A cat by any other name.

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
Milo_Windby
Retired

A cat by any other name.

Post by Milo_Windby » 11 Dec 2010, 02:12

Hello!

I know this is a bit late to do, seeing as I have risen in rank from a lowly newbie on the server to Jr. Mod.
However when I first came onto the forum for this server the first thing I looked for was this very section, and at the time we did not have one.
So now we do, and I would like to kick it off by saying Hello to you all, my (online) name is Milo Hugo Windby and it is very nice to meet all of you.

So a little about myself, I hail from the great white north (Aka Canada) and was born in British Colombia. I'm 24 and I live with my awesome boyfriend, currently in Quebec. We are both major gamers and own enough systems and games to stock a small arcade if we wanted to.
I also love to cook and create things, which is why I love minecraft so much. I have so far made a town in the new server as well as a pirate ship which is now my pride and joy.

I tend to like a lot of stuff and dislike very little, I am easy to get along with (as long as you don't try to annoy me on purpose). When I am building something, I must admit I tend to be a bit of a loner as I like to build things by myself, but if the project is good I will help out.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheer~

Milo Hugo Windby, Canadian Cat Boy <3
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Ninjawoman
Site Contributor

Re: A cat by any other name.

Post by Ninjawoman » 11 Dec 2010, 09:39

Heyy Milo ^^

I would just like to say that your pirate ship kicks ass!!-----> best thing since sliced bread!! xD
anyhow, your a cool guy. nuff said. :)
Women who behave rarely make history.

Four for you Glen Coco...YOU GO GLEN COCO!!

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 12 Dec 2010, 00:59

Why hullo Milo.

Yes, I agree with ninja your ships are bloody awsome!

Again, your a cool guy, nuff said :D
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

itbarany

Post by itbarany » 12 Dec 2010, 11:14

Since you would like to know me, I would like to know a few things about you too :)

First off tho: You are so lucky to live in Canada. I love that country for some reason. I never had a problem with my nationality (even tho most people would like to flee from this country like if Black has sat it on fire), but my friend lives there and when he got his citizenship and passport I was so jealous.

Anyway back on track: Do you like Canada? Or more precisely where you live?
Please also share your selection of music, films and books!

Your random question: If you ever ended up on an island alone (from which you will be saved in a few weeks), what would you like to have with you to help you pass the time and what would you do?
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Outsider"

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 12 Dec 2010, 12:23

Hello IT Linty! :3

I have to say I love being in Canada, the current location is very lovely. I think the only draw back though is that the town I am in is 90% french and I don't speak a single word of french x_x

That might sound odd, and might even ask "So... why live in a town that you cant event speak the local language?" or something like that...
Well, I moved here to live with my boyfriend who felt more comfy being here in Quebec and I felt in different to where I lived in Canada.
As I said its still very nice here in this town so I don't mind. Once we can though we are moving close to where Montreal is so I can live where people do speak English and then I am looking for a job -_-

My Music tends to central around various metal genres, anything from 80's, to progressive and to symphonic metal. The list is Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Nox Arcana, Nightwish and Haggard, and a few more.
I also enjoy random genres of music, which is to say I might like a band or just a song that is not metal. It would be hard to list all but just to get a sense of what I like, Video game music, the safety dance, I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, etc...

I love reading books, mostly either Sci-fi or fantasy, although I have read other stuff as well.
My very first novel that was not a kids book was "The Hobbit" which I will admit I did take a bit of time to read but helped me in the long run as far as reading went. I then read "The Lord of the rings" and by this time had fallen in love with Middle Earth.
My list of books I love also have anything written by Piers Anthony, he has written a series of fantasy novels called the "Xanth series" as well as a series about aspects of nature such as "Time, Death, God, the devil" and made them into Offices that an official immortal spirit has to do the job...
however the original spirits have long since quit and had put into place a type of "Mortal becomes immortal and gets the job", so the stories all start off with someone getting a job in each section of these areas. (And yes, one even becomes the devil)

Movies I will admit I love a lot of them, it will be hard to say really. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, anything Sci-fi, Fantasy, Comedy and so on. The Lord of the rings movies (And soon the hobbit) are my top favorite (even if they don't have everything... but even so I can understand why)
The last movie I saw was the Ace Venture movies (Again)

Wow, long reply is long o_o

Random Answer: I like cheese... no wait, sorry <_> where am I?
Ah yes, a island by myself... that's where. I think I would like one or two tools that could help me, such as a small hatchet and something else. Just anything that could help me make shelter and then make other tools so I can make a trap or catch fish and make a fire, etc...
Once all that is done I would explore the island and just relax if I was able to. It would be nice to get some coconuts from a tree and have some nice coconut milk, mmm.
At this point, I also find that I have a book or two that survived whatever happened so I sit down to a nice read by the fire.
ah... Paradise!

Thanks for the questions, was fun to answer!
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 18 Dec 2010, 11:33

Milo Windby wrote:I think I would like one or two tools that could help me, such as a small hatchet and something else. Just anything that could help me make shelter and then make other tools so I can make a trap or catch fish and make a fire, etc...
Milo, I now know why you like minecraft so much, it is perfect for you! :lol:
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy