MODS WANTED: CAN HELP PERMANENTLY REMOVE GRIEFING

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
supagama

MODS WANTED: CAN HELP PERMANENTLY REMOVE GRIEFING

Post by supagama » 11 Feb 2011, 15:13

Very simply, I have made blueprints for a device that should take care of stealing and griefing forever! However, due to some of the required materials and tests, players are physically incapable of helping. Note: mod(s) should be really experienced in redstone circuits.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Re: MODS WANTED: CAN HELP PERMANENTLY REMOVE GRIEFING

Post by DuplicateValue » 11 Feb 2011, 15:19

This sounds like something that will probably not work.

No offence, you're just giving off a crazed inventor vibe is all. :lol:

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

supagama

Post by supagama » 11 Feb 2011, 15:23

DuplicateValue wrote:This sounds like something that will probably not work.

lol, you make a good point, and im sure this wont change your opinion, but i can't post the blueprints and i can't do it without a mod, but if this works, you just might thank me

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 11 Feb 2011, 16:04

What you got in mind?
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 11 Feb 2011, 18:09

supagama wrote:
DuplicateValue wrote:This sounds like something that will probably not work.

lol, you make a good point, and im sure this wont change your opinion, but i can't post the blueprints and i can't do it without a mod, but if this works, you just might thank me
Stranger things have happened. :lol:

I'm actually quite interested to see this design whenever it gets done.

And... he's wonderful."

Crashendo

Post by Crashendo » 11 Feb 2011, 19:43

It must be a more sophisticated version of the VCLB!
<Place epic signature appropriate for Crashendo here>

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 11 Feb 2011, 20:08

Crashendo wrote:It must be a more sophisticated version of the VCLB!
no thats the Dance Floor
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 12 Feb 2011, 16:47

I also have a trap for griefers. At the entrance to every town, have a decoy house made of rare mats-brick, mossy cobble, maybe some gold. On the outside of the home have signs:
"Do Not Enter unless invited"
"Do not tresspass"
"Do not steal from the chest"
If they do enter, you could have a pit of no return similar to the one in spawn. That way, the only way they can get out is to get a mod to release them. Hopefully this will funnel the griefers into these traps and render them harmless to the server if no mods are on. I think this would also be an entertaining project for the mods for them to make the most luring traps, and entertaining to the players to see griefers fall for these traps. If not, I would be willing to pay for one for my settlement.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 12 Feb 2011, 17:29

jagorrax wrote:I also have a trap for griefers. At the entrance to every town, have a decoy house made of rare mats-brick, mossy cobble, maybe some gold. On the outside of the home have signs:
"Do not tresspass"
If they do enter, you could have a pit of no return similar to the one in spawn. That way, the only way they can get out is to get a mod to release them. Hopefully this will funnel the griefers into these traps and render them harmless to the server if no mods are on. I think this would also be an entertaining project for the mods for them to make the most luring traps, and entertaining to the players to see griefers fall for these traps. If not, I would be willing to pay for one for my settlement.
The problem is (and this is why the original trap was removed from spawn) there is no way to stop the incessant whining of the people caught in the trap.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 12 Feb 2011, 17:33

SachielOne wrote:
jagorrax wrote:I also have a trap for griefers. At the entrance to every town, have a decoy house made of rare mats-brick, mossy cobble, maybe some gold. On the outside of the home have signs:
"Do not tresspass"
The problem is (and this is why the original trap was removed from spawn) there is no way to stop the incessant whining of the people caught in the trap.
They can be muted, can't they?

And... he's wonderful."

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 12 Feb 2011, 17:33

SachielOne wrote:
"Do not tresspass"
You never know, Cuboid may update with the option to make anyone entering a specific Cuboid unable to communicate with anyone outside of it.
DuplicateValue wrote:
They can be muted, can't they?
Doesn't last forever. Logging in and out resets that, and what if a mod isn't on to mute the whining player? Plus, why would we even spend time doing that? We'd ban them if they'd broken the rules clearly stated on the signs.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 12 Feb 2011, 17:46

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:Doesn't last forever. Logging in and out resets that, and what if a mod isn't on to mute the whining player? Plus, why would we even spend time doing that? We'd ban them if they'd broken the rules clearly stated on the signs.
Heh, true.

And... he's wonderful."

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 12 Feb 2011, 18:36

supagama wrote:Very simply, I have made blueprints for a device that should take care of stealing and griefing forever! However, due to some of the required materials and tests, players are physically incapable of helping. Note: mod(s) should be really experienced in redstone circuits.
Um.... if you plan to put this near Maybe, since your the only other person there, let me know.... I'm slightly concerned

Hahsime

Post by Hahsime » 12 Feb 2011, 19:20

It takes a while to clear out a chest, if you were to say have the floor as a bridge that was connected to a clock circuit activated by a circuit that activated the door they would walk in, raid the chest, and fall into a pit of no return while grabbing the contents.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 12 Feb 2011, 19:37

Hashime wrote:It takes a while to clear out a chest, if you were to say have the floor as a bridge that was connected to a clock circuit activated by a circuit that activated the door they would walk in, raid the chest, and fall into a pit of no return while grabbing the contents.
I like this soo much, so Indiana Jones.

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 13 Feb 2011, 20:11

supagama wrote:Very simply, I have made blueprints for a device that should take care of stealing and griefing forever! However, due to some of the required materials and tests, players are physically incapable of helping. Note: mod(s) should be really experienced in redstone circuits.
In my opinion this would never work. Nothing can stop griefers. NOTHING! (Except cuboiding the whole map...) Same thing for thives, nothing can stop them except for locking every chest on the map.
Last edited by Lord_Mountbatten on 13 Feb 2011, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To delete that Uber Geek emoticon. This post is one of abject pessimism and has no hallmarks that may in any way distinguish it as geeky. Last time I checked, saying something will never work isn't particularly geeky.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 13 Feb 2011, 20:19

MCfreak123 wrote:
In my opinion this would never work. Nothing can stop griefers. NOTHING! (Except cuboiding the whole map...) Same thing for thives, nothing can stop them except for locking every chest on the map. :ugeek:
You do not even know what the plan is... so before you knock it why not see what the plan is, eh?
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Crashendo

Post by Crashendo » 14 Feb 2011, 23:37

Say, supagama, can you give a description of this "device" you have in mind? :D ...please?...
<Place epic signature appropriate for Crashendo here>

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 17 Feb 2011, 20:07

Milo Windby wrote:
MCfreak123 wrote:
In my opinion this would never work. Nothing can stop griefers. NOTHING! (Except cuboiding the whole map...) Same thing for thives, nothing can stop them except for locking every chest on the map. :ugeek:
You do not even know what the plan is... so before you knock it why not see what the plan is, eh?
I guess...