Grammar and You

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
aflycon
Retired

Re: Grammar and You

Post by aflycon » 27 Jun 2011, 05:50

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Blank_Kold wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 27 Jun 2011, 06:14

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Blank_Kold wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 27 Jun 2011, 21:50

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

I mean yeah I try really hard to make my sentences work and follow all the basic rules, and use spell check to its full potential, but I'm not perfect. I do know what you refer to when you mean really bad typists who really don't even try to get their point across.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 27 Jun 2011, 23:52

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Pretty much.... this:
http://i.imgur.com/rqTBx.gif

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 28 Jun 2011, 05:33

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
I think my brain just imploded into a singularity within my own skull...

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 28 Jun 2011, 10:32

Tomenaki wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
I think my brain just imploded into a singularity within my own skull...
so what? you became this guy?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Blank_Kold

Post by Blank_Kold » 30 Jun 2011, 21:08

obligatory characters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cyphafrost

Post by Cyphafrost » 01 Jul 2011, 08:41

This video seems fitting to the topic.
It's in a spoiler because some might take offense (and I'm sorry if you do, it's a touchy subject), and because it is inappropiate for younger viewers.
Also, this is my new favorite thread.
Spoiler! :
If you don't want to watch that one in case it offends you, here's a different one.
CUT: Director of Evil Laughs and Head Scientist of WMD's (Weapons of Mass Downsizing)

Derp

Tsukianei

Post by Tsukianei » 02 Jul 2011, 12:19

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
…Except that for having so decided make to use even go need to do look more like, you still haven’t going really want to do not a twice as much to use go wish for that. I disagree for when anyone really been far even as decided once to use even go want, that they have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. How do you argue that?
I'm not running away; I'm advancing in reverse.
ImageImage

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 02 Jul 2011, 12:53

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 02 Jul 2011, 23:09

Tsukianei wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
…Except that for having so decided make to use even go need to do look more like, you still haven’t going really want to do not a twice as much to use go wish for that. I disagree for when anyone really been far even as decided once to use even go want, that they have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. How do you argue that?

Dear god, you guys are going to drive us all mad.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 02 Jul 2011, 23:23

Tsukianei wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
I... what... um.... Excuse me for a second... I think I left my brain on the wall behind my head...

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 08 Jul 2011, 12:34

Much fun! [have fun, translated literally; author's note]

Gentlemen,
I think we should a different approach try. We could simply the grammar of an entirely different language use. This could really confusing become, but were that not the point? It seems so simple to be, for the only change lies therein, that some words around-jumbled become. For example try I now just, my native German sentence structure (and punctuation) word by word to use. I bet, it is just as painful to read as to write.

Wow. Me was never aware how stupid that sounds. And here make I fun of my countrymen, and now realize I, that it much, much worse be could. Yay for linguistic experiments!
"Wollt ihr 'n Hut? Nur Mut, 'n Hut tut gut!"

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Jul 2011, 13:32

i can read that just fine makk :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 08 Jul 2011, 13:48

Actually, I could read that fine, too, Makkaal.

(But then I did have 3 years of German - way long ago - so it's the way I translated it.)
--Tulonsae

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 08 Jul 2011, 14:11

I could read it once I realized all you were doing was moving some words around and changing a few tenses. It's obviously more difficult than proper English though, although it's easier than some of the more...egregious abuse often seen on the internet.

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 08 Jul 2011, 14:21

Naw. Disregard my last post, then. It was obviously not worth the effort. Seems it was way harder to write than to actually read.

I could try translating literally, though. Meeee-hee-hee-hee.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Jul 2011, 15:21

makkaal wrote:Naw. Disregard my last post, then. It was obviously not worth the effort. Seems it was way harder to write than to actually read.

I could try translating literally, though. Meeee-hee-hee-hee.
i relish the challenge. 8-)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 08 Jul 2011, 18:23

Naturally, dear vallorn - the outdemand will I you give. Actually, it is just engrish.

Well, understand you, the problem with wordly translations is, that you the words on german know must, about the bad translation too understand to can.
A beautiful byplay thatfor were the word earlypiece. Much fun by outfinding.
Too simple colloquial phrases can there already heavy become. Sometime bites one himself on something like this the teeth out.

Only, one forbear I not: Google overpositing.