Escapecraft Trade Calculator

A place for trading your in-game goods.
Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: Escapia Trade Calculator

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 09 May 2011, 19:42

vallorn wrote:Gold did get a boost in 1.5 thanks to powered rails.

its also very shiny. :D
Powered rails aren't that valuable due to the minecart plug-ins we have. Just having the floor be logs or planks works I think.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 09 May 2011, 22:27

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:
vallorn wrote:Gold did get a boost in 1.5 thanks to powered rails.

its also very shiny. :D
Powered rails aren't that valuable due to the minecart plug-ins we have. Just having the floor be logs or planks works I think.
Lew's right :) gold's still worthless.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 10 May 2011, 02:29

Gold Tools also break stuff even faster than Diamond but last as long as Wood.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 10 May 2011, 08:49

That's true, but they actually fall between stone and iron in the lineup; you can't mine Redstone, diamond, or even other gold with gold tools.

EatDirt

Post by EatDirt » 22 Jun 2011, 06:47

I've heard a lot of people lately complaining about the calculator being outdated, perhaps the price list needs revising? I would be happy to help set it up, but I don't really have a feel for any of the values on this server. Anyone have any prices that need a redo?

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 21 Jul 2011, 13:16

Furd got banned so it's pretty much outdated forever. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 21 Jul 2011, 15:50

We just need someone who knows something about whatever this is scripted with, can access the files, and knows the conversion rates.

BEAAAAAAAAAARD!

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 21 Jul 2011, 16:22

or bring Furd back as a zombie?

il go get the lightning rod if you stir up a good enough storm ;)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 21 Jul 2011, 16:42

/me types /mn thunder

Good enough? :P

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 21 Jul 2011, 16:52

OI YOU!
YES YOU!

shin0biiz

Post by shin0biiz » 11 Sep 2011, 13:34

I just sender an email to furdabip a few days ago and asked him whether he would still update this calculator. Apparently, he is still updating this, just that this post has gone Inactive and nobody asks for an update on the calculator.

Long story short, he is still updating.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 11 Sep 2011, 15:05

sweet, Ive heard tons of people say that its outdated, so hopefully when its updated people will shush about it. :L:

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 11 Sep 2011, 15:08

Y u no updaet teh calc?
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 11 Sep 2011, 15:55

Wildwill002 wrote:Y u no updaet teh calc?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Sep 2011, 00:57

vallorn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 12 Sep 2011, 08:18

random980 wrote:
vallorn wrote:
Just gonna jump on the bandwagon here.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 12 Sep 2011, 10:33

aflycon wrote:
random980 wrote:
vallorn wrote:Y u no updaet teh calc?
Just gonna jump on the bandwagon here.
a mod jumping on a bandwagon?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Post by 697134002 » 12 Sep 2011, 17:26

The alienese writing above Hedonism bot says WalMart.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 12 Sep 2011, 23:15

This is my face when the calculator was updated in July.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 13 Sep 2011, 20:57

Yes, I updated the calc to include the new 1.7 features shortly after I was banned. This whole time I've been yelling at my monitor for you guys to just check the version info at the bottom, and for SOMEONE to speak up about it. :-(

But back to further updating. If something seems too high or low compared to other items, post and we shall discuss it. :-)

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 13 Sep 2011, 21:06

I think iron is valued too highly. 16 bars per diamond is higher than I've ever seen it sell in game.
I also don't know if I'd pay 6 diamonds for a record.
The staff here are all trolls

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 13 Sep 2011, 21:32

Jake55778 wrote:I think iron is valued too highly. 16 bars per diamond is higher than I've ever seen it sell in game.
I also don't know if I'd pay 6 diamonds for a record.
You have it backwards, according to his calculator its 6 records per diamond.

Which I think is absurd :\ I've never sold even a gold record for less than a single diamond, and I have sold records for as much as 5 diamonds each.

I also think that the different types of wood should have different values; Pine is valued much more highly than oak or birch.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 14 Sep 2011, 01:12

furdabip wrote:my name is furdabip and the calculator is based on what i would trade for items herp derp. also i have over 9000 records.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 14 Sep 2011, 02:13

Ive been selling iron for 16 per diamond for quite a while =D

random980

Post by random980 » 14 Sep 2011, 02:55

Messing around with the calc now, spotted a few things that seemed odd to me.
1 stack of cactus = 1 record (actually a lot of cactus trades seem unbalanced)
16 eggs = 16 obby or 11 TNT or 4 stacks of coal (Egg trades are unbalanced)
16 TNT = 5 stacks, 48 singles of coal.
1 Diamond = 2 stacks, 32 singles of wool. (i would have settled for just 2 stacks.)
Eekum Bokum

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 14 Sep 2011, 06:37

Thanks for pointing OUT what may be wrong, but I'm looking for suggestions on prices of things compared to other things, not just saying "lul, ur wrong."

