Guiseppe's Delivery Service

A place for trading your in-game goods.
Guiseppe_Moretti

Guiseppe's Delivery Service

Post by Guiseppe_Moretti » 23 Jan 2012, 17:47

Hey guys, I'm going to start a Delivery Service for use in every world but PvP and Creative of course. It won't cost much, but will vary depending on:
-How far the delivery is.
-How much is being transported
-What kind of delivery it is (will go into detail)

First off, I'd like to mention there is a 100% refund if anything is lost, in any way. Whether I die, lose something, use something, etc. The delivery WILL be made.
I haven't figured out the pricing much yet, but the most would probably be 10 iron ingots, for a full inventory to be delivered, from a house at the edge of Fyra to the edge of Borjan. (please give me feedback on pricing, as I'm not too sure about it yet)

I can deliver from:
-Hub / groupspawn (i must be online for this, and you must be too)

-My "Post Office" in borjan, just north of the rail station, just out of Nysta (it's obvious) ::will go into detail about post office too::

-or from any base, home, house, town, your items are at --> your destination. ::just let me know where the chest is to make the delivery from/to::

-I can also deliver from person to person, like from you to another person.

:::for the post office, all you need to do is go into the post office, place a chest with the items you want delivered, and have a sign above it labeling which world you want it sent to, as well as the X, Y, Z coordinates. You'll also need to add me to the chest using /cmodify @Guiseppe_Moretti so i can take from it and make the delivery.
-leave your payment at the bottom right of the chest-

I'll keep updating this post with any new info, i'd also like some feedback on anypart of this, whether or not you would use it, etc. This is mostly for non-donators, who dont have /home, but donators could use it too, ex: moving from one house to another.

XDelphi

Re: Guiseppe's Delivery Service

Post by XDelphi » 23 Jan 2012, 18:04

Wow, this is a really cool idea! If I ever need something delivering, I know where I'll go to!
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 23 Jan 2012, 18:54

I definitely support this.

Guiseppe, if you wish to have a post office or post depot to take orders or to simply just to have a spot to store orders in Fyra, I have a spot I'm willing to give to you for that purpose:
http://i.imgur.com/wRJSy.png

It would be the red dot on the map. The blue lines are railway lines that could be used for faster travel in the area. There's also accessible nether access at the red dot, which I hope to soon connect to a nearby nether railway to terra.

I can show you it next time I'm in game.

Guiseppe_Moretti

Post by Guiseppe_Moretti » 23 Jan 2012, 21:53

derigin wrote:I definitely support this.

Guiseppe, if you wish to have a post office or post depot to take orders or to simply just to have a spot to store orders in Fyra, I have a spot I'm willing to give to you for that purpose:

It would be the red dot on the map. The blue lines are railway lines that could be used for faster travel in the area. There's also accessible nether access at the red dot, which I hope to soon connect to a nearby nether railway to terra.

I can show you it next time I'm in game.
That would be awesome! It would help a lot to have a post office in Fyra as well, to make it a bit easier than heading to Borjan if people are in Fyra already. I'll look for you ingame when I get on so you can show me :) thank you

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 23 Jan 2012, 22:26

I like the post office idea :) This could be a way to revolutionize trade, allowing trade to occur through the forums and you. Great idea
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Jan 2012, 07:58

This is an awesome idea, you know once i was thinking about making an insurance service to help players, then i thought it would be to hard to maintain, why didnt i think of this instead >_<
also i reckon a full inventory delivery should be at least 1 or 2 diamonds. then set your prices backwards from that (or charge for every inventory slot taken up X distance or length of trip.) I also recommend leaving a sign and screening it when doing 'point to point' deliveries, in case someone tries to scam you for the full refund by saying they never got their delivery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 25 Jan 2012, 08:24

I have to say, this does indeed sound like a fantastic idea! I could see this being useful to many players (myself included!)
derigin wrote:I definitely support this.

Similar to Derigen, I have a safe, stable town in Future Shift that has plenty of space if you'd like to put a post office there! If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you the coordinates. There's plenty of plots to choose from!
Orange and white, but not quite right.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 25 Jan 2012, 21:25

Relatively soon, there should be space open for a post office in the southwestern corner in Fyra, should you need it. I'll let you know when the location is available.

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 27 Jan 2012, 10:32

This is an amazing idea, you have my 100% support
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 21:23

New post office is in the works at branchscape. When finished, it should have marked chests for all the residents. If this is going to become a thing, then you can use that post office for BR members.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away