Project Raven - LoZ OoT: The Fire Temple (Updated)

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Lathania
Retired

Project Raven - LoZ OoT: The Fire Temple (Updated)

Post by Lathania » 08 Feb 2011, 09:18

Hey Listen! I, as well as my Project Raven Agents have quite the project in development, we're building the Fire Temple from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! It's located to the west of IC but be careful, it's a long drop! So far I've completed 3 rooms, 2 of which are shown in the images below. For more up to date screenshots and information, always check the folder in Dropbox.

The Fire Temple is going to be as close as possible to both the aesthetics and ratio of the actual temple, however it is designed purposely for my texture pack so keep that in mind if you're lucky enough to get shown around. The temple on completion will be fully functional. By this, I mean that each room will have solvable puzzles and traps that need to be solved in order to progress, eventuating in the Boss Room (Once you've found the Boss Key of course!) However, each room won't have random problem solving... It will be the same as in the game!

I've discovered that I can replicate almost every feature of the Fire Temple from Ocarina of Time, for example: "You enter the fire temple, (Woah this place is huge!) to your right you see a wooden door and to your left one of iron. You can't enter through the iron door, there isn't any way to open it! You take the wooden door to the left. In this room you find platforms that need to be carefully navigated, don't want to fall into the lava! You come across a cage, in this jail-cell looking cage you can see a chest. (And a Goron, cowering in fear at the thought of being next for the sacrifice to Volvagia.) Opening the gate to the cage with a nearby lever, (freeing the Goron in exchange for a handy tip involving not standing in fire) you open the chest *plays box opening music*

You have found Button! Place Button next to locked doors with (R) and open them with (L)!

Don't think that it will be limited to the key find order, with help from redstone, Cuboid and Craftbook i've so far thought of ways to replicate features such as doors that lock behind you, the fire maze, megaton switches, pressure switches and [Project Raven Advises following content is top secret] The Hookshot.

This is quite a large project and although we'll totally finish before IC, I'm looking to expand my exclusive Agency here at Project Raven. For those interested in helping applicants must be unrealistically huge LoZ fans, be creative and have an open mind, Craftbook and redstone knowledge is a must! There are too numerous of rooms and puzzles to create by myself and due to the lack of fights possible to make in Minecraft, special additions to the temple will be made for those hardcore fans who think they'll breeze through. "Don't think you will escape The Game, untested."

More players will be allowed to assist once the Fire Temple is complete, and we get to work on Death Mountain that we will build around it. Additionally due to the nature and size of this, I regret to inform you that most players will not have the opportunity to run it (It will take around 30 minutes just to reset and a hour minimum to complete.) Never fear however, I do have plans of running groups of 3 through at a time and of course contests will be had for free runs through the temple. I might even offer a run for a price if it becomes heavily popular.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jagorrax
Retired

Re: Project Raven - LoZ OoT: The Fire Temple

Post by jagorrax » 08 Feb 2011, 16:21

This looks really cool.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 08 Feb 2011, 16:50

Lath this is a great idea, if you need any help give me a shout.
Lets just hope I don't put boats everywhere in an act of desperate, suicidal and eventually satisfying revenge, eh? ;)
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 08 Feb 2011, 16:53

Delphi, I'll bring the lava...

Lathania
Retired

Re: Project Raven - LoZ OoT: The Fire Temple (Updated)

Post by Lathania » 09 Feb 2011, 03:12

Updated! Sorry about that. Try to keep it on topic guys :) Thanks for the offer Vallorn! I'll certainly be calling on you for mats when my stockpile runs out.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 09 Feb 2011, 03:26

I really love the design for this :)

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 09 Feb 2011, 05:26

LordStompy / Skunk_Giant this is the room we're up too. The decagon. Note the placement of the pillars. If this is too hard we can go less sides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 10 Feb 2011, 19:09

Can i get Pm'ed the coords instead? Idk what and where IC is so yeah. I really want to help, Ocarina of TIme was one of my favorite games :D
~The Fulk
ImageImage

Fenreil

Post by Fenreil » 11 Feb 2011, 11:14

This.....looks really fucking cool. Remind me to get that texture pack when I run it after it's done.

You know, it's really nice to see someone come up with a replication idea, and then actually do it, and make it awesome in the process. Everybody and their brother has suggested recreating zelda stuff in the past, but this is the first time I've actually seen it.
At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box.

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 11 Feb 2011, 22:23

I have good and bad news everyone. The cuboided area I was building in was causing some massive lag on the server whenever someone tp'ed there / logged in. So we're going to relocate due north of the flower tower, and I need some workers! It'll be great! "The pay is shit, but the work is hard."

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 12 Feb 2011, 18:39

Aaaand now I'll be getting my house cuboided. Or relocating everything to the inside of the Giga Puddi. Whichever.

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 13 Feb 2011, 00:11

It's a fair way north and Mydrox said it was far away enough =) That said, you never know when i'll be mining and accidentally let off an Ion Cannon blast due south!

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 13 Feb 2011, 03:02

Ok everyone, Let the work begin! I've relocated an area as shown in the pic. We're starting to dig from the bottom up so I can continue working on the FT whilst people are digging. There's a giant lightstone fence around the area so you can't miss it. I give permission for anyone to join the dig under mod supervision (you'll need someone to add you to the cuboid) But ensure you don't go over the cuboided area! For now just dig towards the middle from wherever you are, this should start to give us a cavern of sorts.
Untitled.jpg
A special thanks to LordStompy, Mydrox, Wildwill002, Random980, dave and Sarevokk for the awesome work so far on helping me get started on the fire temple now that it's moved! Hopefully I can resume construction tomorrow thanks to the efforts of you guys!

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 19 Feb 2011, 08:51

After a week we're progressing quite well. We've dug over 200,000 blocks and we're getting more and more regular members. Other than what players find, I'm also paying you. Now I've setup boxes, please put your name on a sign and lock it with /lwc create private. I'll pay when I believe you've earned each "paycheck" into the boxes. If we can get to y= 30 this week I can start to repair and build the Fire Temple itself.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 19 Feb 2011, 12:39

Lathania wrote: Image
RUN LINK RUN!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

powerfulkingt
Team Enigma

Post by powerfulkingt » 22 Feb 2011, 00:16

After this is done (which might take a while) can we do a 1:1 scale of Ganon's Tower? =D Just an Idea hopefully that catches on :mrgreen:
~The Fulk
ImageImage

Sarevokk

Post by Sarevokk » 22 Feb 2011, 08:30

Lathania, I have been trying to join the dig again, but it seems our timezones aren't helping. Is there another mod supervising the dig and giving instructions when you aren't on? I ask, because last time the pickaxe ran out with a lot of room still to dig. Are tools still being provided or do we make our own? Anyways, I want to help again, I just don't know who to ask.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 22 Feb 2011, 08:33

I've been helping provide tools and transportation to the Fire Temple when I've been on.

Lathania
Retired

LoZ OoT: The Fire Temple - *Building has started again*

Post by Lathania » 22 Feb 2011, 09:29

There are 2 boxes with picks in them in the event im not online. Additionally, we've slowed production at FT and workers will no longer be paid on an hourly basis but on a whenever the hell I feel like time schedule. I only need a few people to slowly neaten things up for now, it will be at least 2 weeks before I need more space to expand.

For those who are still intent on working, the floaty platform on Y=17 needs mining, and otherwise take the golden stairs to Floor 3.

Also. Keep out of the Temple. I hired mobs.