Q&A about the Server

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
wokka1
Server Owner

Q&A about the Server

Post by wokka1 » 16 Feb 2011, 18:50

I know the regulars will know most of these questions, but I thought I'd give our newer members a chance learn a bit and ask questions in an open session. You can find a bit about me in the Bio posting: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=5&t=839 and I do talk a bit about the server and the specs on it.

I can't promise I'll answer every question, we do have a couple of trade secrets, but any questions is open game about the server, me, how I run things, etc.

So, fire away.

MrWhales

Re: Q&A about the Server

Post by MrWhales » 16 Feb 2011, 21:59

I tried to think of a satirical newbie question... But i has failed

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 18 Feb 2011, 23:31

Several questions came up today during Sneaky's Q&A that he said that needed to be defered to me. Please feel free to ask questions here and I'll answer as best as I can.

One that came up, again, from Vallorn, about the VIP+ colors, and Sneaky was correct, its an automated problem with the auto-vet upgrades. I know Haxx was willing to do these by hand, Sneaky and I both have done those by hand, and it gets tiresome, espeically when you have people posting, "when is my vet upgrade?"

I'll restore the color as soon as we get better plugin support, not before then, my apologies, but its only a color.

I will say that there is too much elitism around that color, and it needs to stop. Default, VIP, Veteran and VIP+ are all players, equal. Some of you can use another block or another command, but you are all players.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 18 Feb 2011, 23:50

Yes, I'm still listening to the Q&A audio :)

Cartography issue came up, so please go read this thread: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 214#p14214

I did mess with it, just didn't make any progress. For now, this will stay disabled until I can find a solution to the issue.