The New Adventure - First info

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
wokka1
Server Owner

The New Adventure - First info

Post by wokka1 » 20 Dec 2013, 13:59

Greetings all and happy holidays! Just in time for the winter break, we are pleased to announce the forthcoming release of our first world utilizing 1.7's new world generation: TNA or "The New Adventure."

TNA, or "Tina" as it is affectionately known among staff, represents a turning point for our server. For the last few years, new survival worlds have simply been additions or expansions to our older survival worlds, and so have shared inventories and a shared (and sluggish) server. With TNA this is not the case. TNA is a fresh start! From this point on, we hope to reinvigorate our server by presenting to you, our valued players, a new beginning that brings together your wants and needs through an improved gaming experience.

What does it mean for "The New Adventure" to be a "fresh start"? Well, for starters, TNA will be separate from our other survival worlds. Unlike our other survival worlds which share a single server and a single "world", TNA will have its own server. We hope this will improve performance (less lag, less bugs) and the maintenance of the server (making it easier for the admins to fix and upgrade things!). We also plan to (eventually) stick with the one survival world; the world will grow larger with more and more updates... kinda like the layers of an onion. We will have plenty of transportation options at the spawn to reach out to the rest of the world, so you wont have the problem of walking endlessly to get anywhere. Our hope is for TNA to be the hub of our community; a fun, interactive, and active world!

In striving to create such a world, we are focusing on a number of key features for TNA:
  1. Firstly, we want TNA to be an ongoing, organic community-driven world. This starts with the spawn. When you enter TNA you will find yourself on an island archipelago featuring a spire, a small village, a racetrack, an arena, a number of transportation options, information centres and plenty of open space. This will be the hub of the world; a place where you could set up shop, meet up with folks, engage with others, and showcase your talents. As we add new features to TNA, we hope to integrate them into the spawn and work with you to make the spawn meaningful to you; we want you to contribute to it as the world grows. This will be your world, after all.
  2. Secondly, we aim to streamline the whole landclaim process and make it easier for you to protect your stuff. Gone are the days of complicated cuboids and constant moderator intervention. For TNA, we are using Grief Prevention as a tool for you to protect your stuff and set up your landclaims. We still ask that you follow our rules with landclaim (particularly towards making it clear to others what you own and being reasonable about how much land you claim), but from this point on we hope to make the whole process of claiming land and protecting that land easier for you.
  3. Thirdly, we are determined to review what works and what doesn't and improve upon your server experience. Part of having a new beginning is to take advantage of it and reorganize the way we do things. In the coming weeks and months you will likely see all sorts of new plugins being added to TNA, new perks for VIP and donations, new cauldrons, and perhaps new staff. On top of that, behind-the-scenes our admins have been hard at work at improving the performance and stability of the server. We hope this will show through your experiences on TNA.
  4. Lastly, and most importantly, we want you to enjoy yourself on TNA! We exist as a server because you are willing to stick around and spend your free time playing with our community. We want to find ways to challenge you, but also make your experiences here enjoyable and worthwhile. We want to see TNA driven by you, built by you, and given meaning by you. We hope to see our community flourish and thrive again. Whatever we can do to make that experience best for you, we will try to do.
We know and we recognize that a fresh start might not be what all of you might want. If that's the case, do not despair! Your past works are not lost; you will have time and opportunity to save your works and perhaps even transfer some of the more reasonable ones. Your memories will live on; we cherish what you've done for the server, and would love to see you keep those memories alive in a new environment. If your concern is your vast amount of wealth... well... unfortunately TNA is a new adventure and we hope to see you mining and trading again on even, equal ground. That said, every step of the way you will be a part of this new world - bringing together new ideas that we might be able to implement. We just hope you have fun!

So that's "The New Adventure." It's a brand new world with brand new features and it's coming very soon. It's a "fresh start" that we hope will go in a great direction with YOU in mind! Oh, and did we say that the world will feature every new biome? ;) Stay tuned for its upcoming release!

