Foundings of a new settlement

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
donkypoink

Foundings of a new settlement

Post by donkypoink » 07 Mar 2011, 14:25

Settlements Name: City of Darkend

Hi there everyone, i would like to announce the beginning of a settlement that is being placed underground. So far there hasnt bin much building for we are still mining all day long.. But just to get the idea spreading and to keep everyone up to date on my plans, i opened this topic.
Spoiler! :

Beginnings of Town Hall

This is the room in wich the living quarters and market street will be placed in, so far we have about 25 more layers to dig true..
Spoiler! :

And here is a prototype design for the living quarters that i made in singleplayer, for this design we are going to need a lot of dark wood from pinetree's so if ur tired of mining just go look for pinetree.
Spoiler! :
Workshop
Red = Workshop
Black = Underground City Center
Yellow = Docks (yet to start building)
Line = Road of wich u opproach

The market street hase yet to be designed but when these are ready i will gladly edit my post.

If u feel like helping us in this project, do not hestitate and contact me, my timezone is GMT+1 and i am usually on after 4 pm
Last edited by donkypoink on 12 Mar 2011, 10:12, edited 6 times in total.

JamEngulfer221

Re: Foundings of a new settlement

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 07 Mar 2011, 16:56

I am one of the ones helping on this project an I can tell you, this is taking AGES! any and all help is appreciated, so contact donkypoink if you want to help.

You get to keep any and all minerals and blocks you excavate, so you get a whole lot of gain.

We are also in need of some materials to make tools with (not stone) so if you have anything like diamond or iron spare, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would just like to say that the site is currently underground, so you may have trouble getting in, so if you have any issues like that, contact donkypoink.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by JamEngulfer221 on 08 Mar 2011, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

JamEngulfer221

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 07 Mar 2011, 17:01

In addition to that, if you are an avid tree farmer you would be very welcome here, as our tree farm needs much improvement!

Our attempts to get the farm started haven't been very successful so far, so we need YOUR help, yes, YOU!

The wood is used for the creation of more tools to further the mining.

If you have any enquiries, please contact either me or donkypoink, thank you.

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 07 Mar 2011, 21:12

What are the coords?

JamEngulfer221

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 08 Mar 2011, 02:42

Godavari wrote:What are the coords?
The co-ords are -750 1500 (give or take), but the project is hidden, so you won't be able to find your way in. Just talk to DonkyPoink to find your way in.

Please don't dig down randomly, you will just fall a long way to your death.

JamEngulfer221

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 08 Mar 2011, 02:44

UPDATE:

There is an issue with a dark spot somewhere in the area, causing a creeper and a zombie to spawn. If anyone can help get rid of them and light up the cave system we have dug into it would be appreciated.

Edit: We have a monster spawning crisis here. I can't figure out where they are coming from, so I need people to light up the whole place to stop them. Thanks!

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 08 Mar 2011, 04:35

JamEngulfer221 wrote:UPDATE:

There is an issue with a dark spot somewhere in the area, causing a creeper and a zombie to spawn. If anyone can help get rid of them and light up the cave system we have dug into it would be appreciated.

Edit: We have a monster spawning crisis here. I can't figure out where they are coming from, so I need people to light up the whole place to stop them. Thanks!
If you have any problems just place a sign on the messenge board and i'll make sure it gets solved, also if you got any news and ur post is still the most recent one, just edit ur post, also u changed the picture in daytime :)

JamEngulfer221

Post by JamEngulfer221 » 08 Mar 2011, 13:47

donkypoink wrote:
JamEngulfer221 wrote:UPDATE:

If you have any problems just place a sign on the messenge board and i'll make sure it gets solved, also if you got any news and ur post is still the most recent one, just edit ur post, also u changed the picture in daytime :)
Ok, problem solved. There are no monsters spawning anymore. Crisis averted.

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 12 Mar 2011, 09:47

Post Update, i added some new pictures and i've given our effort a name :)