Liam, the Author.

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
MortuiMansit

Liam, the Author.

Post by MortuiMansit » 07 Oct 2011, 06:20

Lorem Ipsum my friends, it is I. Thatguy98, I wish to say hello to all of you, and that I write stories, and I will have a closing question, but first, details.

Excruciating as they may be, details are a must, I simply LOVE to build, I may not be good at it, but it certainly is fun, anyway. I feel as though I have made some friends with the majority of you. A little shout-out to Tulonsae, and MKindy, along with Lordowrath and Bob, and many others, I apologise for not saying your name directly, but I have a horribly memory, and as such I may have gotten the above wrong.

Now, beyond that, if there is anything I can do to help, I simply would love to.

I close this Introduction with a sentence, is there anywhere special that I can post any of my stories? As the title says, I write stories, and, they may not be to everyone's tastes, but I still write them.

(Screw the Haters.)

Here are a few.. Not my best works, but it's small enough to put in this introduction.
The year is 3517, after the turn of the literary century. {The beginning of recorded knowledge.} Humans have entered space, though with some difficulty, due to several trial and error events in which people would leave, and never return, or if they did return, horrible things would have happened to them, and their ships. Ever since the discovery of Shock Point warps, space travel has been viewed as trivial, something that is only necessary to travel between the colonies of Earth. However, humanity has found it is not alone in this universe. Humans have discovered all manners of being. The Magma planets host to the fire wyrms, the magma sharks, and molten slugs that many fear to encounter. the water planets a host to all forms of coral, the fish both kind on some world, and malevolent on others, making travel in the murky depths impossible without the proper knowledge of where one was. Each world is different, each one having a terraformed colony on it. Recently, some trouble has begun to brew. People have started vanishing inside Shock Warps. Shock Eels, the protectors of ships while inside the Shock Warps, have begun to vanish. Some think they might be poached by some deranged lunatics, or they may very well be dying. Something is killing the Shock Eels, a feat thought impossible, and ships, and humans are suffering for it. How shall we solve this problem of the dying creatures, and how shall humanity continue on, if either in peace with the other races it has found, or in war, if they can't safely travel the Shock Zones?
Heubation, a stunning city, the streets paved with gold, or so they say. The city has near-everything for the travelling adventurer, a Library, for those who wish to gain more knowledge for their travels. A Barracks, where the city guard relax after a long days work. An academy, where the students of the city learn magical arts, basic swordplay, among other things. A tavern and an inn, where the less desirables spend their time. Among many other buildings, such as the castle, those were the most important.
Please note, these are SETTINGS, not the actual story. I'm reluctant to post a story in my introductory post.
"Nothing matters, but it's perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - HP Lovecraft.

Also.

I am Thatguy98.

Someguy42

Re: Liam, the Author.

Post by Someguy42 » 07 Oct 2011, 14:45

Welcome to the server and you have creepy and strange stories...

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Oct 2011, 03:01

Hooray! Another writer! :D
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

MortuiMansit

Post by MortuiMansit » 09 Oct 2011, 04:25

Skunk_Giant wrote:Hooray! Another writer! :D
It's been a while since I've written a full, major story. But I think I'm gunna get back into it.
"Nothing matters, but it's perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - HP Lovecraft.

Also.

I am Thatguy98.