To all the staff who have contributed to getting TNA ready, thank you.

From all the staff at Escapecraft, we wish all you folks happy holidays!

If you have any questions, just ask them. We will answer them for you.

Josh349
Site Contributor

Re: The New Adventure - First info

Post by Josh349 » 20 Dec 2013, 14:21

Yay :D Looking forward to it, great stuff :)

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 20 Dec 2013, 15:23

I think it'd probably be appropriate to explain how TNA got the name "TiNA" while it was in work (some non-staff with photogenic memory may remember this moment):
Spoiler! :
Invunarble wrote:Probably one of the most useful bits of information I can ever contribute is to NEVER use /r to message someone privately about confidential info. This proved to be true when I was having a conversation with asi, and instead of typing /r, I typed /t... a catastrophe ensured.
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [t] Invunarble: Nah, writing something on the mod forum about TNA
Another amazing bit of advice I can offer is that the word "TNA" sounds incredibly close to "Tina"...
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [t] Invunarble: I mean, tina
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [t] Tothewhat: ooo invun has a girlfriend
[20:52] <SurvivalBot> [t] Invunarble: Yeah >.> we just got together pretty recently
I can say I nearly suffered a heart attack after seeing I had derped to such a incredible level, as seen by my response in modchat:
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] Tothewhat: ..
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] Invunarble: FUCK FUCK FUCK
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] Invunarble: SHITTTT
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] Invunarble: NOOO
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] asi1998: what?
[20:51] <Vallorn> ?
[20:51] <SurvivalBot> [m] Invunarble: DAMMIT! >:(
[20:51] <Tulonsae> problem, invun?
[20:52] <SurvivalBot> [m] Sti_Jo_Lew: DAMMIT INVUN
[20:52] <Vallorn> Invuns first modpower derp?
[20:52] <SurvivalBot> [m] Invunarble: I leaked TNA, kinda covered it up
[20:52] <SurvivalBot> [m] Tothewhat: Yeah..
[20:52] <Tulonsae> oops
[20:52] <Vallorn> Invun... you dickbat
So, I guess the moral of the story is, NEVER NEVER EVER EVER AT ALL EVER use quick chat prefixes when talking about confidential information like this. :shock:
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 20 Dec 2013, 15:59

LOL, I was wondering when the story was going to come out.

Also, a bit of history, we've been planning this for many months now, waiting on Mojang to force us to create a new world, planning, making many, many changes to the design, simplifying, etc.

The in joke was that Tina was the project, and invun's gf, it almost was, as much time as he spent helping with it.

arizons

Post by arizons » 20 Dec 2013, 17:46

SOUNDS LIKE FUN :-)
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

reikoNeko
Retired

Post by reikoNeko » 20 Dec 2013, 21:24

The test world for 1.7.2 was so much fun, I can't wait for TNA to open.
Also, I'm glad it was invun, not me, who botched the channel. :)

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 20 Dec 2013, 22:57

all hail TiNA!!!!!!!!!!
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 21 Dec 2013, 00:14

MayorLennie wrote:all hail TiNA!!!!!!!!!!
So my girlfriend is being worshipped as a god now? This gets better and better.

random980

Post by random980 » 21 Dec 2013, 01:39

SO going to make an Australian themed town in a red dessert biome. Already trying to think of a pun for Nullarbor to be the name...

Also yes we are having this discussion again!
http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =5&t=10177
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 21 Dec 2013, 03:48

I'll hide this info here, but we'll make an announcement about it in the coming weeks. With the fresh start, we'll have a lot of people asking about the old maps and we'll make them available for download, so you don't lose your builds or memories.

I'll start by posting up for download, Ver1 and Ver2 maps, converted into the latest formats so that they will load in single player or on your own server.

Ver 1
Ver 2

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 21 Dec 2013, 11:35

Invunarble wrote:some non-staff with photogenic memory
I call bullshit. Memories just don't photograph well.

