There Goes the Neighborhood

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
Vanguard

There Goes the Neighborhood

Post by Vanguard » 27 Sep 2011, 10:32

A thought occurred to me a few minutes ago; I've been on the server long enough to build a house and gain veteran status, but I never actually, you know, introduced myself. That's somewhat rude, don't you think?

My name is Vanguard (clearly) and there's a slim chance that some of you might recognize me from The Escapist. Possibly if you're part of the ancient '08 crowd. If not I'll give you a mercifully brief rundown. I'm a freelance photographer, a writer of sorts (with a bi-weekly opinion column on a friend's gaming blog), a one-time contributor to The Escapist, and a member of LRR's community as of Desert Bus 3 onward.

So yeah, speaking of LRR I figured with 1.8 coming out it was time to dust off my copy of Minecraft and get back into the game. Somewhere in the intervening time where I stopped playing and now the LRRcraft server got a new map, so my nice chateau in the snowy mountains went poof, never to be seen again. Combine that recent bit of homelessness with the rather coincidental release of the first episode of Escapecraft and... well, here we are.

At this point I'm already set up just fine in East Harbortown and I'm helping with a few projects around there, but for the large part I find myself with an overabundance of free time, so if anyone needs a helping hand, whether it be with building, mining, farming or keeping the creepers away, feel free to ask.

~V

EricSmarties

Re: There Goes the Neighborhood

Post by EricSmarties » 27 Sep 2011, 10:37

First of welcome to the sever! Hope you have a good time here. As you are a veteran you obviously know most of the rules here on escapecraft, but it never hurts reading them over again here on the forums.
Vanguard wrote:I'm a freelance photographer.
I love photography as well and will pick it as one of my options for my further education :)

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 27 Sep 2011, 10:46

Welcome to the server, Vanguard.
I'm happy to welcome you to our server, always nice to find a coherent person with a good grasp of the english language. I'm sure you know the rules, and won't need to brush up on them, but it couldn't hurt :)
We have a lovely community in Escapia that will help you out willingly if you need it. There are a few players you should keep an eye out for however, such as the Operators, Moderators and Mentors.
I'll get off now, and look forward to seeing you (Again) in game. I have no doubt you'll love it here :)
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 27 Sep 2011, 13:58

Hi Vanguard, it's nice too meet you. I look forward to seeing you in-game. I wonder if someday my Minecraft will get "dusty"? I can't fathom it, as I'm pretty hooked.

I also get bored or uninspired sometimes even though I have too many projects. So I love to take a break and help someone else once in awhile.

So if you need a scout, a digger, or materials gathered feel free to grab me.

Welcome to the community, I hope to see you active on the forums!

MayorLennie
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 27 Sep 2011, 16:02

Well, If you have an overabundance of free time and enjoy mining, there are sill something on the order of 3-4 million blocks in need of removal at IC. <trollface/>
Which leads to this:

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 02 Oct 2011, 18:40

>.> late welcome!
I like your skin By the way. Its classy.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....