Art Influenced by Music

Glorious music maaaan.
Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Art Influenced by Music

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 09 Jul 2012, 03:16

Though this isn't Music itself, I feel it fits well in this forum. Sometimes when I'm listening to different songs it will influence whatever I'm making in a certain way.

I've listened to this album a ton:
Daft Punk - Discovery.jpg
And have always been amazed by the artwork. So I've decided to challenge my photoshop skills and try to imitate it... I thought I wouldn't even be able to come close to capturing the look, but I've kind of surprised myself.

Started with this font: http://www.dafont.com/daft-font.font
Cpt_Daft-start.jpg
And was able to turn it into this
Cpt_Daft.jpg
Obviously not even close to as great as the original, but it turned out closer than I expected. And I was able to put a little bit of my own style on it. Though I wish I was capable of making what the original artist made. Neeeeed more practice!

--

So, if you're ever listening to a favorite song or album and get inspired to create something, feel free to share your art here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cpt_Harlock on 09 Jul 2012, 15:16, edited 2 times in total.

SMWasder
Retired

Re: Art Influenced by Music

Post by SMWasder » 09 Jul 2012, 06:42

My signature down there is basically a copy of a Rolo Tomassi tour poster (which I annoyingly can't find anymore). I used a different font and the colours are a tad different, but it's actually fairly close to a part of the poster. I haven't made a forum sig in ages and ages though, so I'm a bit rusty.

Ohhh, I forgot, so is my avatar (although it was a different attempt), the colours are more like the original poster, but it doesn't follow the original as much (it's just a posterised picture of the earth that I messed around with the colours on). It's actually my wallpaper, just miniaturised.
WWTDD

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Re: Art Influenced by Music

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 10 Jul 2012, 01:27

Sweet, yea I actually liked the style of those.

Gives off an eerie 'looking into the future of outer space from the 1970's' vibe if that makes any sense.