Furdabip is Retiring

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Furdabip
Poop

Furdabip is Retiring

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jun 2011, 14:45

Whelp. I've gone and sold my soul back to WoW. The main reason I stopped playing WoW was because I got addicted to Minecraft. However, Minecraft now has lost it's luster to me. There's only so many mines I can mine, buildings I can build, things I can do in Minecraft and I've hit the end of that road.

One day I may come back to Minecraft, and if I do, it will definately be on this server.

A few things I must take care of first;
  • My tree farm (located north of Briarton, in northern Corinth) was adjusted to allow Birch and Pine. However, I never fixed the holes and breaks the adjustments made. I would like someone to take on the task of completing the tree farm, maybe put up rule signs for which floors are to be Pine, Birch, and normal trees. One chest there is private, the rest are public (the private one was temporary, has most of the saplings for the other floors in it). Oh, and the roof is kinda missing. It was Wood Planks with Glass over the saplings. Probably should fix that first, as mobs can spawn up there. There might also be an issue with mobs spawning on Pine and Birch leaves because of the way they grow... Glowstone inserts into the floors above will probably fix that. :-)
  • Briarton itself was entrusted to Jag and Corinth as a whole (of course), but I had no co-mayor or whatever. So, I would like Jag or Alfy to find someone capable of maintaining it, expanding it, evicting inactive tenants or whatnot.
  • My house in Fyra (southwest section of the map, co-ords 840 X, 1140 Z, can be removed or reclaimed by anyone who wants it. It's got the start of a diamond mine, a mini tree farm, an auto-wheat farm (it's built on a wood platform in the middle of the ocean, so no pigs to kill for food) but has no actual house. I'm bad at building non-utility buildings, I suppose. :-D
  • The password to Briar Tower's Mob Item boxes is "thievessuck" - it's open to everyone who reads this now, I suppose. The boxes are full of Feathers, Bones, and String. Please don't steal EVERYTHING, just treat it as any normal public box; take what you need, add what you don't. Maybe pick up the mob drop pile and put it in the boxes periodically.
  • My massive fortune of materials and such in my Moriarty Apartments penthouse is forfeit to Jag and the Corinthian Empire. I would like it all to be donated to the Talon Company or whatever the Ver3 equivelant of that is (as I think Talon is Futureshift only?). If I do come back, I want access to those supplies if I need them. :-)
  • My Moriarty Apartments penthouse can be given away to someone else, or if someone wants, it can be converted into 2 more apartments.
  • My idea for an auto-reed farm was never made, but I would love if someone built it in Briarton. Basicly, it's rows of dirt next to water, and that dirt being a bridge. Then a redstone switch to turn the bridges off. You'd place the reeds on the dirt bridge. Once off, the water then flows into the hole created and below to a pick-up room. I think it'd be cool. The only problem is you then need to replant the reeds. Still should be faster than punching the tops off and having to go back and pick it all up. :-)

Now, even though I haven't really been asked to do anything since I did the Cuboid script, if you need anything web-related done, Wokka, I'll still be around and will probably help you out. Just send a PM and whatnot. :-)

Thanks to all the mods and Sneaky for a great server, and the players for their awexomeness.

If you sneezed while reading this post, bless you.

Peace off!

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Furdabip is Retiring

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 14:50

We will miss you :( have fun on wow :) an what is the moriarty apartment ?????

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 12 Jun 2011, 14:55

You know what would be funny ? If you ditched Minecraft to take up mining as a WoW profession.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jun 2011, 14:59

Iron_Fang wrote:We will miss you :( have fun on wow :) an what is the moriarty apartment ?????
The first legitimate building I made in Escapecraft. Also the centerpoint of Briarton. :-p
Zinrius wrote:You know what would be funny ? If you ditched Minecraft to take up mining as a WoW profession.
I already am. Mining and Blacksmithing. Have all but the Hardened Khorium Bar smelting recipes too. :-D

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 15:08

I'll have the fyra place and when you come back you can have It back if u want
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 12 Jun 2011, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 12 Jun 2011, 15:10

Take it easy, Furd. See ya when you finish the latest WoW expansion pack. :)
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 12 Jun 2011, 15:21

Godspeed Mr. Mayor. o/ Tell Deathwing I said hi. :)

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 15:23

I can never meet him he flames everyone in a area I am next to but I never get there -_- "And may the light be with you"
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 12 Jun 2011, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 12 Jun 2011, 15:25

Cho wrote:Take it easy, Furd. See ya when you finish the latest WoW expansion pack. :)
And with that said... we never saw Furd again.

