what has happened?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
arogon343

what has happened?

Post by arogon343 » 17 Feb 2011, 11:32

at first you will think delete post but please hear me out.
i would like to know what has happened with haxxorzd00d because as far as i or anyone ive talked to knows there is no real reason why haxx has been banned and i want to know why.
i am trying to represent the non-mod players here.
haxx was a valued member of the server and i cant think of a reason why he would be ...betrayed in such a way?
furthermore haxx was one of the only mods who i reely had a connection with and one of the only mods who i could trust as well as one of my favorites.
i am deeply saddened by his loss and i want to see him back on the server or at the least a vote, or at the very least the reason or the main reason for his permanant ban from both the forums and the server.
please consider my words i want no trouble but if i have to be the one to speak out, so be it.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: what has happened?

Post by SneakyPie » 17 Feb 2011, 11:46

The Fab Five have said the details of the banning were on a need to know basis.

I'm not sure if they plan on revealing the details publicly or not.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Feb 2011, 11:48

I laugh every time I read "the Fab Five".

Sounds like a really camp team of superheroes. :lol:

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 17 Feb 2011, 11:57

to the fab five :
please dont lock this i would like you to know the opinion of the other players on the server
to hopefuly at least show you what we think on the matter.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Feb 2011, 12:20

unless we know what Haxx was banned for i think this will stir up resntment. Haxx was a popular mod and the F5 need to back this up with more than "dont talk about it" we found out about Herp and this will be no different but trying to cover it up will reduce Player trust in the mod team.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Post by 697134002 » 17 Feb 2011, 12:23

Yeah. You're just making us frustrated by not telling us at least the basic reasons why you banned one of the most known people on the server.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

viaticsnarsnar

Post by viaticsnarsnar » 17 Feb 2011, 12:31

idk wat happened, but i think i have a theory. The fab 5 didnt really like haxx, so they made a plan to an him. they waited for something big to happen so they could ban him for unknown reasons. I think once sneaky left and they had the power they banned him and r now saying it is for unknown reasons. udk this is just my thoery, maybe haxx was becoming to popular/powerful and they had to take him down idk...just my theory

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 17 Feb 2011, 12:32

viaticsnarsnar wrote:idk wat happened, but i think i have a theory. The fab 5 didnt really like haxx, so they made a plan to an him. they waited for something big to happen so they could ban him for unknown reasons. I think once sneaky left and they had the power they banned him and r now saying it is for unknown reasons. udk this is just my thoery, maybe haxx was becoming to popular/powerful and they had to take him down idk...just my theory
I can assure you this was not at all the case.

I would encourage you not to spread "theories" without facts.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Feb 2011, 12:32

okay this is silly. Black doesnt like this and Haxx was the only admin online at the time so he didnt go outside the chain of command.
Last edited by vallorn on 17 Feb 2011, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Feb 2011, 12:33

A wild accusation appears!

And... he's wonderful."

davejavu
Rodney

Post by davejavu » 17 Feb 2011, 12:34

hang on.. Haxx was banned??

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 17 Feb 2011, 12:35

well, the theories WILL spread without the facts, and since we apparently don't get facts from you …

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Feb 2011, 12:36

davejavu wrote:hang on.. Haxx was banned??
N'aww, that's okay kid, the big glowing announcements escape me too sometimes. :lol:

And... he's wonderful."

davejavu
Rodney

Post by davejavu » 17 Feb 2011, 12:38

haha, iv only just found out..

Frosty

Post by Frosty » 17 Feb 2011, 12:46

davejavu wrote:haha, iv only just found out..
What does this mean?

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 17 Feb 2011, 12:47

Rightio then, before this gets out of hand, I'm gonna just show where I stand on this:

On one hand, I feel that (unless the reason is likely to cause uproar), it's only fair that we should get to know why one of our moderators was banned, just as we would if it was anyone else.

On the other hand, if the mods feel that it is likely to result in arguments, and general disruption on here, then I respect why they would want to keep it quiet.

