Hiring Someone to Build a Mob/EXP Grinder

A place for trading your in-game goods.
Preston_Brooks

Hiring Someone to Build a Mob/EXP Grinder

Post by Preston_Brooks » 12 Jan 2012, 12:16

I am looking to build a Mob/exp grinder at my base in Terra. I have tried several times to build something like this, but have always produced an inferior product. As such, I am looking for a worker who will be able to design and build something that is efficient and productive. I will provide all of the materials and tools you will need, it will simply be up to you to design and build the structure. Payment for this project will be based on the size and efficiency of the grinder. If you have already set up something similar for yourself, and can provide me with a tour (either by showing me the grinder online, or emailing me the save file if it was constructed in single player mode) to prove your ability, I will be more inclined to accept your offer, and pay you better. Please post your offers (including the size and capability of the grinder, as well as the price you are asking) below.

truemanator

Re: Hiring Someone to Build a Mob/EXP Grinder

Post by truemanator » 12 Jan 2012, 15:49

hi, its truer, my design would be to have a large area which would be the trap for the zombies, and have water pushing them down a deep hole which would leave the with 1/2 a heart of health left then you can 1 or 2 hit them with fists and gather xp.

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 12 Jan 2012, 17:24

Not exactly an application, just curious about a few details. Plus, I've yet to build a massively successful trap/grinder.

What do you have to start with? Did you want to convert a dungeon spawner (or two?) that you found into a XP+drops station? Do you have a large land claim that you are cleared to build a dark room under/over?

What kind of output from are you looking for? No/only/on-off spiders? Did you also want something that switches from XP+drops mode to drops-only mode? Redstone mechanisms to turn the whole thing off and on?

Preston_Brooks

Post by Preston_Brooks » 12 Jan 2012, 19:37

To answer your questions Singh44s, I do not want to convert a dungeon spawner into an XP drops station, those are rather slow and inefficient. I have a very large land claim in Terra that would allow you to build a structure. The structure's output does not need to be massive, but must be respectful. Also, I do not have a preference as to the mob type that is harvested. To be honest I would like to see a design that allows all types of Mobs to be harvested, but if this is difficult or impossible then I would be willing to make concessions in return for higher efficiency. Finally, I would like the structure to be able to provide both drops and EXP, not either or. As such, any type of redstone activation system is not necessary.

I am going to leave this thread up for a week or so so see how many offers I get, once I accept one offer I will post here.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 12 Jan 2012, 22:13

Briar Tower.png
Briar Tower. A full mob tower with drops, and an XP farming room you can turn on for mobs to be channeled into a spot for you to punch once or twice to kill them. It's 100% open to the public. It's about a 2 minute walk from Terra spawn. No need to build another with the same features. :-p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Preston_Brooks

Post by Preston_Brooks » 14 Jan 2012, 21:41

Wow! Thanks for the info Furdabip, can you give me some coordinates for the tower?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Jan 2012, 22:20

Preston_Brooks wrote:Wow! Thanks for the info Furdabip, can you give me some coordinates for the tower?
he gave you a map and a line from Terra spawn... use it
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 15 Jan 2012, 06:57

Preston_Brooks wrote:Wow! Thanks for the info Furdabip, can you give me some coordinates for the tower?
The co-ords are +1682 X, +2692 Z, 75 Y, in Terra (Blue carpet, "III" at Hub). Indeed, follow the map I drew from Terra spawn, towards Corinth, then along Corinth's boardwalk up to the Briarton Docks, around them and passed JonLuc's ship, to the Briarton Access that takes you right up to Briar Tower's front door. There's a [Lift Down] on the front of the building, that is what takes you down to the actual item drop room.

There. I should have covered all bases on how to get there. :-)

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 15 Jan 2012, 15:15

And people say Corinth isn't useful.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 15 Jan 2012, 15:27

aflycon wrote:And people say Corinth isn't useful.
its not though. Briarton is :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 15 Jan 2012, 15:34

It's useful in that it gives lesser towns something to aspire to in regards to size.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 20 Jan 2012, 14:16

Indeed wild. Indeed.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 10 Feb 2012, 22:07

If you still need a tower built, PM with how much your willing to pay for a decent efficient tower. I have multiple on this server, as well as a lot on single player.