Me again...

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
MrJKapowey

Me again...

Post by MrJKapowey » 30 Sep 2012, 09:44

Well, I made one of these way-back-when. But, here I am again.

Whilst I have been on this server for something like 18 months (from early March '11, IIRC) I could probably hold the titles of the poorest long-standing player, least-frequent playing long-standing player and least-impressive builds long-standing player. I found this server by accident looked around, got stuck in the hole that appears in that semi-survival horror trailer '935' or something, which was on The Escapist group. Then I left. Then I returned to Fyra, the Hub, all that glory! I looked around, and (being an MC no0b) said to my friend who was looking for a server to play on 'Hey, this one is awesome', simply because it was the only one I had been on. Me and him set up a diddy-village, more friends arrived, his brother arrived, his brother's friends arrived, our village expanded, it expanded again, it got abandoned. Then I pretty much took an extended leave of absence for about 4-5 months and came back some time after Borjan was made. It looked kewl, my friend was now a Mentor (as was his brother, to my great surprise) and he ran a village with the highest mod:house ratio on the server, possibly... Oh, and I sponsored. My last birthday present (one of) had been Minecraft, this year, my parents gave me some money to put towards [SPONSOR].

I tried to be cool, I tried to make an event for the server, I tried to start up a town, I tried to make a puzzle for Enigma - none of those came to fruition. I slid down the slippery and nigh-on unclimbable slope of depression at grinding and not finding stuff, not being able to get the resources to do things, etc. etc. I had, in that year-or-more's time, mined 6 diamonds. Six. I gave up, left the event planning mid-plan, left the puzzle (it's probably still there) frame barely even started in Creative, and left the vague outline of 1/2 of the town's shape in Borjan (it's still there). Then I took an extended leave of absence until Friday.

Over the last week or so my friend had been talking about Bob, his promotion to Mod+ and the upcoming second anniversary. I thought, hey - I might as well. So, on Friday I went online at about 1930hrs GMT and pretty much noone knew/knows who I am (last time I 'returned' I had people asking me if I'd bought Sponsor rly recently in an attempt to be a 'cool n00b'), but by 0000GMT I had made a mine, found a cave system and mined stuff. By Midday on Saturday I had three times as many diamonds as I had found over the last year. Now, I have a landclaim on Tolteca with plans for a modest (yet hopefully awesome) Spanish-style fortress which will be mah house. I might ask my good friend Tyrese if he wants to work on a town with me on Tolteca (though his staffing duties might mean he can't ;-;).

Whatever happens, I get the feeling that I'm going to stay playing Escapecraft until I've managed to make the mark on the server that I should've done over the last 18 months. Oh, and I've decided I might write a book in-server about the adventures of some person who ends up in Escapecraft... :P But now I'll open to the floor if anyone wants to ask me any questions?

TLDR: IT'S ME, GUIZ! I'M BACK NAO!
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Me again...

Post by Iron_Fang » 30 Sep 2012, 09:54

Welcome! If you need help ask a [Mentor] [Mod] [Mop] and [Derpy-Admin] :)
p.s. WELCOME BACK!

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Me again...

Post by Invunarble » 30 Sep 2012, 15:02

Hey! I think I remember you! You probably don't know who I am though >.>

That town you are referring to, was it the one from this thread? :lol:
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014