-The End
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 12 Jun 2011, 15:33

Have fun Furd ;)
I'll take care of the tree-farm... with that I mean chopping every tree down and then replant... I can put out signs and shit... and maybe fix some of the stairs thats to small to a player to walk up ;) glowstone is another thing :/

edit: btw, whitch server to you play on wow? xD eu or us?
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 12 Jun 2011, 15:37

I never did get wow... I'l take care of that reed farm. I could possibly set up a massive clock that is timed perfectly to the reeds growth...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jun 2011, 15:50

Hytro wrote:btw, whitch server to you play on wow? xD eu or us?
Draka, US. :-)

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 12 Jun 2011, 15:58

Gesundheit! ;)
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 12 Jun 2011, 16:00

furdabip wrote:
NOOO :( Stormrage EU
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 16:00

Saurfang eu

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 12 Jun 2011, 18:09

Bai! ;(

I promised myself I wouldn't cry when people left...
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 12 Jun 2011, 18:27

Heh, just remembered that the first day i properly met you was in briarton on the test server, good times. Except when the good proffessers house burnt down and i proved a point about lava to you which lead to you blaming me for a second fire next to a lava bin... Good times *sigh*
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 12 Jun 2011, 18:35

Furd,

I want to first thank you. I still remember the day I met you. It wasn't too long ago. You and Afly were on yet another "Great Southern Adventure" and you stopped by my lonely tower in the South for a proverbial cup of tea. You both were the reason I really got into the "world" of EC. I was, up until then, still very much in the mindset of single player Minecraft. You introduced me to much more than that. For that reason, and for the help you have given and the work we shared, I am extremely grateful.

I will do everything in my power to make sure that your wishes are fulfilled. I do hope you still visit the forums a bit still, though. Just yesterday Afly and I were talking about building a mob tower in Beorn, largely because the population of residents skyrocketed. It is sad to see you retire, as I know you were losing interest, but if needed I would still love your input - even if it's just through PMs or email.

This morning, Jag and I were talking about plans for a Corinth/Talon Warehouse in Corinth. Jag had earlier entrusted Corinth Castle to Afly and I, and I thought that one way to make the castle useful would be to make a part of it into a warehouse similar to Talon, whose contents could be used to fix up and work on Corinth's many districts. I am planning to start work on it tonight. If you would be open to having your minerals/supplies entrusted to this warehouse, I will make sure they are kept in the "Furdabip Vault" whose access would be limited for safe-keeping. You and I both have minerals/supplies left over from our work in IC. Would you like those moved to a warehouse as well? I was planning to go up there soon to pick up what I left behind, as I do not think I will be working on IC again.

I would be glad to ensure that your farms continue to operate in Briarton in peak condition, and that the reed farm gets built. I can imagine Afly would be a great general caretaker of Briarton.

It has been a pleasure playing with you. Hope for the best in your WoW experience.

Cheers, friend.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 12 Jun 2011, 18:45

10 KB.jpeg
10 KB-1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 12 Jun 2011, 18:51

<3 furd :cry:

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 12 Jun 2011, 18:56

You will be missed, Furd. You were the first person I really met on this server.. I remember spending my first night here in the storehouse by your quarry, I remember the tours of Corinth, I remember the day you started building Briarton. The day we met Deri, all of our adventures in the south, the derps we've committed together, and the day we ran Fyra dry.

As Deri said, he and I will make sure that all of your projects stay running. We'll take fine care of Briarton, the two of us, until you return.

Glad to have known you,
Afly

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 12 Jun 2011, 19:37

Stupid embedding. Just watch it on YouTube.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 12 Jun 2011, 19:44

Furd, I will miss you. You're a great guy, and an awesome designer/builder. I hope to see you again sometime.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 12 Jun 2011, 20:27

Cya man
1244377737716.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jun 2011, 20:28

Deri, you can use my vast fortune however you see fit, including the IC stuff we worked on.

Thanks all you guys, I shall miss you!

However, I shall check on the forum periodically and will post if anything piques my interest. :-)

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 12 Jun 2011, 20:30

Simply Fascinating.png

Arithel

Post by Arithel » 12 Jun 2011, 21:20

Good to know you Furd, you have made the best stuff and I am in the middle of copying your mob tower ;) Have fun with your time in WoW while it lasts.
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. - Harvey Fierstein

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 12 Jun 2011, 21:21

furdabip wrote:
No wai. :O Ever meet an undead warrior named Loerilaye? That was mine. :3

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jun 2011, 23:09

MKindy wrote:
furdabip wrote:
No wai. :O Ever meet an undead warrior named Loerilaye? That was mine. :3
Doesn't sound familliar. :-p

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Jun 2011, 03:00

bye Furd. though we didnt always see eye to eye you were an excellent member of the community and im sad to see you go. :(
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick