AMA - Haxx version

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

AMA - Haxx version

Post by haxxorzd00d » 07 Jan 2013, 21:45

YAY BANDWAGON! You know the drill by now, chaps and chapettes.

ASK AWAY!

Actually I'll get the obvious question out the way first.
Q: Why isn't <insert project here> finished / will you ever finish it?
A: Lack of time, easily distracted, etc. And yes, I have a to-do list with pretty much everything on, which I am working through at the moment.

motormaniac
Retired

Re: AMA - Haxx version

Post by motormaniac » 07 Jan 2013, 23:04

Why isn't THE ARTIFACT finished / will you ever finish it?

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 08 Jan 2013, 05:18

motormaniac wrote:Why isn't THE ARTIFACT finished / will you ever finish it?
*slap*

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 08 Jan 2013, 15:15

>originally had question
>did not bother to ask in fear that answer may be procrastinated as well
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

dandres
Retired

Post by dandres » 09 Jan 2013, 14:44

What do you think of the concept that the Minecraft community will be the ones updating and carrying Minecraft on into the future once API support has been added because the Minecraft team is running out of ideas to implement themselves. Also what would you like to see added or changed? I personal think they dropped the ball on the mine carts and could have made the mine cart system better and more efficient.

The house is a Factory.

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 09 Jan 2013, 15:52

dandres wrote:What do you think of the concept that the Minecraft community will be the ones updating and carrying Minecraft on into the future once API support has been added because the Minecraft team is running out of ideas to implement themselves. Also what would you like to see added or changed? I personal think they dropped the ball on the mine carts and could have made the mine cart system better and more efficient.
I like the idea of communities being able to expand the game in more ways than just server plugins. One idea I've had which (on paper at least) seems easy to implement is a custom block/item maker for Minecraft - a user-friendly UI that lets you select different properties of a block (is it slippery, does it obey gravity, how breakable is it, etc), make your own graphic for it, and if possible put it into the world generation (e.g. have it generate as an ore). If this block was on a server, then if you join the server, the block texture and information gets downloaded straight to you and it shows up in-game. Clever, huh? This editor could also include custom items based off existing ones (tools, foodstuffs, whatever) and custom crafting recipes to tie all your fancy new stuff together.

And I agree with you about the minecarts being underutlised; I always wanted a way to switch tracks by pressing Left and Right, so I could make fun little rollercoaster games.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 Jan 2013, 20:54

haxxorzd00d wrote:And I agree with you about the minecarts being underutlised; I always wanted a way to switch tracks by pressing Left and Right, so I could make fun little rollercoaster games.
Doesn't redstone switch tracks? If so, you could set up targets to shoot at or something to change direction.

OT: What is your opinion of MMOs? Don't really know why I asked this, but answer anyways!
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 10 Jan 2013, 21:24

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:What is your opinion of MMOs? Don't really know why I asked this, but answer anyways!
I want to like them, I really do, but the MMOs I've tried, I found painfully dull. I couldn't get into WoW at all; the constant stream of "wall of text about some random bullshit, now go kill X things in some cave" got boring fast. I tried The Old Republic as well, hearing about its voice-acting and engaging story, and it held my attention for a little longer - until I realised the combat was just totally humdrum and not fun.

However, I'm interested in Guild Wars 2; it looks to have shaken up the usual MMO standards. Flux and I are thinking of picking it up to sink some time into; anyone had any experience with it and can recommend it / warn us of its extreme suckiness?

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 Jan 2013, 21:30

I played a bit of GW1, and it wasn't bad. It's a similar type of combat to WoW and such, but it was a lot more about trying to find the perfect set of skills for what you wanted to do. Don't really know about GW2 though.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 11 Jan 2013, 01:26

You ready for elder scrolls online?!

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 14 Jan 2013, 05:40

Iron_Fang wrote:You ready for elder scrolls online?!
Nope, I have 3 Elder Scrolls Offlines to finish first. :D