Uncle Skunkle's AMA

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
Skunk_Giant
Retired

Uncle Skunkle's AMA

Post by Skunk_Giant » 07 Jan 2013, 08:28

In Soviet Russia, me ask YOU anything.

Shoot.

Oh, and /bandwagon.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Uncle Skunkle's AMA

Post by Invunarble » 07 Jan 2013, 17:55

What exactly is "PHOS"?
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 08 Jan 2013, 08:31

Phos was a failed project I worked on with a few people. It was a sci-fi universe we had created. We created a huge timeline of events from the present day to about 700 years or so in the future. Eventually, we reached the point where we were going to create the first part in it, a book, but only one person was interested in actually writing it with me, and they were pretty busy at the time, so they never actually got around to writing. In the end, we had half a book I wrote, and it was just losing momentum, so it sort of died off.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 08 Jan 2013, 15:14

Oh, sounds like a blast.

Also, why are you so obsessive with owning land on the corner of each survival world?

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 08 Jan 2013, 18:31

I wouldn't say obsessive. I've only got two corners anyway. :P

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 09 Jan 2013, 18:44

What gave you inspiration to pick up writing PoE to begin with?

Furthermore, how the hell did you accumulate so many internets?!?

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Jan 2013, 19:00

1. Well, I was in the middle of writing Zombie Apocalypse and The Family, and people seemed to like those, so I thought I might give it a shot. As well as that, on the first internet forum I became a regular on, Machinima.com, there was a guy called NovaPow, and he did a 10-part story called 'The Prophecy of NovaPow'. People loved it, and rightly so. It wasn't as big as PoE or as detailed, but it was hilarious (mainly inside jokes of the community), and people loved it, especially the big twist at the end. Some months later, people were calling for a sequel, and he gave me permission to write the sequel, so I did that, and it got a lot of interest as well. From there, a two guys who I'm great friends with now asked if they could write some spin-off prophecies.
ANYWAY, while trying to think of what to do for another forum game, I thought about the Prophecy and how much I enjoyed writing it, so I created PoE. While it's pretty much independent due to the different community, I have actually written it so it fits in canon with the earlier prophecies. I referenced them a couple of times to, even though nobody would pick up on them (unless Buchal ever came back, as he was from Machinima.com). The Great Troll Wars were depicted in the original prophecies, and they were briefly mentioned in PoE.

2. I have no bloody clue.