Help Build TNA's Spawn

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
derigin
Retired

Help Build TNA's Spawn

Post by derigin » 19 Feb 2014, 16:01

Greetings all!

For those not currently in-the-know, we're going to try something different with our latest world's spawn this time around. In the last few worlds our spawn was more or less a lifeless monument to the work of staff, and wasn't really all that exciting for players to stick around in. Unlike these past few worlds (Tolteca, Borjan, Fyra, Terra), I'd like to try to make the spawn a lively place, full of player-created structures, houses, shops, and so on. The plan is to eventually have plugins, like economy or NPCs, that could also operate in the spawn. But I'd also like to see players make the spawn a lively place to be - maybe even their homes, if they want. A central city for the world, so to speak.

The thing with our spawn is that we can always change anything around - remove structures that we created which aren't useful, re-purpose old structures into new ones, or simply build new things. No matter what idea you have in mind, we can pull it off. All you need to do to work on spawn is two things: find a free spot to build on and contact me (derigin) in-game to set you up with permission to build. Just a forewarning: we wont be supplying mats (you must supply your own) and there are certain areas of the spawn which have specific purposes. I've labeled out the areas on the map below:

• Spawn Island: This area is free for building, except for the spire.
  • Arena Island: This is the same as the spawn island.
  • Tutorial Island: This island is reserved for the tutorial and other structures of learning.
  • Moderator's Island: This island is reserved for the staff only.
  • Zoo Island: A fun area to show off the mobs of the game.
EDIT: One last comment. The spawn can always change, so if there's a server-built structure that doesn't quite work where it is right now, we can move it or get rid of and replace it. This place is meant to be a meeting place for the community, so let's try to do that. :)