Greetings and Introduction

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Greetings and Introduction

Post by MayorLennie » 24 Aug 2011, 21:47

Hello everyone, I'm Lennie - not my "real name" just a name I keep using - it was my name from an RPG I played an awful lot over the course of a year when my husband was serving in Iraq. My character was a young man and he quickly became very popular and moved up the ranks among mobsters and became honorary Mayor even though that job didn't really even exist in the game itself. I miss that game still, it was the best time and I made great friends. But, I got bored once there really weren't any more challenges, it was time to move on. No I'm not a boy, but at that time I wanted to hide my true identity so I made up Lennie. I've grown to really love and respect Lennie so here I am as Lennie. Since my Lennie days I've finished Borderlands and the Fable games, which I enjoyed a lot.

Now on to Minecraft - I love this game! I play along with my 3 boys age 13 and 11 now 12 (twins) who turned me on to it this year during Spring Break. I'm hooked! We are a gaming family and computer geeks.

I enjoy the server so far, it's my first Multi-Player try, I think the building work is outstanding. As a Minecraft player, I'm like a grunt, a very hard worker, I acquire ores and resources quite well. I've been on here for a week or so and I've already got too much of everything but no diamonds yet! I'm also too brave, I never turn and run from a creeper - I have to kill them or at least try! but I've gotten quite good at luring them away from my house at least and any structures nearby. I also love taking over a dungeon and making a mob trap out of it.

I played on peaceful for like a whole month because the monsters scared the CRAP out of me haha but then I became confident in my moves and I'm never going back to peaceful - it is quite boring! I'm fast at placing blocks, but I have NO creative sense - the good looking things I've made are by accident, I assure you. ;) I'm a hard worker and always cheerful and ready to lend a hand. I very much appreciate the buildings and features I see, in my sons worlds and on here. I'm just amazed at the creative talent!

I'd love to be a part of something cool but don't ask me to design it it will be cobble dirt and glass. But if you tell me whats what I'll help and even bring the blocks, I can chop wood all day, smelt sand, brave the nether, anything really. I am learning to build better, and get your own stuff.

I'll give you my last apple or pork chop if you're low on hearts. If I can find you, that is, because I'm always completely lost because I have a bad habit of adventuring way too far and getting completely lost after dark. I love new friends and look forward to finding a fit on escapecraft.

Lennie
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Blackadder51
Retired

Re: Greetings and Introduction

Post by Blackadder51 » 24 Aug 2011, 21:59

Gday mate!

Welcome to the server :)

Its good to know you are liking it here as thats what we try to do, if you do like mega projects try out helping with the building of Imperial City :)

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 24 Aug 2011, 23:04

Seeing as you always seem to get lost have you thought of picking up a minimap mod. I use zan's minimap mod and it comes in useful so much, it lets you keep tabs on multiple places you've built too by placing way points on them.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/915 ... /#ZansMini
Hope you find this useful :), also welcome to the server glad your enjoying it :)
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 25 Aug 2011, 03:02

Welcome to the server and I hope you have a nice time here :D
Darktaint wrote:Seeing as you always seem to get lost have you thought of picking up a minimap mod. I use zan's minimap mod and it comes in useful so much, it lets you keep tabs on multiple places you've built too by placing way points on them.
[utl]http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/915 ... /#ZansMini[/url]
Hope you find this useful :), also welcome to the server glad your enjoying it :)
You wrote utl instead of url dark.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 Aug 2011, 05:20

Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 25 Aug 2011, 06:15

Hey there! :)

Always nice to see enthusiastic new people, so I hope you stick around. If you have any problems or questions, the mods will be more than happy to help you out - just give us a shout in-game.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Aug 2011, 12:15

Mini Map Mod! I am going to check that out - I have to use F3 a lot for Coords and it's super annoying. I never use it to find mobs or whatever, because I don't have a good frame rate and the red thing hurts my EYES so bad...so yeah I check F3, walk, look at F3 again, change direction..watching the X,Z.....I have a whole notepad full of coordinates scratched down....it's really lame. FYI I am never going to be the one who pops in to help a new player find something...if I say "Follow Me" please DON'T follow me...just don't. And if I follow you...forget my being able to find it on my own later...until I've done it 10-12 times...I'm heading over to the linky to get me some mini map mod. Thanks! ps I'm definitely going to donate so I can have /home I read about that and got very happy. Thanks for the welcomes, all my best.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 25 Aug 2011, 12:26

Hi, welcome to the server. (:

You can use the command /getpos in-game to view your coordinates in the chat box (as opposed to using F3, which is generally frowned upon). Hope that helps. (:

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 25 Aug 2011, 12:55

aflycon wrote:Hi, welcome to the server. (:

You can use the command /getpos in-game to view your coordinates in the chat box (as opposed to using F3, which is generally frowned upon). Hope that helps. (:
You can also use /compass to see what direction you're facing.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Aug 2011, 13:18