Iron is more useful than Gold. Because of this, Gold is the "base" at which everything else is measured, and Iron is worth roughly 1.5x what Gold is. It used to be the other way around and took me some convincing to show me how useless Gold was. I like the base price of Gold and Iron now, and all other prices are based around it.

Records were heavily nerfed because they can be farmed. Or COULD be. Enemies spawned at the spawn area, but couldn't hurt you at one point. Is it not still that way? Because of this, they were REALLY easy to farm, and over the course of 1 night, I was able to farm 5 records on average.

Wood is wood. It takes no extra effort to make a Birch or Pine tree farm than it does to make a normal one. It even takes the same time to harvest them. This is why I've left Wood the same price across the board.

Cactus is easy to farm, and there's a lot of public farms available for people to use. It has only 2 purposes, as well - dye and decoration/defense. Should it be worth more? Less?

Do chickens drop Eggs more frequently now? I've always found them annoying to farm, as you have to wait around for 5 minutes with a chicken for it to plop out one. Should it be worth less, or more?

TNT prices are based on the price of sand and gunpowder. Are you saying Gunpowder is worth too much, too little? What? Either way, all mob item drops are based on the abundance of Mob towers in the game (especially free-to-use ones). You can get a stack of Gunpowder after about 5-10 minutes of standing under a Mob tower, depending on it's efficiency and location. Same with all mob drops.

Diamond's price is based on Iron's price, and Wool is based on Glass/Sand's price because of cauldrons. Because of this, some weird calculations may occur. You can always round it up or down, or change whatever you want. It's just a suggestion to help people guage the value of items.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 14 Sep 2011, 08:29

Mobs can hurt you in the spawn areas; I go out into the dark wilderness to get my records.

Not all wood is equal; oak, birch, and pine all require different setups for the tree farms, and supply and demand my friend: even if its equal supply for all three, there is a much larger demand for pine than the rest.

Eggs haven't changed, I think it's fine.

TNT price seems way off, people have been regularly selling stacks of TNT for 2 diamonds each; with your calculator its closer to 4.

And additionally, gunpowder price is way off; The average price now is 1 diamond to 6 stacks of gunpowder, but the calculator says 1 diamond to about 1.5 stacks.

And the average price for wool is 1 diamond to 1 stack of white wool; calculator says 1 diamond to 2.5 stacks of white wool.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 14 Sep 2011, 08:52

Aenir knows his business. He got me to spend a buttload of diamonds in one day. :/
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 14 Sep 2011, 10:09

Aenir_bEPU wrote:Mobs can hurt you in the spawn areas; I go out into the dark wilderness to get my records.

Not all wood is equal; oak, birch, and pine all require different setups for the tree farms, and supply and demand my friend: even if its equal supply for all three, there is a much larger demand for pine than the rest.

Eggs haven't changed, I think it's fine.

TNT price seems way off, people have been regularly selling stacks of TNT for 2 diamonds each; with your calculator its closer to 4.

And additionally, gunpowder price is way off; The average price now is 1 diamond to 6 stacks of gunpowder, but the calculator says 1 diamond to about 1.5 stacks.

And the average price for wool is 1 diamond to 1 stack of white wool; calculator says 1 diamond to 2.5 stacks of white wool.
I checked, and mobs CANNOT hurt you in the Ver3 spawn cuboid, so records are still farmable, so their price will remain the same.

I'm still not convinced that Wood should be 3 separate categories. Sure, Pine and Birch require a height that is 1 more than compact oak farms, and need to be at least 2 spaces away from each other, but there's not exactly a limited amount of space to build. Make your tree farms bigger to accomodate for Pine and Birch, and it will yield the same amount.

Your TNT and Gunpowder trade calculations are weird. It takes 5 stacks of Gunpowder + 4 stacks of Sand to make a stack of TNT, yet you want to charge 1 diamond for 6 stacks of Gunpowder, and 2 diamonds for 1 stack of TNT? If it's 1 diamond for 6 stacks of Gunpowder, then clearly it should be 1 diamond for 1 stack of TNT...