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 21 Dec 2013, 12:12

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Invunarble wrote:some non-staff with photogenic memory
I call bullshit. Memories just don't photograph well.
The trick is to remove the skull first lord.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 21 Dec 2013, 14:45

Then all you have to do is remove the cerebral cortex, and you'll be able to photograph ALL of the memories Lord!

Losarot
Retired

Post by Losarot » 21 Dec 2013, 17:58

The colors in the new world are too much to compare. The colors man, the colors.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 21 Dec 2013, 23:36

wokka1 wrote:LOL, I was wondering when the story was going to come out.

Also, a bit of history, we've been planning this for many months now, waiting on Mojang to force us to create a new world, planning, making many, many changes to the design, simplifying, etc.

The in joke was that Tina was the project, and invun's gf, it almost was, as much time as he spent helping with it.
It's actually been a year. Happy anniversary Invun.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 22 Dec 2013, 12:55

In honor of the upcoming changes, I present you an easter egg in the game, look for it on the 23rd after the server restart. We'll try to do a few things for fun during this time of change.

Also, for those of you who remembered the end of ver2 when we launched ver3, we will have a celebration on the server again. When that exact day gets determined, we'll announce it here on the forums.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 24 Dec 2013, 22:59

for those of you who didn't find the easter egg, type /kit in game.

Everyone is granted royalty until the new map comes out, you are the same group as you were before, I just changed the prefix and color of your group.

Happy Holidays from the Escapecraft Staff.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 26 Dec 2013, 00:45

Finally. A new world that is completely cut off from the old ones.

Now I just need to catch up on the past year or so of Minecraft's updates.

reikoNeko
Retired

Post by reikoNeko » 26 Dec 2013, 21:24

Will the TNA nether have the standard 1:8 ratio relative to the main world, the 1:1 of Fyra and Borjan, or another scale?

While 1:8 will make nether goods and land really scarce, I do think a 1:4 or 1:2 scale would be good for the transportation benefits.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 26 Dec 2013, 21:54

The plan is for the nether to be 1:3 according to Tulonsae who is setting it up.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 26 Dec 2013, 22:46

We tested a 1:8 nether, it was just way to small and would limit resources too much, we are going to try out 1:3 and see how it works.

With a 1500 radius world, it will give us 500 radius nether.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 29 Dec 2013, 16:55

In addition to the 1:3 ratio for nether, I've reduced the distance between nether portals that go to "new" portals in the nether. My testing showed it was a really large distance before, and I made it half of that. So it's still a lot, but much more reasonable.

Also, you will still not be able to create portals in the nether. You must create them in the overworld and then it will place (or use) one in the netherworld.
--Tulonsae

ato784

Post by ato784 » 02 Jan 2014, 15:08

will the creative and enigma worlds be kept from pre-TNA?

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 02 Jan 2014, 22:19

We aren't getting rid of them, just waiting until a time when we can work on them and update, plus I'm also waiting to see if we have enough interest in them before putting the resources towards them. Server census has been low lately, we'll see if TNA revitalizes things.

BFTsquaidsy2

Post by BFTsquaidsy2 » 03 Jan 2014, 22:28

Server Census has been low! there are like 8 people on right now me included. I remember when there were like 50 at least, even when it was to full that I couldn't get on.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 04 Jan 2014, 15:08

I know there are several people like myself who are waiting for the release of TNA before returning. Hopefully it's release will revitalize our community somewhat. Maybe even attract new players!
Orange and white, but not quite right.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 05 Jan 2014, 00:44

That's the hope :)

TEKNOVIRUS
Retired

Post by TEKNOVIRUS » 05 Jan 2014, 16:54

Woo! Can't wait to like build something like.
Patbutalsorick in-game

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 08 Jan 2014, 19:58

AAAAW YUS!
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

BFTsquaidsy2

Post by BFTsquaidsy2 » 15 Jan 2014, 00:54

wokka, am I correct in assuming that someone on the staff is going to upload the remaining maps? or is that a lost cause? I would love to have old buildings and stuff
Thanks. No big deal if its not happening. Excited for Tina