Wastech Environmental Aesthetics

A place for trading your in-game goods.
SMWasder
Retired

Wastech Environmental Aesthetics

Post by SMWasder » 26 Nov 2011, 14:29

I have decided, after all the time I've spent wandering around, to set up WEA, the Wastech Environmental Aesthetics business. The aim of the business is to terraform, garden and other, similar tasks, as this is often overlooked when building and mining (namely, hideous quarried out beaches, which I will cover with grass or cobble-supported sand), and frankly it's a little ugly sometimes.

Basically, I'm offering to do your gardening and pretty up your landscape.

Fees are highly negotiable and probably fairly low, especially when some materials, tools or food are provided. If I'm in an exceptionally good mood I may even work for free.

EDIT: http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =19&t=6102

Use the thread in groups, this one is now redundant.
Last edited by SMWasder on 22 Jan 2012, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
WWTDD

vallorn

Re: Wastech Environmental Aesthetics

Post by vallorn » 26 Nov 2011, 15:30

I tend to do this myself with my own land. good idea though. il pay you 2 diamonds to prettyfie all of Corinth
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 26 Nov 2011, 15:31

Isn't that like all of Corinth?

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 26 Nov 2011, 20:34

It shall be done!

...Eventually.
WWTDD

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 28 Nov 2011, 00:48

What? No. ._.

We're working on it.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 28 Nov 2011, 10:54

It shall not be done!
WWTDD

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 28 Nov 2011, 13:23

You should open up a school and teach players how to tread lightly and clean up their messes :)

I just love it when players cuboid an area, then totally destroy the area just outside it in getting materials for their area builds...leaving holes, pits, messed up water flows and floating trees... oh and it's even better when its in someone else landclaim, why people, why?

I consider this griefing, but it's a tricky "rule" about it...

I will pay you a diamond block like every day if you can clean up Fyra. Plant forests, cover quarries, smooth out the beaches and take out floating treetops. Well I only have 7 diamond blocks and would want to be legit on it, but yeah...seriously I'd join in your efforts if you want to do this together even. I find terraforming FUN and rewarding.

Can I join your crew? We can go around and do abandonment claims and clean that stuff up, and terraform and landscape. I would want to start with Fyra, near the rails and move outward.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 28 Nov 2011, 13:29

Sure, that's pretty much what I was going for. I've started trying to cover up a large empty sandmine that's on my cuboid (although it was there before I settled). I'm slightly tired of seeing the worlds be completely ravaged without any regard for how it looks for other players. I'd be happy for all the help I can get :lol:
WWTDD

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 28 Nov 2011, 16:48

if you need Cobble or Dirt just holler. i have double chests FULL of cobble and a decent few stacks of Dirt.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 28 Nov 2011, 16:50

I'd be willing to help :D

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 29 Nov 2011, 02:16

*puts hand up*
XxGhOsTxReCoNxX wrote:I'd be willing to help :D
MayorLennie wrote: Can I join your crew? We can go around and do abandonment claims and clean that stuff up, and terraform and landscape. I would want to start with Fyra, near the rails and move outward.
double quoting like a boss.

Reaverblade

Post by Reaverblade » 29 Nov 2011, 17:30

I would also be willing to help.
Did you forget to backup Your Minecraft jar? Luckily for you, I'm a nice person.
Go here

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 29 Nov 2011, 17:43

Huh, that's a hell of a lot more of a response than I though I'd get. All help is appreciated, especially if you're going to work in Terra, because I don't know it well. I might not actually get much done for the next couple of days because I have physics and english language coursework I'm way behind on.
WWTDD

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 30 Nov 2011, 19:14

But how will people know of my ruthless capitalistic greed if they cannot see the gouged and disfigured landscape I leave in my wake?

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 01 Dec 2011, 05:56

ok, i will work on fyra for A WHOLE DAY this saterday... if i get paid a whole dianond block (like mayor promised) also... is there any bit of fyra near anything of yours maybe that you hate the look of with a passion and would like me to clean up... let me know ^_^
Tehbeard wrote:But how will people know of my ruthless capitalistic greed if they cannot see the gouged and disfigured landscape I leave in my wake?
would you like me to leav e huge pit of banned players and fire and death somewhere with a sign saying "dont mess with beard"?