That being said, if I was asked to predict which of the mods were ever likely to be banned, Haxx wouldn't have been one of them, so I'm curious...

And... he's wonderful."

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 17 Feb 2011, 13:15

I have to say that I was unsure of whether or not the post stating that Haxx was banned was serious or not at first. I mean, the fact that there were no explainations or anything just seemed really odd.

Of course, I'm very curious to know why, but if the higher ups feel that they need to keep it secret, so be it.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 17 Feb 2011, 13:26

mydrox wrote:well, the theories WILL spread without the facts, and since we apparently don't get facts from you …
It's not my place to discuss this kind of information anymore.

This is up to the Fab Five now.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 17 Feb 2011, 13:30

Speculation will run rampant until someone gives us an answer. Make no mistake, this situation has the potential to cause a mass exodus of some of the major players on this server.

viaticsnarsnar

Post by viaticsnarsnar » 17 Feb 2011, 13:50

sorry for spreading stuff, i was just putting out my theorie

UnusualStranger

Post by UnusualStranger » 17 Feb 2011, 14:49

Alright.....Since I am feeling odd today, let me put some thoughts down here.

Usually, I wouldn't care too much about bans of players. Usually, from what I read, they deserve it. However, from the one post that I saw, that declared him banned, it made it quite a bit worse from the very start. Banned for.....what? It sounds like that a few people voted, banned him, and then felt that there was no need to say anything other than they did. I have not heard of him breaking everything in the world, or abusing other players. In fact, everyone seems more than ready to place blame on the votes rather than the person kicked, because they knew of them with nothing wrong.

Next....the act alone is....just a break in faith. So, some few people can just simply show up, ban, and then say that they don't want to say anything? I mean, it sounds less like the griefers are in trouble, and more like pissing off the wrong person gets you banned for no reason other than "He said stuff I didn't agree with, so they are gone forever." Heh....Why not just go for the full "Fear will keep the local stations in line, fear of this battle station"

And I guess lastly....Reputation is kind of on the line. I guess the beginnings of this thread is a fine example. First thing that happened? Someone theorized that it was purely political reasons that the player in question was kicked. Oddly enough, it didn't surprise me in the slightest, as I remember a few conversations had which made me question the environment of the admins and mods where it was becoming a "Us Vs everyone else" mentality. Perhaps its my DOW thoughts speaking to me, but it sounds like the first step on a long road of disappointments.

So yeah......Just how I'm seeing things as they unfold right now. Lets see what happens next.
In a land of Mods, I am the voice that utters that which people fear.

Oh yes, I know this.

davejavu
Rodney

Post by davejavu » 17 Feb 2011, 15:05

Frosty wrote:
davejavu wrote:haha, iv only just found out..
What does this mean?
It means I was laughing at what Duplicate said - not laughing at haxx being banned.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 17 Feb 2011, 15:16

viaticsnarsnar wrote:idk wat happened, but i think i have a theory. The fab 5 didnt really like haxx, so they made a plan to an him. they waited for something big to happen so they could ban him for unknown reasons. I think once sneaky left and they had the power they banned him and r now saying it is for unknown reasons. udk this is just my thoery, maybe haxx was becoming to popular/powerful and they had to take him down idk...just my theory
No... I've been on this server for months, and I can happily say there is no way anything like this would happen.

On the topic, I understand entirely why the mods don't want to tell us, so I'm not going to ask (as long as my curiosity doesn't force me :D ).

I personally do have a theory, but I can't see why it'd result in a ban rather than just a demotion.

I do feel sorry for Haxx, because I know he has been on this server almost since the beginning, and I can't think of him doing anything on purpose that would get him banned, but as the mods have said, it's on a need to know basis, and there's no reason for us to continuously bug them about it.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 17 Feb 2011, 15:17

Guys, a small bit of patience on the answers please, for now, I'm going to lock this, until a clear answer is posted. The mods are all scattered around the globe, all have jobs/school, so be patient please.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 17 Feb 2011, 16:52

When i come home from work ill explain on vent. I cant stand to see the you guys like this :(

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.