Either way, Gunpowder is higher valued than other mob drops, with it and arrows being the sole reason most people build mob towers, so it is why I have it so high. Currently it's 6 and a quarter Gunpowder for 1 Iron. Would you think it to be better at 10 Gunpowder for 1 Iron then? Or what opinions on that?

Now, Wool... Sand is worth 3 Cobblestone or 3 Dirt. Glass is worth 10 Cobble/dirt. It takes 8 Glass to make 8 Wool, as per cauldron recipes. I don't care how people GET Wool, just what the most efficient way to do so is. And the most efficient is to get Sand, bake it into Glass, and convert that into Wool. Wool that someone went out and sheared off of sheep isn't any more valuable than the Wool you get from Glass, so, 1 Wool, as with 1 Glass is worth 10 Cobble, or 10 Dirt, or 10 Wool for 1 Iron. It's taken me awhile to level out the value of Wool, and I stand by this conversion.

random980

Post by random980 » 14 Sep 2011, 10:15

furdabip wrote:Thanks for pointing OUT what may be wrong, but I'm looking for suggestions on prices of things compared to other things, not just saying "lul, ur wrong."

Iron is more useful than Gold. Because of this, Gold is the "base" at which everything else is measured, and Iron is worth roughly 1.5x what Gold is. It used to be the other way around and took me some convincing to show me how useless Gold was. I like the base price of Gold and Iron now, and all other prices are based around it.

Records were heavily nerfed because they can be farmed. Or COULD be. Enemies spawned at the spawn area, but couldn't hurt you at one point. Is it not still that way? Because of this, they were REALLY easy to farm, and over the course of 1 night, I was able to farm 5 records on average.

Wood is wood. It takes no extra effort to make a Birch or Pine tree farm than it does to make a normal one. It even takes the same time to harvest them. This is why I've left Wood the same price across the board.

Cactus is easy to farm, and there's a lot of public farms available for people to use. It has only 2 purposes, as well - dye and decoration/defense. Should it be worth more? Less?

Do chickens drop Eggs more frequently now? I've always found them annoying to farm, as you have to wait around for 5 minutes with a chicken for it to plop out one. Should it be worth less, or more?

TNT prices are based on the price of sand and gunpowder. Are you saying Gunpowder is worth too much, too little? What? Either way, all mob item drops are based on the abundance of Mob towers in the game (especially free-to-use ones). You can get a stack of Gunpowder after about 5-10 minutes of standing under a Mob tower, depending on it's efficiency and location. Same with all mob drops.

Diamond's price is based on Iron's price, and Wool is based on Glass/Sand's price because of cauldrons. Because of this, some weird calculations may occur. You can always round it up or down, or change whatever you want. It's just a suggestion to help people guage the value of items.
Wool used to be 1 diamond, 1 stack of wool. Shears have made wool farming much easier though, which is why i suggest making it 2 stacks of white wool, 1 diamond. ( personally i do my sells/buys at this rate)
TNT seems to expensive to me. Gunpowder and sand can be easily collected. And all you need is a workbench to combine the 2
Eggs are WAY to expensive in my opinion and should be brought down. I find an egg from a chicken nearly every time one spawns in Solar City, which is somewhat often. Eggs can be somewhat farmed aswell. Eggs are still a pain to collect in large numbers, but in my opinion are no way in par with obby prices. Make eggs cheaper.
I was going to suggest making eggs the same price as milk, turns out Buckets, water, lava and milk are not listed.
Cacti are easily farmed. They grow fast and only need sand. I compared Cactus prices to Reed/sugar cane prices. 8 cactus is = to 32 canes. Cactus and canes/reeds grow in almost identically, 3 high and roughly the same speed. However one needs sand and the other needs water. Im my opinion Cacti should be brought down to the same prices as reeds/canes.
Sorry for not making myself clear earlier :D
Ninja: Turning 8 glass into 8 wool is not the most efficient way to make wool, as you are also wasting a piece of coal to turn the sand into wool. Using this method in large loads has to take into account the amount of coal used/wasted aswell. Exploring the world during day time with a pare of shears is the best method to obtain wool in my opinion. Sheep also spawn in groups, an average of 5 sheep giving 4 wool is about 20 wool per encounter. Find 3-4 flocks of sheep (not hard) and you almost have a stack of wool.
Eekum Bokum