I'm learning a lot here. I'm so glad to NOT use F3! Thanks I'm going to use these other things...but really only after I've tried hard to right myself and still find I'm horribly lost and about to die of something...sometimes the stress of being lost is part of the fun for me...sometimes...and tell ya the truth in multi player I feel like I'm cheating when I've used /spawn to get back to the hub for a reason other than meeting someone. Like I'm lost I give up and type /spawn. I feel dirty when I do that. ha! well luckily now a few landmarks are becoming familiar to me, if any new players are reading this...my advice is don't be afraid to explore even though you might get lost. you discover some amazing things out there and for me I just love the scenery sometimes. /getpos will be great. Smiles not frowns ;)

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Aug 2011, 13:19

Aenir_bEPU wrote:
aflycon wrote:Hi, welcome to the server. (:

You can also use /compass to see what direction you're facing.
/compass - that's completely new to me - now I want to jump on and play so I can try out my new skills but alas I can't be in game until tonight...back to work for me.... thanks everyone!

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 Aug 2011, 13:35

http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=5&t=3919

Thats a list of all the commands in the server. Welcome and i hope you have fun ^_^
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 25 Aug 2011, 15:29

Also, not to nitpick but just so you know: We do have an edit button for all our posts (except in the Support > Appeals subforum) so that you don't have to make a new one.

Seeya on the server! (:

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 29 Aug 2011, 14:48

I heard you liked kitties in your threads.

Oh, and welcome to Escapecraft.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 29 Aug 2011, 18:08

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 30 Aug 2011, 19:14

Yay I got a kitty nod from Sneaky, and a cowboy wearing aviator shades. This a good thread now. Thank you everyone! I look forward to building with you.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 30 Aug 2011, 22:43

To add one more gif to this thread. This is what happens when Wokka, our server guru/admin, logs in to the server and finds someone spamming/griefing or doing something bad.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 31 Aug 2011, 12:37

Ohhh yes indeed, I've already witnessed this - also from the mods...

Thanks for the visual reminder...I'm going to read the rules again because I missed the part about not having a meal with a moderator.

Or might that be like the /taxi? Types /freefood....

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 01 Sep 2011, 01:50

Nice to meet you. I haven't been in-game too much lately since I got back into sketching and painting, butwe'll meet up sometime. Also, I like your sense of humor. ;)

You should definetely get zan's minimap mod by the way. The thing I find the most useful is the waypoints, which also save for each specific server/ world. (unfortunately not each world on this server)
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 01 Sep 2011, 15:51

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Nice to meet you. I haven't been in-game too much lately since I got back into sketching and painting, butwe'll meet up sometime. Also, I like your sense of humor. ;) SNIP )
Thanks! I've seen your chatter, you're busy when you're there...and I've seen you around the forums also. What's your deal anyway? Just kidding.

I really like the Mini Map Mod, it's a real game changer for me. I noticed with Waypoints, they're written to a text file in your mc folder - so essentially I'm pretty sure it could work to share waypoints with another mini map user simply by copy/pasting to them so they can add the waypoints to their map waypoints file - I'm going to try it, because I'm thinking what a great way to give someone a "tour" of things.

Currently I'm working on a town revitalization project out in West Fyra ... maybe I'll use this trick to give a "Parade of Homes" tour and not even have to be there - haha and yeah this prob belongs in a different thread...

Talk to ya in-game, have fun and thanks again for stopping by da thread...
Lennie

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Sep 2011, 17:22

with the waypoints thing. you know? i had never thought of that...
its a good idea IF the person uses MiniMap. i for example dont use it because i run an utter vannila set up for SMP play and others might have issues with processing power needed or just havent heard of it.

still for those that do have it this may be very good. :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 02 Sep 2011, 12:35

I'm afraid of you vallorn...I read about you and lava. I'm attracted to lava, that is, I tend to get close (ooo pretty) and catch on fire. This is why I haven't really said hello. Please warn me if you're going to come around (I'm fixin up Moonstar in West Fyra) so that I can be sure and have a water bucket in my inventory.

As for the mini map mod coords sharing idear...yeah I thought of that all by myself but I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it would work.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 02 Sep 2011, 12:36

Vallorns not that bad, it's just when he's sober that he puts lava everywhere. When he's not he gives out donations.
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Sep 2011, 19:39

and when im bored large sections of my land are removed from existence by TNT... :?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 02 Sep 2011, 21:33

Sounds dangeroues!

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 02 Sep 2011, 21:53

Nothing is dangerous for the infamous blackadder and vallorn...

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 03 Sep 2011, 06:11

if by dangerous you mean FUN then sure black. but i never die from the TNT (and barley ever from lava) :)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 03 Sep 2011, 09:45

Just because you're safe doesn't mean the nearby wildlife is.