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 01 Dec 2011, 20:41

ziggylord wrote:ok, i will work on fyra for A WHOLE DAY this saterday... if i get paid a whole dianond block (like mayor promised) also... is there any bit of fyra near anything of yours maybe that you hate the look of with a passion and would like me to clean up... let me know ^_^
Tehbeard wrote:But how will people know of my ruthless capitalistic greed if they cannot see the gouged and disfigured landscape I leave in my wake?
would you like me to leav e huge pit of banned players and fire and death somewhere with a sign saying "dont mess with beard"?
I'll pay you.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Dec 2011, 02:43

We could have like a MC school
Spoiler! :
Chemistry with potions
Physics with gravel ect.
Cooking with food
Geography with maps and terraforming :D
DT with redstoning
Business with a leading member of a top EC trading company
Ect :D
Ow and TNT 101 with blackadder.... In a obsidian room at the edge of the world :S

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 02 Dec 2011, 07:59

Expect me to probably get going with this next week, I don't have time right now for something this big, but after the weekend I should have more free time, and I can start clearing up after noobs!

Considering the amount of support, I might build a small base or something to store mats. I've noticed that there's incredibly few wild trees left so I'm looking for donations of all sapling types.
WWTDD

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Dec 2011, 08:16

SMWasder wrote:Expect me to probably get going with this next week, I don't have time right now for something this big, but after the weekend I should have more free time, and I can start clearing up after noobs!

Considering the amount of support, I might build a small base or something to store mats. I've noticed that there's incredibly few wild trees left so I'm looking for donations of all sapling types.
*crunch's knuckles*

how many? ;)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 02 Dec 2011, 09:03

As many as possible- we have at least two worlds to work on, if not FS too, and we'll constantly be working on aall four survival worlds to keep them looking pwetty.
WWTDD

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Dec 2011, 09:05

see me when your online. il grab you some of the overspill from Darkhaven.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 03 Dec 2011, 07:36

This is pretty irrelevant to any actual trading, but anyway;
On the subject of a base for it, if anyone has any ideas for where to place I'd be happy. Ideally, I'd like it as easy to access from spawn as possible. I've been looking in Fyra around the 1st stops on the rails but there's not really any space available. Also, considering you guys want to help (I hadn't expected that), I'm probably going to change the name. Terraformers Guild? Something like that, suggestions are welcome. (because I'm bored and a TES fan I thought about trying to find a name in Ayleid or Dragon-language, the best I could do is 'Golbrod', meaning 'Earth-clan' in Dragon) :D

EDIT: Sod it. Guild hall can go in Borjan.
WWTDD

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 Dec 2011, 21:30

If you want, I could build that guild hall for ya! Of course, I'm joining in too. I want to see the land looking nicer. That''s why I usually live out of sight of most people.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 11 Dec 2011, 12:07

I'm happy for you to build us a guild hall. As it'll be in Borjan I'd like to have it partially set into a mountain or a hillside or something like that, depends what we find.

EDIT:1 After we set up the Guild Hall I'll set up a thread in groups, and rename us as the Landscapers Guild. I know us mentors have been told to keep our stuff minimal in Borjan, but as we'll be doing a service and it's a community project I think it's worthwhile.
WWTDD

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 09 Jan 2012, 17:15

Bump/request for news!

I've collected up to only 2/1/0.75 stacks of oak/birch/pine saplings, and a double-chest of dirt for the cause, if it's still desirable.

BTW, does anyone know if there's a way to get better drop rates for pine saplings? Hand-punching an entire tree's leaves barely gets me 2 saplings per tree.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 10 Jan 2012, 09:09

I think the best way to get saplings is to destroy the trunk of the tree and let the leaf blocks disintegrate over time. I don't know for sure, but I find it gives a better sapling drop rate.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 10 Jan 2012, 13:13

Natural decay? I wonder if that behavior/bug where items dropped onto a floor switch do not disappear happens on here...

I'll grow a tree over moving water and give it a try!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Jan 2012, 11:14

-[this post has been removed by it's author]-
Last edited by tanisjihanis on 12 Jan 2012, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 12 Jan 2012, 00:06

Good news, everyone! Natural leaf decay indeed gives better sapling return rates than punching down the whole crown ASAP. I cut down 4 pine trunks and got 22 saplings this way, vs 7-8 expected from punching down the leaves.

In not so-good news, the "items on a pressure plate will not despawn" behavior did not test out. I left 5 birch saplings, an apple and a redstone torch floating on a pressure plate, and they all despawned.

In conclusion, the farming of saplings will require being AFK in the bottom of a wide, cone-bottomed tree farm while water is set up to wash dropped saplings towards the bottom of that cone. Vertical floors of such a farm should use iron bars as catwalks since they allow items to fall through them.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 12 Jan 2012, 00:16

singh44s wrote:Good news, everyone!
Is it bad that this one line caused me to read this entire post in my head in Professor Farnsworth's voice?
Also, good to hear, I hope this helps sapling harvesting go much easier for you!
Orange and white, but not quite right.