landscape to make it look even more sweet, even got an underground paradise in sp with secret caves waterfalls tree's, bamboo and flowers,,,

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 09 Mar 2011, 14:11

I plan on having trees around Oceanside, but they'll be constructed block by block by me so they'll be easy to manage.

Plus that way they'll have shapes of my choosing.

And... he's wonderful."

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 09 Mar 2011, 14:24

DuplicateValue wrote:I plan on having trees around Oceanside, but they'll be constructed block by block by me so they'll be easy to manage.

Plus that way they'll have shapes of my choosing.
Wow that's great news! :D if you guys need help just say the word and I'll come by!

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 10 Mar 2011, 20:25

tehbeard wrote:People! I come from the future, we dug up Ca11ex's TimeCart and used it to send back a warning.

[/b]
Mutated treeper/Steve hybrids roam the Wasteland and... Bottlecaps become viable currency?
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Thoughts on How Crap the World is
My Music

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Mar 2011, 20:30

The_Fuzz22 wrote:

[/b]
Mutated treeper/Steve hybrids roam the Wasteland and... Bottlecaps become viable currency?
H-how could you know about my master plan ?... I must destroy you now...

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 10 Mar 2011, 20:36

Pah! If you're courteous I won't set my cyber-dog on you.
Agree to join forces and wander the wastes looking for people who can't be bothered to carry around/fetch their own crap and will always pay you more with a sly wink here or an uppercut there.
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Thoughts on How Crap the World is
My Music

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 12 Mar 2011, 08:11

Time to save the forest!....Oh lol wait there WAS a forest where Draconax is....but now there isnt....i know how to fix it! Ill cut down MOAR trees! :D
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

nickjf20

Post by nickjf20 » 13 Mar 2011, 06:17

Theres some pretty good plugins going now for bukkit which occasionaly plant fallen saplings from trees, meaning no more barren landscapes !
:lol: You should try some wokka

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Mar 2011, 06:21

nickjf20 wrote:Theres some pretty good plugins going now for bukkit which occasionaly plant fallen saplings from trees, meaning no more barren landscapes !
:lol: You should try some wokka
tell Haxx to try it on his server.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick